ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

As for the game itself, it was pretty lackluster to me. Michigan had it going early but then totally went away from what was working and allowed an overmatched Washington team to hang around. Penix was awful. Just dreadful. Missed throw after throw. Tale of the game was how Michigan dominated the line of scrimmage in the first and fourth quarters.

Now to see where Harbaugh ends up.

UNC has the best uni's in football, depending on the time frame. Current time frame ain't the one.

I won't pick a runner-up because it's a useless exercise, but I'll throw in a uni that no one else will....ECU. Not the current rendering, it has a little too much razzmatazz; but the older ones, especially the ones with the skull and crossbones on the helmet, is a pretty good look.

agree…no other program has that color scheme and it’s recognizable all over the country.
the color has devolved into more like a plain baby blue which annoys and disappoints me. Here is the actual Carolina blue, or something close to it, given the effect of an old photo seen through a computer screen. I guess many people can't see a difference but you easily can when you hold the two next to each other.

Even still, the current color is unique and instantly recognizable as distinctly Carolina. The best style to me was when were sporting those old tearaways, but the helmet should always display the superimposed NC.
CDMiYT-W8AI0i4p

the color has devolved into more like a plain baby blue which annoys and disappoints me. Here is the actual Carolina blue, or something close to it, given the effect of an old photo seen through a computer screen. I guess many people can't see a difference but you easily can when you hold the two next to each other.

Even still, the current color is unique and instantly recognizable as distinctly Carolina. The best style to me was when were sporting those old tearaways, but the helmet should always display the superimposed NC.
CDMiYT-W8AI0i4p
I read somewhere that the current shade of blue is used because it shows up better on television. Not sure if that's actually true, but it would make sense.

I read somewhere that the current shade of blue is used because it shows up better on television. Not sure if that's actually true, but it would make sense.
yeah, I've heard a few explanations like that. Another is that the standard pantone color they chose for commercial purposes sort of melded with the uniform color. I also think the coaches have made some changes for their own reasons. What irritates me is that some changes were made personally (I think) with brainless disregard of tradition. I'm am one of those tradition guys. I hated much of the playing around with uni's that was done under Fedora, I know I was in the minority on that.

I will admit that the white numbers don't show well with the older color due to lack of contrast, and that was complained about way beck when; but they would if they were outlined even just a little....and I can't see that changing the shade of blue makes much difference in that respect. And I'm not suggesting that the shade variations over the years have been terrible, but I don't care much for plain baby blue.

yeah, I've heard a few explanations like that. Another is that the standard pantone color they chose for commercial purposes sort of melded with the uniform color. I also think the coaches have made some changes for their own reasons. What irritates me is that some changes were made personally (I think) with brainless disregard of tradition. I'm am one of those tradition guys. I hated much of the playing around with uni's that was done under Fedora, I know I was in the minority on that.

I will admit that the white numbers don't show well with the older color due to lack of contrast, and that was complained about way beck when; but they would if they were outlined even just a little....and I can't see that changing the shade of blue makes much difference in that respect. And I'm not suggesting that the shade variations over the years have been terrible, but I don't care much for plain baby blue.
we should have uniform thread haha

Reactions: bluetoe
i think i did one years ago and from that moment on it’s been like the scarlet letter for me…had a war with someone about it and it’s still the only poster i’ve ever ignored haha.
lol, I only vaguely remember something about that, but I can tell it happened because of recent sarcasm on the subject directed at you. We can just let it go for the time being.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gteeitup
I only vaguely remember something about that, but I can tell it happened because of recent sarcasm on the subject directed at you. We can just let it go for the time being.
To be fair, @gteeitup did have something about hating our uniforms in his signature line for a long time, so he brought it on himself.

As for the game itself, it was pretty lackluster to me. Michigan had it going early but then totally went away from what was working and allowed an overmatched Washington team to hang around. Penix was awful. Just dreadful. Missed throw after throw. Tale of the game was how Michigan dominated the line of scrimmage in the first and fourth quarters.

Now to see where Harbaugh ends up.
Acc officials were allowing mich cb’s to grab receivers. Threw off all the timing on the routes.

I don't think he would be the first or even the second choice.
I don't know... he has a specific clause (allegedly) that, if he leaves CU for Bama, he/they pay more for his buy-out. He's an Alabama man... hey! ... that reminds me...

But, seriously... he is from Alabama, went to Alabama, coached at Alabama, and has been quite successful at Clemson. He's on the list somewhere.

I don't know... he has a specific clause (allegedly) that, if he leaves CU for Bama, he/they pay more for his buy-out. He's an Alabama man... hey! ... that reminds me...

But, seriously... he is from Alabama, went to Alabama, coached at Alabama, and has been quite successful at Clemson. He's on the list somewhere.
I'm sure he's on the list, but I don't think it's near the top. I get the feeling he wouldn't take the job. Seems like a guy who will be there until he retires or gets fired.

I'm sure he's on the list, but I don't think it's near the top. I get the feeling he wouldn't take the job. Seems like a guy who will be there until he retires or gets fired.
I think staying at Clemson is the best choice. I just know from around here that the fear has always been "When Saban retires, Swinney will go back to Alabama." Kind of like Roy Williams at Kansas, basically. Now, if what @gteeitup is saying is true, then the Tide fans don't want Swinney... maybe that plays a role in it, I dunno.

It's also easier to beat WFU, Syracuse, Pitt, NCSU and UNC, than it would be to beat LSU, Texas, UGA, Florida and Oklahoma

I think staying at Clemson is the best choice. I just know from around here that the fear has always been "When Saban retires, Swinney will go back to Alabama." Kind of like Roy Williams at Kansas, basically. Now, if what @gteeitup is saying is true, then the Tide fans don't want Swinney... maybe that plays a role in it, I dunno.

It's also easier to beat WFU, Syracuse, Pitt, NCSU and UNC, than it would be to beat LSU, Texas, UGA, Florida and Oklahoma
If he's there long enough, he might be trying to beat those teams. Either them or OSU, Michigan and PSU.

If he's there long enough, he might be trying to beat those teams. Either them or OSU, Michigan and PSU.
I tell ya... I really wonder if these money-makers are aware of potentially ruining the product they're trying to sell. I guess it won't matter because Alabama will always play Auburn, Ohio State will always play Michigan, and Texas will always play Oklahoma. But... a lot of traditional rivalries will die with this realignment.

People that are 10-20 years younger than me don't really care about NC State, so if that rivalry officially dies... no big deal, I guess. I assume there will always be UNC/Duke in basketball, no matter what. Even if they go to different conferences, there will be the honorary match-up, maybe down to once a season.

I just don't like the way they're changing the conferences.

I tell ya... I really wonder if these money-makers are aware of potentially ruining the product they're trying to sell. I guess it won't matter because Alabama will always play Auburn, Ohio State will always play Michigan, and Texas will always play Oklahoma. But... a lot of traditional rivalries will die with this realignment.

People that are 10-20 years younger than me don't really care about NC State, so if that rivalry officially dies... no big deal, I guess. I assume there will always be UNC/Duke in basketball, no matter what. Even if they go to different conferences, there will be the honorary match-up, maybe down to once a season.

I just don't like the way they're changing the conferences.
Perfect world is the ACC stays together and kicks out some of the northern teams. Real word is the ACC is a shit product and UNC needs to follow the money.

there's also The Citadel, but I think we're talking about programs that people know even exist.

web_all_socon_phill.jpg

BTW, you're in that Twilight Zone of posting pics. The image you posted shows up just fine when you reply to the post.

there's also The Citadel, but I think we're talking about programs that people know even exist.

web_all_socon_phill.jpg

BTW, you're in that Twilight Zone of posting pics. The image you posted shows up just fine when you reply to the post.
bro, it’s the socon…they don’t even have a youtube tv deal.

secretly, i’m digging the white pants with stripes.

• Haha
It
I don't think he would be the first or even the second choice
Not top 5. I’m guessing if they could get him they’d go after Kirby Smart. But no way is that call even happening.

I could see Norvell or Texas coach. The Washington coach already said no.

It

Not top 5. I’m guessing if they could get him they’d go after Kirby Smart. But no way is that call even happening.

I could see Norvell or Texas coach. The Washington coach already said no.
And FSU just got hit with NCAA sanctions. That could give him another reason to leave. Although, it might give Alabama a reason to move him down the list.

texas is keeping sark…best job in college football and with the most money.

dude told me yesterday they spent $1 mill on a recruiting weekend, for twenty prospects.

Reactions: Heelicious

dude told me yesterday they spent $1 mill on a recruiting weekend, for twenty prospects.
Now I’m hearing Urban Meyer name floated. Or Lane Kiffin, but that isn’t a great personality / demeanor fit.

So sad to say (for me)…whenever you try to replace the GOAT it is inevitably a massive step down, by definition. Impossible to meet even 80-90% of the standard/ expectations.

Like UNC with DES or even Roy in college bb retiring.

This is insane. And $1M is sort of pocket change / petty cash for the Texas program. Alabama isn’t too far behind tho. I think I read their team had an annual “football operations” recruiting etc budget of $70-80 Mil per year. And this amount has nothing to do even with NIL money.

This is insane. And $1M is sort of pocket change / petty cash for the Texas program. Alabama isn’t too far behind tho. I think I read their team had an annual “football operations” recruiting etc budget of $70-80 Mil per year. And this amount has nothing to do even with NIL money.
yep…since saban, enrollment went from 25,000 to 40,000 and revenue between $800mill - $1bill.

geez, that is a lot of hookers starlets and blow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT