ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

can’t believe this starts thursday…without knowing the qb from a previous year, i have no idea what to predict record wise.

i can predict disappointment, laughter, some wtf’s, some f this, and one or two thank goodnesses…and as always a “these uniforms suck!”
Normally i'm itching and desperate for the season to start, but now i'll probably forget it's actually happening by Thurs eve.

I'm recording it, just in case I forget.

And typical labor day weekend i'm pondering ways to get in some TV time... but this weekend i haven't really thought about it much.

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
I have intentionally avoided any and all talk of UNC football after last season. I have no faith anything changes this season. Or next.
I wanted to give this the love emoji just because it expresses my sentiment exactly, but I was afraid it would be taken like I loved our suckitudinous late season play. I don't. For the first time in a very long career as a Carolina football fan, the wind has been mostly taken out of my Carolina blue sails.

Reactions: heelbent
For the first time in a very long career as a Carolina football fan, the wind has been mostly taken out of my Carolina blue sails.
Exactly. I'm going to Jordan Lake this Thursday for a few days. I'm going to do my best to stream the game but that's an iffy proposition at best. I hope they win...but I don't expect it. I have no expectations at all. Welcome to Tar Heel football.

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
Exactly. I'm going to Jordan Lake this Thursday for a few days. I'm going to do my best to stream the game but that's an iffy proposition at best. I hope they win...but I don't expect it. I have no expectations at all. Welcome to Tar Heel football.
I'm recording the game but I also plan on watching it and I won't deny the interest I have, and I want us to win also; but like you, I don't have any anticipation of much good happening. It will be sort of like watching a replay of a game we lost.

Same here. Usually by now I have the roster and depth chart set to memory, have read every article I could find, and watched every Daily Drop posted. This year, not so much.

I question “incredible view of the game.” That’s definitely putting lipstick on a pig.
it sorta looks like where they used to park the handicapped people. It was an incredibly terrible view. Maybe that isn't it though.

Either way, for my part I'm sticking with the incredible view of the game on my TV.

The twin QB threat is history.

It's nice when they win without any real stress at the end.

Max Johnson’s injury looked serious and Conner Harrell didn’t shine; no Sam, no Drake waiting in the wings.
The defense looked a bit better but still had difficulty finishing tackles. Noah Burnette kicked four field goals
to secure the victory. GDTBATH, I guess.

Max Johnson’s injury looked serious and Conner Harrell didn’t shine; no Sam, no Drake waiting in the wings.
The defense looked a bit better but still had difficulty finishing tackles. Noah Burnette kicked four field goals
to secure the victory. GDTBATH, I guess.
this was how I realized I still care. I imagine the neighbors could hear me screaming at the TV. But overall, the D was OK.

I don't know which kicker I want to hug the most.

I think this one will be like the USuCk win where they went on to be a terrible team. Minnesota is not going to win a lot of games this year.

so my son’s hs friend was given the opp to tryout for the w.mich kicker job(high school kicker) and they’re playing wisconsin tonight(phil longo)…that’s the only reason why im watching because this sucks.

wisconsin’s offense is absolutely horrible…it’s not even the same concepts that were at carolina…which make me wonder a lot about his schemes in chapel hill.

so my son’s hs friend was given the opp to tryout for the w.mich kicker job(high school kicker) and they’re playing wisconsin tonight(phil longo)…that’s the only reason why im watching because this sucks.

wisconsin’s offense is absolutely horrible…it’s not even the same concepts that were at carolina…which make me wonder a lot about his schemes in chapel hill.
I thought the schemes were good, the playcalling not so much.

Reactions: gteeitup

You could write a novel about unc coordinator hires where the guy had consistent top ten units at his previous school then proceeds to suck at unc

Maybe if SC continues to struggle for another year or two we can go snag Lincoln.

A guy can dream anyways.

Reactions: Heels Noir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT