ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame at UNC game thread—-Saturday 24 September 2022

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
No question the biggest game of the early season for this young Tar Heel squad. This season the defense has yet to slow anybody down and even with a backup QB I fully expect the Irish to still be able move the pigskin with very little resistance.

To be fair the offense has carried the team thru the first three contests and to win this war on the field they must step up big time again. Having Downs back even if he is used mostly as a decoy will force the Irish to probably have to double team him leaving other receivers to be just single covered. I personally would luv to see the running backs seeing some passes since they will probably have to be covered by linebackers and I like that advantage.

To me the key to the game is not the defense or lack there of but the offensive line. Coach Brown made it perfectly clear that the Irish won the last two games against Carolina because his team lost the physical battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball…

If the line can open up some holes for the running backs and protect Maye he should be able to pick them apart.

I see another high scoring contest with Carolina making a statement late and leaving Kenan the victors by a 32-28 score…

I expect a high scoring game. The Irish D is sound, but so is our offense. Pyne is no great shakes, but our D has shown nothing positive this season.

If we win this is the first time we have been 4-0 since Mack left. It is the very movable object vs the very resistible force. Downs coming back makes the difference to me 45-42 Carolina

This crowd is pretty embarrassing. Even if ND is having a down year, it should still be better than this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT