ADVERTISEMENT

Nassir Little vs RJ Barrett today on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henson was also banged up with a bad wrist. Kendall Marshall was out, which makes that entire team different. They were neck and neck with Kansas for most that game. With Marshall that team was right there with Kentucky as best in the nation. They took Kentucky to the buzzer at rupp earlier in that year. Totally disagree that team was overrated.

one of the more talented and fun teams to watch under Roy.

Just because they were right there with the best in the nation doesn’t mean the 2011-12 team is an elite team. Outside of AD that Kentucky team didn’t impress me much and I’m still pissed about the Hornets taking that bum MKG with the 2nd pick.

Was 2015-16 an elite team? What about 2016-17? They actually won the National Championship. I don’t think anyone on this board is going to say that team is an elite team. Yeah they took Kentucky to the buzzer at Rupp. They also shot 11 of 18 from 3 that game. Do you know how many games they made 7 or more 3’s in a game that year? Out of 38 games they did that only 9 times (this includes the Kentucky game). They werent a good/consistent 3 point shooting team so to think they were going to be able to repeat that is a stretch. I’m not saying they couldn’t have beaten that Kentucky team. We probably would have if we could have gotten a second chance, like we did this past year in the E8, but that doesn’t wave a magic wand and make this team an ELITE one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT