ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament (2024) Thread

Really, you think Zona deserved a 1 seed above Houston? Hell, Dook is a 4 seed, I don't see the "typical bullcrap". Play the games, no hook ups for or against UNC or Dook.
The south is the weakest region and it doesn't matter who the #1 seed is

We learned who our opponent was Sunday evening. We play on Thursday. That isn't a week to prepare.
Well, I think we can all agree that the hope is that Alabama, Arizona, and Clemson think that they have a week to prepare. Someone let them know that it's ok for them to spend a week to prepare

I hate dook as much as the next guy but the whole massive conspiracy of the whole committee to place dook in the “easiest region” and then - what - conspiring to have the 1,2,3,5 seeds all fold, throw games etc - because they are all in on it too?

That’s just not healthy thinking IMO. Dook is a middle of the pack team this year who has lost to GT, nc state, wake, Pitt. Us twice.

They aren’t worth living rent free in one’s head. Past dook Teams a lot better than this one have folded to teams a lot weaker than what this team has in front of them.

We learned who our opponent was Sunday evening. We play on Thursday. That isn't a week to prepare.
That's true. My point is that we have the full, normal prep time, not the quick turnaround. Assistant coaches are always assigned to pour over next matchup tapes this time Grand Canyon and Bama were those. We have full prep time to be ready for a tough opponent is the point.

Dook will be in the fetal position come Friday night.
Carolina has a really good defense.
Houston has a GREAT DEFENSE.
I think it will be a really competitive game. Duke has the guards that can handle Houston's pressure a little better than the other teams. But this might be a game they miss Caleb Foster.

But we're at the point of the tournament where I wouldn't surprised with any result, maybe other than San Diego State beating UConn. Everyone is capable of beating or losing to anyone right now. Especially without any traditional cinderella remaining.

Zona throwing up a dud vs tigers right now. At under 12 tv timeout in first half, they are only 2-13, 6pts; Caleb 0-5

Zona throwing up a dud vs tigers right now. At under 12 tv timeout in first half, they are only 2-13, 6pts; Caleb 0-5
Caleb forcing matters costing them points. I believe he will get that hot run we’ve seen before.

Clemson playing great defense.
Easier said than done, but I feel like teams that play hard defense are gonna find ways to stay in games, no matter what. Even if they go cold from the outside, they’ll find a way to keep the game with an arms length. And then you never know what happens in the last few minutes.
I really hope UNC comes out and defends Alabama hard. Alabama may be the only team that’s faster than us and certainly has five guys who can nail three-pointers.

Last edited:
Clemson playing great defense.
Easier said than done, but I feel like teams that play hard defense are gonna find ways to stay in games, no matter what. Even if they go cold from the outside, they’ll find a way to keep the game with an arms length. And then you never know what happens in the last few minutes.
I really hope UNC comes out in defense Alabama hard. Alabama may be the only team that’s faster than us and certainly has five guys who can nail three-pointers.
Pittsburgh heel: where do you reside. I went to high school in Mt. Lebo. You near?

Looked very familiar, didn't it?
He's been way more consistent this year and deserves all the accolades he has gotten. But he can still get a bit of tunnel vision when he plays.

Zona was in the bonus in the first half. As good as he shoots FTs, Caleb should have been attacking the rim.

Arizona is gonna live at the line. Which will likely prolong this game and make our tip time even later.

All Zona guards awful today. Amazing.
Boswell 1 - Larson 2 -
Love 4 - 16
Lewis 2 - 6
Bradley 2 - 5 decent.

Wow

Girard went 1-3 at the FT line
Hall missed the front end of a one and one, and is about go to the line again

Clemson hanging onto a 3 pt lead

Even Johnson is 3 - 8.

4 - 26 as a team from 3, as bad of shooting as I can remember, how are they only down 3 ?

Under a minute to play and Clemson up 5.

Clemson should just foul Ballo the rest of the game. Don't let him dunk. Don't let Zona make 3s.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT