ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Carter at Senior Bowl

We are all aware of the selfish reasons for why they quit.
LOL.
But also, i'd do the same thing if I was in their shoes and i didn't any professional aspirations or angles aside from fball. Is it quitting or selling-out, or same-same? They didn't quit the sport, didn't quit being athletes, just quit a team-exercise that reaps the University TONS of money while not giving them much in return.

Reactions: heelfan1961
LOL.
But also, i'd do the same thing if I was in their shoes and i didn't any professional aspirations or angles aside from fball. Is it quitting or selling-out, or same-same? They didn't quit the sport, didn't quit being athletes, just quit a team-exercise that reaps the University TONS of money while not giving them much in return.

I've gotta be honest, if I was in their shoes (maybe Chazz will sell me a pair) the thought of skipping the OB would never have even crossed my mind. I guess I still buy into that 'name on the front of the jersey' stuff. If one of my teammates had 'opted out' of a game because they were scared of getting hurt, we probably would've beat the shit out them.

I've gotta be honest, if I was in their shoes (maybe Chazz will sell me a pair) the thought of skipping the OB would never have even crossed my mind. I guess I still buy into that 'name on the front of the jersey' stuff. If one of my teammates had 'opted out' of a game because they were scared of getting hurt, we probably would've beat the shit out them.

Big keyboard tough guy on here acting like he could take Williams, Chazz and Carter. You're a fan of the team -- majority of these guys didn't grow up fans of UNC. So comparing what you would do to what they did, isn't comparable. It's easy to say we'd do this or we would do that when you're sitting there watching the game eating pizza bites and mt dew while they're out there focused on their health and future in the league. Guarantee you those guys on that team respect their decisions -- the same decisions kids make every single year. Go find a new team if you can't handle it.

your "how to be a good fan" rule book.
just giving my opinion on the matter. Not a member of the police

Big keyboard tough guy on here acting like he could take Williams, Chazz and Carter. You're a fan of the team -- majority of these guys didn't grow up fans of UNC. So comparing what you would do to what they did, isn't comparable. It's easy to say we'd do this or we would do that when you're sitting there watching the game eating pizza bites and mt dew while they're out there focused on their health and future in the league. Guarantee you those guys on that team respect their decisions -- the same decisions kids make every single year. Go find a new team if you can't handle it.
Hmmm

Lol I said we would've probably beat the shit out of our teammates if they had quit on the team. Nowhere did I say I could "take" any of those guys. I'm sure most of the former athletes on here will probably tell you the same. And if you don't think those guys were resented in the locker room then you are naive.

Haven't had pizza bites or mtn dew since college. Now I'm hungry...

Lol I said we would've probably beat the shit out of our teammates if they had quit on the team. Nowhere did I say I could "take" any of those guys. I'm sure most of the former athletes on here will probably tell you the same. And if you don't think those guys were resented in the locker room then you are naive.

Haven't had pizza bites or mtn dew since college. Now I'm hungry...

Yes, the former athletes that are fans of the team. Not a kid from Florida or another kid that committed to Duke before coming to UNC. Guarantee you his brothers in the locker room respected their decisions and want the best for their brothers.

Yes, the former athletes that are fans of the team. Not a kid from Florida or another kid that committed to Duke before coming to UNC. Guarantee you his brothers in the locker room respected their decisions and want the best for their brothers.

Correct, we are fans. And us fans are telling you that these guys will forever carry a legacy as being the quitters who opted out before the biggest bowl game in Carolina football history.

You say it's okay to quit if it's in your best interest. I'm perfectly happy to agree to disagree with that point. But the fact that they quit is an objective statement of fact.

Correct, we are fans. And us fans are telling you that these guys will forever carry a legacy as being the quitters who opted out before the biggest bowl game in Carolina football history.

You say it's okay to quit if it's in your best interest. I'm perfectly happy to agree to disagree with that point. But the fact that they quit is an objective statement of fact.

And I'm telling you, not everyone feels the way you do. I say it's OK for them to do whatever they feel is in their best interest -- this is America, baby. The fact they chose to focus on what is best for them is a statement of fact.

Glad you finally get it. Now go to the grocery store and get those bagel bites & mt dew and get ready for the next batch of players to do what is best for them at UNC and around the country.

What do you have against The Dew?

Apparently"real fans" can't do the dew.

Was waiting for you to chime back in with some words of wisdom. Keep being the fan that you are, I just hope you have the stamina to keep up with all that hate.

This might make you feel better.

Was waiting for you to chime back in with some words of wisdom. Keep being the fan that you are, I just hope you have the stamina to keep up with all that hate.

This might make you feel better.

Yep, I'll keep donating money to the Ram's Club and paying for his scholarship and any other person who quits on the team because that's the type of fan I am. I just hope you're doing your part as well.

Reactions: Grayhead
Apparently"real fans" can't do the dew.

52e581c797ac95a8ad190fdcfaa1a382.gif

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Yep, I'll keep donating money to the Ram's Club and paying for his scholarship and any other person who quits on the team because that's the type of fan I am. I just hope you're doing your part as well.

Every year -- just like my dad, grandad & 3 aunts. 5-6 hour trip total for every home game.

FACT- Players that opted out are in a position to be drafted because of their team mates. They did not get to this point because of their talent alone. This is not golf or tennis.

Probably would be nice to see if anyone actually disagrees with you before making such a bold statement. We're all aware football is a team game and not similar to golf and tennis.

So now you are saying the only posts allowed are ones where at least one person disagrees with it. Sounds a wee bit like you want to control what someone posts.

So now you are saying the only posts allowed are ones where at least one person disagrees with it. Sounds a wee bit like you want to control what someone posts.

Lol. Homie, you came up here parading about “Fact” football is different than golf and tennis. No one disagrees but thank you for shedding light on that astute observation.

Lol. Homie, you came up here parading about “Fact” football is different than golf and tennis. No one disagrees but thank you for shedding light on that astute observation.

So why does my post bother you so bad. It's like you have your panties, pantyhose and slacks all in a bunch at the exact same time.

Reactions: tarheel0910
This conversation probably isn't worth continuing. Everyone agrees on almost everything. We all agree that he quit on his team for money and we agree that he has a right to do that. The only thing that we disagree on is if it's ok to quit on your team for personal gain. Some people think it's ok to be a selfish quitter for money. Some people think being a good teammate is more important.

ADVERTISEMENT