ADVERTISEMENT

Nassir Little vs RJ Barrett today on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting better...started off ugly...seemed to get pissed and started playing better!

I know it's only been one quarter, but Barrett (in this game at least) looks more polished. Granted, his team is MUCH better.

Nas has been a little unsure of himself, most notably the inability to make a simple bounce pass on a 2 on 1 break. He's ready to rebound in the ACC right now and he's made some good moves from the top but hasn't finished.

Not gonna overreact over 1 quarter but I expected more of a finished product than what I've seen in 8 minutes. Hopefully that is just a little national TV nerves.

Also, how the hell has Montverde played 20 games already? If Lebron was on their team he'd be complaining about not enough rest.

Reactions: Sk1310 and gary-7
I know it's only been one quarter, but Barrett (in this game at least) looks more polished. Granted, his team is MUCH better.

Nas has been a little unsure of himself, most notably the inability to make a simple bounce pass on a 2 on 1 break. He's ready to rebound in the ACC right now and he's made some good moves from the top but hasn't finished.

Not gonna overreact over 1 quarter but I expected more of a finished product than what I've seen in 8 minutes. Hopefully that is just a little national TV nerves.

His overall court awareness and "feel" aren't bad, but they're not elite. He's not super instinctive at this point. But he'd look a lot better if OCP had credible perimeter players.

His overall court awareness and "feel" aren't bad, but they're not elite. He's not super instinctive at this point. But he'd look a lot better if OCP had credible perimeter players.
He's the best player on the floor, playing with (relative to their competition) not much of a supporting cast.

Reactions: dgheel57
I thought Little and White's teams were considered relatively lackluster and they singlehandedly make them look like relatively decent teams.

Recap for those of us who were working during the game, please. I will look for the replay or videos until one of you energetic peeps can put it up here, lol!

Recap for those of us who were working during the game, please. I will look for the replay or videos until one of you energetic peeps can put it up here, lol!

Here are yesterdays highlights where he had 24 points and 9 rebounds:

Here are highlights from last week vs IMG Academy where he had 34 points and 6 rebounds:

You can rewatch both of these games on the Watch ESPN app too.

Some thoughts:
Nassir definitely has the ability to come in and be an impact player on both ends of the floor. He battled for each one of his buckets yesterday against a really good Montverde Academy team, Little's team was overmatched to say the least. Even though the highlights don't show Barrett really doing much since they are Little's, the kid is a very good player and played well too, I can't wait to root against him, lol.
I wanted to watch Little in two areas in particular yesterday, defense/rebounding and running the floor in transition which I came away impressed on both. A lot of people talk about Nas as someone who has a high motor and it is best on display as he runs the floor in transition and is able to get all the way to the rim by using his athleticism, size and speed. He is able to get into the lane effectively and draw contact, he will be at the line a good deal next year. Another skillset that Nas already possesses is being a good rebounder which actually makes me confident that he could slide down to the 4 for us and completely hold his own. You will see it in the video that his mid-range game is very polished and he is able to score from there in multiple ways by pulling up, fading away and using ball fakes.
We are going to love this kid in Carolina Blue and he will fit in really well with the pieces we have and those coming in we are going to have a very good team next year, I can't wait.

Here are yesterdays highlights where he had 24 points and 9 rebounds:

Here are highlights from last week vs IMG Academy where he had 34 points and 6 rebounds:

You can rewatch both of these games on the Watch ESPN app too.

Some thoughts:
Nassir definitely has the ability to come in and be an impact player on both ends of the floor. He battled for each one of his buckets yesterday against a really good Montverde Academy team, Little's team was overmatched to say the least. Even though the highlights don't show Barrett really doing much since they are Little's, the kid is a very good player and played well too, I can't wait to root against him, lol.
I wanted to watch Little in two areas in particular yesterday, defense/rebounding and running the floor in transition which I came away impressed on both. A lot of people talk about Nas as someone who has a high motor and it is best on display as he runs the floor in transition and is able to get all the way to the rim by using his athleticism, size and speed. He is able to get into the lane effectively and draw contact, he will be at the line a good deal next year. Another skillset that Nas already possesses is being a good rebounder which actually makes me confident that he could slide down to the 4 for us and completely hold his own. You will see it in the video that his mid-range game is very polished and he is able to score from there in multiple ways by pulling up, fading away and using ball fakes.
We are going to love this kid in Carolina Blue and he will fit in really well with the pieces we have and those coming in we are going to have a very good team next year, I can't wait.

Spot on here Frank.

His rebounding is EXCEPTIONAL. I also think once he gets a bit more polished offensively he is a matchup nightmare for both 3's and 4's.

Reactions: Heels5150
3. He takes Cam's spot (if Cam is here or not)
If Cam thinks so, does that pressure him to leave?

Could he transfer again? Has any player ever transferred twice after graduating?

For that matter has any player played 2 more years after graduating? I imagine that's quite rare, if it has ever happened.

Love his game. I think he will fit in perfectly IN unc system. He looked every bit as good as Barrett in that game especially considering the talent difference between the teams

Reactions: alabamaheel
He has no chance to do so in HS because OCP's spacing is horrendous, but Little has awesome post-up potential against wings. That should be viable next year, with Luke able to play on the perimeter.

Reactions: alabamaheel
So . . . Is he definitely OAD or not?

Does he definitely start?

If so, who does he push to the bench?
1. Maybe. He could very well be, but he hasn't indicated OAD is his mindset coming in.
2. More than likely. He takes over Theo's spot. He is a perfect Hybrid 3/4.
3. Doesn't push anyone to the bench. If Cam is back we likely stay Bomb Squad, if not then Luke slides back to the 4 and we start Hybrid with a Soph Big.

Spot on here Frank.

His rebounding is EXCEPTIONAL. I also think once he gets a bit more polished offensively he is a matchup nightmare for both 3's and 4's.
"Polished" is a good word. The only thing lacking in his offensive game right now is consistent footwork --- the type of stuff he will learn pronto at Carolina.

Naz was my #1 priority for this class for a while, and he just keeps getting better as he polishes his skills. The rest of the right stuff --- instinct, awareness, presence and motor --- has always been there and quickly recognizable to the educated eye as elite. That's why his stock continues to rise as his polish catches up with his enormous born talent.

Thank you, Jeff Lebo for helping steer him to the Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT