ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft thread

gteeitup

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
Columbia, SC
what are your team needs and who do you want?

dallas needs d-line, corner, and rb.

brown or dupree on d-line
peters or johnson at corner
gurley or gordon at rb

I think Gordon is the first RB off the board. But I think both he and Gurley go in the first round. And that would hopefully signal a change back to offenses utilizing their RBs. We haven't had a RB go in the first round in the last couple of years.

what are your team needs and who do you want?

dallas needs d-line, corner, and rb.

brown or dupree on d-line
peters or johnson at corner
gurley or gordon at rb

Dallas should draft Okafor or Justise Winslow in order to keep Romo and Garrett happy.

I think Gordon is the first RB off the board. But I think both he and Gurley go in the first round. And that would hopefully signal a change back to offenses utilizing their RBs. We haven't had a RB go in the first round in the last couple of years.
I would like to see this happen as well, but I do not think Gurley goes in first round. That would be very surprising to me. Again, though, would love to see it. Poor Gio.....dude would've been a first round pick for sure, back in mid 2000's

My team = Buccaneers.

Needs: QB (obviously), OL, DL, DB's, everything

Winston or no Winston? Not buying the smoke and mirrors about some experts thinking we'll ultimately pass on Jameis. No chance. Lovie is dead set on him. And the whole Tampa community is already set on it. It's going to happen. Would love for Gurley to fall to us in the second round! Other than that....gonna dig into some mock drafts today and figure out who else I want us to take.

The more I watch on Winston, the more I'm becoming a believer in him. If he can stay on the straight and narrow, I think he has a chance to be a really good NFL QB. His pro day workout was amazing.

The more I watch on Winston, the more I'm becoming a believer in him. If he can stay on the straight and narrow, I think he has a chance to be a really good NFL QB. His pro day workout was amazing.
Agreed. Took a couple months for me after the CFB season ended, but once I made peace with the fact that the Bucs were 100% going to take him, and once I objectively looked at his game, I became a believer.

His combine did it for me. He was head and shoulders better than the other QB's on the day. And his TV interviews at the combine showed a more mature, more thoughtful JW. I'm sure he was coached up, but his interview with the three NFL Network guys and Mariota at the combine really showed him in a good light, IMO. He's still goofy as hell and quite cocky....but you need a bit of cockiness to be really good.

Plus, from everything I've heard, FSU's system is one of the most sophisticated college offenses and one of the most similar to NFL-level offenses in all of CFB. I've heard in interviews from multiple offensive positions (RB, WR) that their NFL practices weren't drastically more complex than at FSU. And from all accounts, Winston is a great X's and O's guy. So yeah I'm not worried about him at all. Just worried about our other needs -- namely, all of them except WR.

Also....I'm very concerned that Mariota is going to be an epic bust. Especially if he goes to NYJ. The NFL learning curve with him will be quite steep.

Panther fan here, and they really screwed themselves by winning their crappy division last year. Instead of drafting around 12-15, they are at 25. They need to shore up the O-Line, but from what I hear there may not be decent first round value at OL left at that point. Supposedly a lot of WR's that would be worthy, so they could use a speedy WR (Benjamin is good, but not a burner - dude never seems to get much separation).

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Panther fan here, and they really screwed themselves by winning their crappy division last year. Instead of drafting around 12-15, they are at 25. They need to shore up the O-Line, but from what I hear there may not be decent first round value at OL left at that point. Supposedly a lot of WR's that would be worthy, so they could use a speedy WR (Benjamin is good, but not a burner - dude never seems to get much separation).
Agreed on the winning the division thing. And yeah, Panthers should do nothing but draft OL and weapons for Cam. Y'all need a dynamic receiver badly. I consider Benjamin to be more of a real good, possession-style receiver (which every team needs). Now y'all need a dynamic WR to pair with him, IMO

I wonder what Belichick will do. They'll probably go for a corner like usual and I could see them entertaining the Mizzou defensive end that just killed his draft stock with a possession charge. But when do the Patriots start thinking about life after Brady? I wouldn't be surprised to see them move on that QB from Baylor in the 3rd if he's still there.

A-freaking-men to this.

I'm watching. And now that it has finally happened. I'm pretty excited to have Winston come to my Bucs.

I guess I'm cool with Parker. He is supposedly rated really high. I'm glad they took a receiver rather than a QB at that position. I think Suh automatically makes their CBs better so they can snag one later.

I guess I'm cool with Parker. He is supposedly rated really high. I'm glad they took a receiver rather than a QB at that position. I think Suh automatically makes their CBs better so they can snag one later.
Parker is a stud. He's HUGE. Will be a good target for Tannehill.....you know, if Tannehill can stay upright, that is. Pretty shocked y'all didn't draft an o-lineman.

Wow. Gurley went pretty early. I guess that was the one surprise for me.
I'm really surprised he went that early too. I'm torn on whether I like the pick for the Rams or not. Tre Mason is already pretty good albeit he may be more a change-of-pace back than every down back. Gurley will be a good crutch for the QB.....but that brings us to the main damn problem with the Rams: QB. They are a dependable QB away from competitiveness. Is Foles really the answer? I realize this year's QB class isn't the strongest, but man they need a QB

Parker is a stud. He's HUGE. Will be a good target for Tannehill.....you know, if Tannehill can stay upright, that is. Pretty shocked y'all didn't draft an o-lineman.

Yeah, I think they felt there weren't any lineman who were just guarantees (and I kind of agree) and they can get value in the later rounds. They need help there for sure.

Not sure I get the Panthers pick - Shaq Thompson from Washington. While the dude may be a good LB, they needed OL and WR help first and foremost.
Must have just taken the "take the best player available" approach. I'm fine with it as long as they meet their needs later on. Gonna have to find a replacement for Thomas Davis one of these days, so might as well be now I guess.

i always watch, i'm an nfl draft geek.

not surprised by gurley going that early, but i was surprised the rams drafted him...and how stupid are the chargers to move up two spots to get a rb that would've been there?

happy dallas got the corner they needed...now a qb hunter, please and maybe a rb.

i always watch, i'm an nfl draft geek.

not surprised by gurley going that early, but i was surprised the rams drafted him...and how stupid are the chargers to move up two spots to get a rb that would've been there?

happy dallas got the corner they needed...now a qb hunter, please and maybe a rb.
What other good RB's are left on the board? I watched on NFL Network last night and my one complaint with their coverage is they virtually NEVER put a "best still available" graphic on the screen. Not effing once. Am I supposed to keep a clipboard of all the draft prospects by my side or some shit? Geez NFL Network. I was frustrated all night thinking "ok who are the best [insert position] left on the board?" and no graphics appearing on the screen to help. I know ESPN does this so I may have to watch it on there tonight.

rb's still on the board with tremendous value are:

duke johnson
tevin coleman
jay ajayi
david johnson
yeldon
abdullah

i watch the nfl network for two reasons, it doesn't have berman and i like mayock a lot...although, i heard riddick on espn showed well last night...he's a former personnel guy so that helps.

rb's still on the board with tremendous value are:

duke johnson
tevin coleman
jay ajayi
david johnson
yeldon
abdullah

i watch the nfl network for two reasons, it doesn't have berman and i like mayock a lot...although, i heard riddick on espn showed well last night...he's a former personnel guy so that helps.
Ajayi could be a good value later-round guy. Gtee, do you agree with me on the "next available" graphic, or was I just not paying attention and missed it a bunch.

Reactions: gteeitup
doesn't mayock do his "best available"?

i'm probably the wrong person to ask about this because i keep an ipad with me as i watch...i have five mocks in front of me from different sources with positional rankings.

doesn't mayock do his "best available"?

i'm probably the wrong person to ask about this because i keep an ipad with me as i watch...i have five mocks in front of me from different sources with positional rankings.
He does but they never show it. Didn't see it once after pick 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT