ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

You could write a novel about unc coordinator hires where the guy had consistent top ten units at his previous school then proceeds to suck at unc
Longo kinda sucked even before he was here. All his previous stops had the same issues he had here. It's telling when the previous school's fans aren't disappointed when you leave. That's happened at every school for Longo.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
definitely some of that…maybe wisconsin just has nothing.
just to be clear, I was talking about his schemes and play calling in C.H. I really liked that offense, I just wasn't thrilled about how it was utilized sometimes.

I saw only a handful of plays in the Wiscy game on a replay, not enough to make a judgement on anything.

UGA is gonna win it all, and they might not break a sweat in the process.

UGA is gonna win it all, and they might not break a sweat in the process.
I just saw that stat that Dabo hasn't started any portal players since it began.

dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif

He hasn't really used it. He's gotten a lot of criticism for not adapting to it
dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif

After asking around, with local Tiger buds, they don't like it, either! In fact, they're especially pissed-off this evening! I'm kind of surprised, actually. He's young enough to be able to adapt to the new ways.

Playing UGA isn't the best litmus test for the season's overall outcome. But... they were bitch-slapped. Maybe that loss will set them on fire. It will be the best team they play all season.

I'm afraid Kirby & UGA are the new Saban/Bama for a long, long time.

After asking around, with local Tiger buds, they don't like it, either! In fact, they're especially pissed-off this evening! I'm kind of surprised, actually. He's young enough to be able to adapt to the new ways.
He's younger, but he's always had an old school way of thinking. If nothing else, you have to give Mack credit for adjusting to the new world and trying to use the portal. Just wish he had the money he needed to bring in the top tier.

Reactions: strummingram
He's younger, but he's always had an old school way of thinking. If nothing else, you have to give Mack credit for adjusting to the new world and trying to use the portal. Just wish he had the money he needed to bring in the top tier.
I've gotta believe that Clemson has the money for the best players.

It kinda surprises me that schools like Ole Miss have more $$$ than UNC. I admittedly do not know how the revenue for the sports/NIL is generated.

Its a weird hill to die on but I guess his job security isn’t really an issue so he can do whatever he wants.
I've got several relatives and friends that have gone there. They used to hold him in god like status, not so much anymore. I'd actually say that his job security isn't what one would think due to recent success/failure. It's been an interesting follow once he finally lost his coordinators. The failure to employ the portal is only going to magnify the situation. Of course, I keep telling them that it's nothing that another Trevor or Deshaun couldn't fix. Players like Klubnik or Uiagalelei aren't the answer,

I've got several relatives and friends that have gone there. They used to hold him in god like status, not so much anymore. I'd actually say that his job security isn't what one would think due to recent success/failure. It's been an interesting follow once he finally lost his coordinators. The failure to employ the portal is only going to magnify the situation. Of course, I keep telling them that it's nothing that another Trevor or Deshaun couldn't fix. Players like Klubnik or Uiagalelei aren't the answer,

Same here, I actually went to Clemson and my mom’s family are all Clemson fans. I think part of what is irritating them is the fact that they have one of the most successful fundraising programs in all of college sports but they aren’t utilizing it to bring in more talent.

I’m still not sure they’re ever going to run him off though. It will be interesting to see though. Their fanbase is hardcore

I’ve two BIL’s that went there. They’re ready to move on from Dabo. They think he’s peaked and his unwillingness to embrace the portal will keep them from being elite, which they think is a birthright.

As for unc, after watching usc vs lsu last night with the spectacular plays and speed….man we are just so far from that. Our kicker might start for usc though.

Same here, I actually went to Clemson and my mom’s family are all Clemson fans. I think part of what is irritating them is the fact that they have one of the most successful fundraising programs in all of college sports but they aren’t utilizing it to bring in more talent.

I’m still not sure they’re ever going to run him off though. It will be interesting to see though. Their fanbase is hardcore
I would think yesterday would be a wakeup call. Clemson has the money, they just need to get the coach to use it. Same with UNC basketball and looking for "Carolina guys."

FSU back within one score but BC is giving them all they can handle.

Honestly this one hasn’t even really been close. BC has controlled the game for 4 quarters

only thing i’ve learned is that the front seven is pretty good and plays hard and the qb can run around.
I also learned that true frosh rb Gause has potential to be really good (vision, cutting, patience...).

And that we have zero depth at LB right now.

Last edited:
As bad as our pass defense looks so far, the D line and LBs have just been outstanding against the run. I haven’t seen goal line stands like that in quite a while. Maybe it’s a matter of the opponent but keeping a team out of the end zone when it had first and goal at the three yard line was really good. Allen and Cost really need to step up because they were picked on all afternoon.

At this point you would have to think that opposing coaches have to consider starting their backup when playing us.
Yeah, but that strategy has pretty much been written on the third tablet for us. I'm thinking we'd have to go back to the days of leather helmets to not make that one work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT