ADVERTISEMENT

LOM OAD!!!

Heelswin

Junior
Jul 31, 2016
Guaranteed! Top dook source told me in 2014 ... LOM gone!

2014 + 4 .... 2018 .... outta there!!!

If K is gone after 2018 season then he must have been diagnosed as terminally ill. I'm not even sure that would stop him.

Reactions: uncfanatic
He's done ... toast ... after a long trail of dookie slime, stink, puke, LOM finally OUTTA there!!!!!!!!!!!!

One year the person who post this is going to be right. I'm putting my money on this year being the last for Roy (or) K. No source, but these guys are getting old. I love Roy, but age is something none of us can fight. Being apart of USA basketball from the 17 under all the way to the big boys is actually a good way to ride off to retirement if they still have the desire to coach. Again "no source" but common sense says the end is nearing for both of these guys.

One year the person who post this is going to be right. I'm putting my money on this year being the last for Roy (or) K. No source, but these guys are getting old. I love Roy, but age is something none of us can fight. Being apart of USA basketball from the 17 under all the way to the big boys is actually a good way to ride off to retirement if they still have the desire to coach. Again "no source" but common sense says the end is nearing for both of these guys.

I agree about the ol' Father-Time adage. Personally, I would prefer an excellent qualified coach than making it the sole requirement for the heir to the program to be a "Carolina" guy. I do not want a repeat of the 2001-2002 season.

However, if Kenny just happens makes it to the bench under Roy.... hummm.... make that happen! :)

Roy wants to coach 10-12 more years. He recently (past couple days?) Said that there are a lot of former players coaching, so its a good coaching tree and he hopes thats the case in 10-12 years.

Roy wants to coach 10-12 more years. He recently (past couple days?) Said that there are a lot of former players coaching, so its a good coaching tree and he hopes thats the case in 10-12 years.
He will be 67 in August; right at the same age that Coach Smith was when he retired. According to Roy, Dean suggested that he should coach longer than he did. I hope it is another 10 - 12 years but I'd be happy with 5 - 7 more if his health is good.

Regarding K, with his EGO I would be surprised if he retired without letting the world know before his final season starts.

DES retired more due to health and dissatisfaction with changes in recruiting (health more of a factor) not age. Roy is in excellent shape and has a healthy lifestyle so he could coach another 10 years if he wants to! The key is the "want to" because as an educator, I can tell you that it gets harder to want to work with youngsters every year!

I'm betting we get 2 more years of ratty and

8-10 more years of the Greatest coach since DES, Roy "dadgum" Williams!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT