ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Carter at Senior Bowl

Why do you constantly feel the need to come on here and bash a dude that doesn't owe you or anyone else validation to do what is best for him? And nothing you or anyone else changes the fact that he made a decision that was in his best interest and it paid off.

Why do you constantly feel the need to come on here and bash a dude that doesn't owe you or anyone else validation to do what is best for him? And nothing you or anyone else changes the fact that he made a decision that was in his best interest and it paid off.

Because I don’t like quitters. They made a decision to quit because they were scared. So now they can f*ck off to the NFL where most of us will not give a shit about their careers.

But you might as well get used to these guys getting trashed. That’s what happens when your entire legacy as a player is quitting on your team or getting suspended for selling team issued shoes.

Why do you constantly feel the need to come on here and defend them? They knew they’d be hated by fans and have a legacy of being quitters when they made this decision. Nothing you or anyone else says will change that. They’re quitters who abandoned their team before one of, if not the biggest game in program history.

I guess Javonte at least had some practice letting down the team with that dropped pass at FSU.

I think @NBBears20124ACHAMPS is Carters brother or daddy!

Yes he does he owes the school he received a very expensive education to play a game that is going to make him rich.

This decision speaks volumes of his character, and he will forever be known as a quitter. You don't have to like it or agree but I promise him quitting has been a topic when his name is brought up among scouts, GM's and coaches.

Let say a team is a debate between drafting Carter and drafting Harris from from Alabama, both players are equal and one quit on his team before the biggest game and the other played for this team, who you drafting? Never the quitter, and if you or anyone says differently your not being truthful.

Nope! Because I feel the same way about all the players that look out for themselves and their futures.

The debate is about football it is the ultimate team game at every level, if he quit this time at some point he will quit on an NFL team when it's in his best interest!

Yes he does he owes the school he received a very expensive education to play a game that is going to make him rich.

This decision speaks volumes of his character, and he will forever be known as a quitter. You don't have to like it or agree but I promise him quitting has been a topic when his name is brought up among scouts, GM's and coaches.

Let say a team is a debate between drafting Carter and drafting Harris from from Alabama, both players are equal and one quit on his team before the biggest game and the other played for this team, who you drafting? Never the quitter, and if you or anyone says differently your not being truthful.

Where in the contract does it state he owes an explanation to the school in which he helped win a ton of games throughout his tenor. Speaks volumes of his character? The scouts and head coaches of NFL teams that interviewed him this past week would disagree with you.

If you think NFL teams care about him opting out of a bowl game in regards to his future productivity in the NFL, I don't know what else to say to ya.

The debate is about football it is the ultimate team game at every level, if he quit this time at some point he will quit on an NFL team when it's in his best interest!

Lol. Dude, you're talking about college where you don't get paid. How in the hell are you saying he's going to quit in the NFL, where you get PAIDDDD? Damn ya'll, come on.

Reactions: heelfan1961
They still would've won -- and the kids you're referencing played for a national title -- whereas Carter did not.

So are you saying it would have been ok with you had those players opted out or "the players that look out for themselves and their futures" only matter as long as a National Title is not at stake? I'm unclear on your answer to my question.

Lol. Dude, you're talking about college where you don't get paid. How in the hell are you saying he's going to quit in the NFL, where you get PAIDDDD? Damn ya'll, come on.

He did get paid that college education isn't free and if his NFL career falls through he will fall back on the education to make a good living.

Either way he is going to get paid because of that education.

There are thousands of students that have to pay out of their pockets for the education that they will use to make a living after college

So are you saying it would have been ok with you had those players opted out or "the players that look out for themselves and their futures" only matter as long as a National Title is not at stake? I'm unclear on your answer to my question.

I mean, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'm all for the student athlete doing what they think is in their best interest. If it is play for a national title, great! If it is bypassing a bowl game to prepare for a event that could improve their stock and enhance their quality of life for them and their family for their future, great! I'm not, nor will I ever be in their shoes so I don't really feel like I should judge someone else who is fortunate enough to have a shot at the league. Do I think the players would've played in a bowl game that consisted of competing for a national title? Yes, I do.

He did get paid that college education isn't free and if his NFL career falls through he will fall back on the education to make a good living.

Either way he is going to get paid because of that education.

There are thousands of students that have to pay out of their pockets for the education that they will use to make a living after college

Cool.

obviously a young man has the right to make whatever decision he feels is in his best interest. the only "penalty" for opting out of a bowl game that's been suggested is criticism -- words, not sticks and stones. i personally believe the criticism is fair, others disagree, that's fine. if there are limits to what a player will do for our team, then there are limits to my admiration and praise for that player. that's my feeling.

We do have quite a few selfish and shitty fans don't we! Why don't you assholes say that to Javonte in front of him and the Oline and other players. You all are crappy fans!!!

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
We do have quite a few selfish and shitty fans don't we! Why don't you assholes say that to Javonte in front of him and the Oline and other players. You all are crappy fans!!!

Say what to Javonte and the oline? That we are selfish fans?

I bet that Oline is the most pissed off because if it wasn't for them he wouldn't be what he was and ALL of them played in a game that he was to good for, and we are selfish. This isn't just about what fans think was their team-mate considered when they quit?

You can spin this anyway you want but I am certain EVERY teammate was not happy, and if they speak on it they would be looked at as selfish.

Mack didn't like it either, but to each his own!

I'm a fan of UNC. Not a fan of a player. My rooting interest is for UNC to win, not for someone to sign a big rookie deal. I was thinking that the best way to describe the difference of opinion here is to make a comparison to a couple of coaches, Roy and Cal. Roy is all about the program. He will do everything he can to help the program, even if it isn't necessarily the best thing for the individual player. Then you have Cal who only cares about a player signing a pro contract and hopes the program can win some games too. I'll just continue to be a shitty fan by pulling for the team and wanting what's best for the program. But, if I see JW and he asks my opinion, I'll be happy to let him know that he has a stain on his legacy.

So how do you watch any college basketball, football and baseball as they all have players who in your terms "quit" on their teams and teammates and leave early to go get a job? How awful of them to go get a job before they have finished playing their 4 years for your selfish benefit!

So how do you watch any college basketball, football and baseball as they all have players who in your terms "quit" on their teams and teammates and leave early to go get a job? How awful of them to go get a job before they have finished playing their 4 years for your selfish benefit!

AFTER the season is a little different than during the season.

Like @uncfootball- said, after the season is over is different. Leaving a year early (or more in basketball) isn't the same. It's a pretty easy concept to grasp. I'm really not sure why you and others have an issue with fans wanting what's best for the team. Why can't we want that?

So one bowl game at the end of a year is more important than a whole season where an opportunity to win a national championship is more important? Interesting take.

Most people are unaware that scholarships are year to year. So the agreement is to play one year in exchange for one year of free school. Not playing in the bowl game is not holding up your end of the bargain. there fore.. QUITTING.

Insane how coaches would not like their players be available to help them win games. Incredible and astute realization there -- I had no idea. Carter helped the program when a bunch of games and also just helped his position coach get a hefty raise and a job at Bama. And then he looked out for himself and increased his draft stock and quality of life. The nerve!

Insane how coaches would not like their players be available to help them win games. Incredible and astute realization there -- I had no idea. Carter helped the program when a bunch of games and also just helped his position coach get a hefty raise and a job at Bama. And then he looked out for himself and increased his draft stock and quality of life. The nerve!
Does the coach have to be an active coach or just coached at some point in their life. I used to coach basketball, so it sounds like you might be giving me an exception to your "how to be a good fan" rule book. It would be great to get an exemption from the fan police.

Does the coach have to be an active coach or just coached at some point in their life. I used to coach basketball, so it sounds like you might be giving me an exception to your "how to be a good fan" rule book. It would be great to get an exemption from the fan police.

Nah, just giving my opinion on the matter. Not a member of the police or related to the person in the title of the thread.

In regards to your question -- would probably need to be the head coach of the player in question, no? Of course a coach doesn't want to lose one of their best player(s). 👮‍♂️

I’d love to see them do it to his face

Reading comprehension is important but I understand can be difficult for some. Roy was talking about teams playing in the ACC tournament as he wants all to play and doesn't want a tournament where some play and others decide to opt out / quit to get ready and stay safe for the ncaa tournament.

Reading comprehension is important but I understand can be difficult for some. Roy was talking about teams playing in the ACC tournament as he wants all to play and doesn't want a tournament where some play and others decide to opt out / quit to get ready and stay safe for the ncaa tournament.

That sure sounds a lot like quitting before a NY6 bowl to stay safe and get ready for the NFL.

Well I didnt read what Roy said.. I watched the video. Roy said if you opt out that means you quit.

Most people are unaware that scholarships are year to year. So the agreement is to play one year in exchange for one year of free school. Not playing in the bowl game is not holding up your end of the bargain. there fore.. QUITTING.
The school only gives students a single yr, and ncaa rules are entirely fubar'd- neither are ways to gain loyalty to from athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT