ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame at UNC game thread—-Saturday 24 September 2022

They look beatable but that’s not against us
Nah... ND is upper level. Their QB loss hurt them. That Marshall game was a fluke.

The ACC has a lot of other mediocre teams, just like UNC. Clemson is really good. WFU looks pretty good and so does NCSU. The rest are just like us.

Everyone knows what ND is about to do and this defense still can't stop them

Onside kick would be enough for a chance to win if not for that atrocious PI call

The softness of that onside kick was perfectly representative of this program right now.

If Longo had been more creative on the second and third drive, we could've taken control of the game early. Could've been up 21 after three possessions.

Instead he insisted on running the draw on first down after seeing ND control the LOS against the run. Got behind schedule, ND dialed up pressure and next thing you know the offense had stalled out for several possessions in a row.

I thought Mack’s presser was pathetic. “They had better players” is why they dropped 48 on us. Is that why our other three opponents had career days vs us? Why didn’t ND light it up against their other opponents? No accountability

Mack talks how they are more talented than we are, that’s why they beat us , I find it difficult to recruit like ND ever will , unless we win the coastal this year might get some momentum back in recruiting instead of pouching off ECU commits .

Maye needs to transfer. He's too talented to waste his college career here. He should be competing for titles, not running for his life while getting blown out by a shitty ND team that lost to Marshall.
I'd hate to see him go - but I would completely understand and wish him the best of luck. 2 to 3 more years of this would be asking a lot of him.

Reactions: Oak ridger
I thought Mack’s presser was pathetic. “They had better players” is why they dropped 48 on us. Is that why our other three opponents had career days vs us? Why didn’t ND light it up against their other opponents? No accountability
Mack's faith is that recruiting solves all problems. His last couple of classes at Texas were the lowest rated he he'd because players had begun to realize that the only thing even young Mack was great at was recruiting. Mack won only 2 Big 12 Championships, but he had the top ranked Big 12 recruiting class about 10 times.

I'd hate to see him go - but I would completely understand and wish him the best of luck. 2 to 3 more years of this would be asking a lot of him.
This new role means any of our guys can transfer once without sitting a year. Surely by now they all know that with Mack and Mack's BFF staff of crapitude they aint never sniffing 9 wins at UNC. So any that could make a move to be an important piece on team that could win big may well leave.

I suggest that we prevent that by giving them hope: replace Mack ASAP.

Mack's faith is that recruiting solves all problems. His last couple of classes at Texas were the lowest rated he he'd because players had begun to realize that the only thing even young Mack was great at was recruiting. Mack won only 2 Big 12 Championships, but he had the top ranked Big 12 recruiting class about 10 times.
and his coaches left for jobs…this is looking like fsu when bowden was smelling the roses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT