ADVERTISEMENT

OK, so season is just a few weeks away, how does this FBI sting effect...

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Think about this guys, what you have seen so far as names of recruits are Bowen, Little, Ayton and maybe Zion. But this investigation began in 2015, you know Bowen was not the only kid that was ready to play come this season that took money. Those top 10 kids, well lets say the clear one & done kids at very least, you know those that flocked to Ky and duke and ooops Arizona, what do the coaches at schools not yet named do about those guys?

The season is about to start, only kid I know of that has been suspended from team related activity is Bowen. Got to wonder, if Bowen got $100,000 then how much did Bagley, Trent, and Duval get? For that matter how much did PJ, Knox and the rest get for picking Ky?

My point is if we can assume there to be very good possibility that other top 10 in this class were taking money, pretty logical we can assume the 2 programs that dominate the top 10 have players that are supposed to play for them THIS SEASON that have a problem. What do those coaches do, if they suspend these kids they know took money then they imply their own guilt by knowing and if they don't and say duke wins a natty they risk the entire season being stripped and the natty stripped, the ultimate shame for a coach like K that is trying to craft his legacy.

That my friends is a rock and a hard place and what ever they decide to do must be decided pretty darn quick because the season is about to start. Don't be shocked if you see kids all the sudden come up injured in practice and unable to play.

Think about this guys, what you have seen so far as names of recruits are Bowen, Little, Ayton and maybe Zion. But this investigation began in 2015, you know Bowen was not the only kid that was ready to play come this season that took money. Those top 10 kids, well lets say the clear one & done kids at very least, you know those that flocked to Ky and duke and ooops Arizona, what do the coaches at schools not yet named do about those guys?

The season is about to start, only kid I know of that has been suspended from team related activity is Bowen. Got to wonder, if Bowen got $100,000 then how much did Bagley, Trent, and Duval get? For that matter how much did PJ, Knox and the rest get for picking Ky?

My point is if we can assume there to be very good possibility that other top 10 in this class were taking money, pretty logical we can assume the 2 programs that dominate the top 10 have players that are supposed to play for them THIS SEASON that have a problem. What do those coaches do, if they suspend these kids they know took money then they imply their own guilt by knowing and if they don't and say duke wins a natty they risk the entire season being stripped and the natty stripped, the ultimate shame for a coach like K that is trying to craft his legacy.

That my friends is a rock and a hard place and what ever they decide to do must be decided pretty darn quick because the season is about to start. Don't be shocked if you see kids all the sudden come up injured in practice and unable to play.
I'm thinking that most will just go ahead and play them regardless. Nothing has really changed as far as the NCAA angle is concerned. The risk is still the same as it was, the only difference is the possibility of getting caught is higher. Playing them won't be breaking the law, so there is nothing to worry about from that aspect.

Which acronym do you fear more, ncaa or FBI...

FBI 99% conviction rate. Scary. Just a guess, but NCAA is in bigger trouble than these colleges, and my theory is that if they (FBI) infiltrated AAU then they prolly have people planted inside NCAA also. When these coaches that have been arrested start to talk, I bet you that names in the NCAA offices are coming out also.

The only school I really want caught is KY. I just don't see how you get the top position guys each year without some incentives. If I am wrong so be it!

What is hilarious is everyone understands athletes get taken care of, but want to act shocked that they have been taken care of. SMH.

FBI 99% conviction rate. Scary. Just a guess, but NCAA is in bigger trouble than these colleges, and my theory is that if they (FBI) infiltrated AAU then they prolly have people planted inside NCAA also. When these coaches that have been arrested start to talk, I bet you that names in the NCAA offices are coming out also.

The only school I really want caught is KY. I just don't see how you get the top position guys each year without some incentives. If I am wrong so be it!

What is hilarious is everyone understands athletes get taken care of, but want to act shocked that they have been taken care of. SMH.
The only thing wrong with this post is you didn't mention dook. Jes sayin'...

Breaking News!

Coach ratty's back issues have flared up, he will be needing major surgery, and may have to retire due to medical reasons! Sources say, he has petitioned to have any losses from this season assigned to Capel. He has hinted that he will wait until the end of the season to make his final decision and informed sources claim this is to cover all bases. If they win it all, he can claim the victory and if they flame out, he can blame Capel!

In a related story, Bagley has suddenly signed a G league contract and has hired a certain high level ACC coach as his adviser.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Coach Capel to be implicated. Mark it down.
But K's fingerprints will never be found.

I don't know if Duke actually did anything wrong or if K knew. But if so, I'm pretty confident K would have made sure he was out of the loop. He isn't dumb.

That probably goes for many of the head coaches. If you are going to get them, you're going to get them on poor oversight, or something similar.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

I don't know if Duke actually did anything wrong or if K knew. But if so, I'm pretty confident K would have made sure he was out of the loop. He isn't dumb.

That probably goes for many of the head coaches. If you are going to get them, you're going to get them on poor oversight, or something similar.
You're probably right, BUT... if Capel does get exposed?... watch what happens to their recruiting.

Well here is the thing WW, if you are talking NCAA then having that degree of separation works because the NCAA does not have the power to wire tap or get phone records or to threaten jail time like the FBI does. Being a private school they can and have hide behind that cloak and said nor provide anything. But they DO take a lot of federal money so the feds are well within their scope to do the investigation and turn over those results to the NCAA and the NCAA can not turn a blind eye once the feds hand them the proof.

The feds right now are squeezing those involved for info, if they find grounds to prosecute they will but if not that info will be made public ad passed to the NCAA. All it takes is an sports agent telling the FBI that duke offered $150K to get Bagley (as an example) and they are sunk or having seized sports agents computers information mentioning deals with duke for players for $$$ and they are toast.

You're probably right, BUT... if Capel does get exposed?... watch what happens to their recruiting.
411.jpg

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and gary-7

Did you know that Vanderbilt was hurt??? Or are you simply psychic!!!

Did you know that Vanderbilt was hurt??? Or are you simply psychic!!!

Yes, I saw him get hurt, was he hurt when he committed to Ky, uh no he wasn't. He committed to Ky on 12/23/16
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...erbilt-announces-commitment-kentucky-wildcats

He was injured in the Jordan Brand game April 14, 2017
http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/04/...ilt-injured-in-the-jordan-brand-classic-game/

Kevin Knox committed 5/6/2017
PJ Washington committed 11/10/2016

Any more questions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT