ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville is not idling

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
The Cards made a hard push to keep Todd Grantham as DC, fighting off the NFL Raiders. Now they have gotten Devonte Fields, who as a true freshman was Big 12 D POY.

Fields got booted from TCU for allegedly (it has yet to be resolved in court) hitting his GF. If Fields is a chick slapper by termperament (as opposed to a guy who under bad circumstances got into it with his chick and went overboard once), he could bring a good deal of negative press to Petrino and Louisville. But if he keeps his nose clean, he can be not merely All ACC, but All American. And an All American on the DL with what Petrino can deliver on offense could mean the Cards jump Clemson and maybe even FSU.

With all due respect,Woad, I don't think this pickup alone will vault the Cards over Clemson and certainly not the Noles. Fields is a fantastic talent, and assuming he keeps his off-field life in order (highly unlikely I would venture) he is a game changing talent. Louisville has become "second chance U" of late. Petrino is himself a posterboy of sorts for "second chances", but it will be interesting to see how it will all shake out in the coming year or two. The Cards are a team to watch though as are your Tar Heels in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT