ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

You'd definitely embrace, enforce and obey a Trump dictatorship, right?

Your avoidance of acknowledging reality is now becoming humorous. Deflect, deflect, deflect. Your status as the board’s middle road guy has all but vanished. But at least your wool will keep you warm in the winter.

Reactions: nctransplant
Reactions: Archer2
Your avoidance of acknowledging reality is now becoming humorous. Deflect, deflect, deflect. Your status as the board’s middle road guy has all but vanished. But at least your wool will keep you warm in the winter.
I will gladly admit that Kamala Harris is a shitty VP and has no fvcking clue what she's doing. Joe Biden is ancient and barely has any sign of lucid, cognitive awareness. They are both inept, from my perspective.

All the GOP has to offer is King Shit-For-Brains whose entire platform is revenge grievance and hating what he doesn't understand. I'll pass.

I thought so.

I’ll play.

Explain the pearl clutching (BTW, you doing this is ruining your independent thinker act as it’s just parroting the unfounded liberal narrative) surrounding this notion of Trump becoming a dictator. Play it out for me. If this were to happen, how would it go down? Be specific. Military coup? Would he weaponize government departments?

After you explain where you’re coming from, I will answer as to whether or not I’d be supportive of such.

Thanks.

To the many who decide things just because they hate him, and are now holding E. Jean Carroll up as a proud fighter against all things Trump, perhaps you can explain to the rest of us who are a little bidenlike on understanding all of this, why is it that the trial judge didn't allow in her prior statements regarding the incident? Why wasn't orangeman allowed to use this in cross examination of his accuser?

I've seen this oft lobed accusation from the echo chamber gaining more and more traction. And, I know he made the joking comment about only on day one, but I have yet to hear a cogent explanation on A.) where does this come from in terms of real meat on the bone for the claim, and perhaps more importantly, B.) why on earth didn't he already do this when he was president?

I've seen this oft lobed accusation from the echo chamber gaining more and more traction. And, I know he made the joking comment about only on day one, but I have yet to hear a cogent explanation on A.) where does this come from in terms of real meat on the bone for the claim, and perhaps more importantly, B.) why on earth didn't he already do this when he was president?

Look above. I’ve already asked for him to draw me a picture of what he’s suggesting. Chances are, he won’t.

Respondents included current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics, as well as scholars who had recently published peer-reviewed academic research in key related scholarly journals or academic presses.

If you examine how these rankings were obtained, you'll see that Republican members ranked Donald Trump at #41 (of 45) and conservatives ranked him #43 (Table 2).

Trump easily rated as the most polarizing president (Table 4) and the eighth-most overrated president (Table 7).

Source: https://static.poder360.com.br/2024/02/Grandeza-Presidencial-2024.pdf

Respondents include me, recognized as having created many noteworthy posts on a Rivals message board, and possessing more ability to judge how my life is being affected than some egghead with credentials meaningless to me in the real world.

So hell, I'm a self-styled expert too and I put Trump at the top, just under Teddy Roosevelt.

There's a little bit more at stake this time for him. I don't know how much time he has left in his life, but he doesn't want to spend it in prison. Being the president keeps him out of prison, that's a pretty big incentive.

Serious question:

Unless the goal is to have non-citizens vote, how does this make any sense whatsoever?

lol. This was my favorite part of that article:

One of Wong’s priorities is to ensure that voter materials are translated in a way that people can understand – she pointed out, for example, that there isn’t an equivalent term for the word “reparations” in Cantonese or Mandarin.

Hahaha. Yeah, no shit.

Did you even read the article? And yes, it makes perfect sense for the purposes she will serve.

Sorry, but there's no bogeyman here.
I did read it. I wonder if you did as well. Or more pointedly, I wonder if you understand that my inquiry was limited to the notion of voting. It had nothing to do with the idea of helping immigrants, dealing with language barriers, etc. It's a simple thought and one I stand by: one of the privileges that come to us through our citizenship is the right to vote. Non-citizens should not be voting and having the ability to directly influence such issues. Period. If you allow non-citizens to vote, it is a form of disenfranchising actual citizens.

Ms. Wong may be a very, very fine individual. But, she came here for school to pursue graduate studies in 2019 - that's five years ago. Why hasn't she finished school and gone home? And she may have many qualities that could contribute to certain aspects of things in San Francisco, but she should serve on those committees, not the Election Board. Of course, you probably skipped right over the part that SF has previously already enacted law that allowed non-citizens to vote in certain circumstances. So, I guess since this makes "perfect sense" to you, exactly why do we even have citizenship anymore?

There's a little bit more at stake this time for him. I don't know how much time he has left in his life, but he doesn't want to spend it in prison. Being the president keeps him out of prison, that's a pretty big incentive.

So, help me connect the dots;

He would become a dictator to stay out of prison. Ok. That seems like a reasonable (albeit strangely paranoid) thought. Is this the only dictator-like thing he would do or in this pretend world, is there more. I promise I will answer your question. I just want you to add a few more details to your theory.

The irony of your response is you just laid out a perfect, yet unstated reason for Joe running again when he absolutely had said he was a one term guy simply looking to bridge to the next generation of democrat candidates. Reread the words you typed.

Also, it's still a non-answer. If a person who gets elected to be president believes that he/she can somehow assert authority equivalent to being a dictator, why would orange not just have done that last time? He's dictator, just keep on being president and/or pardon himself. Problem solved. Hate on him all you want, but it doesn't explain this narrative.

Looks like every time some idiot accuses Trump of trying to become a dictator or parrots the line of “democracy is on the line”, when pressed to explain the comment, they never can.

I guess it didn’t work. And because he’s such an idiot according to you and many others, do we really need to fear him figuring out how to become a dictator?
He can't "become one" without being elected again. My question for you was, if he did you'd be happy with it

I forgot about your handicap.

Don’t be mad that you’re getting exposed right now. Poop and I both have asked reasonable things of you. You’re the one freaking out about Big Orange and saying absurdities and then when asked for explanations, you run or deflect or go on the attack.

He can't "become one" without being elected again. My question for you was, if he did you'd be happy with it

That’s not a question.

And again, why would I fear him becoming one as President when he wasn’t able to accomplish that last time? And since he’s just an idiot, I have to be sure he couldn’t get it done in round 2, right?

You don’t seem as sure though. Explain that to me. You seem worried that he’d become a dictator but you acknowledge that he has tried and failed in the past. Those things don’t add up.

He tried... that's part of the indictments he's facing.
So, AGAIN, it is a flawed and nonsensical argument (not that I agree with you, simply assuming for purposes of the discussion that your stance is correct). He tried, AND FAILED as the system apparently doesn't allow for that.

I mean, all these years with all these self-important narcissists at the helm of the oval office, they could have been dictators but only trump is smart enough to realize this after all these years. And he tried once, but this time he'll really, really, really, really try. Again, it's fine to hate the guy, but you are better than this.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
So, AGAIN, it is a flawed and nonsensical argument (not that I agree with you, simply assuming for purposes of the discussion that your stance is correct). He tried, AND FAILED as the system apparently doesn't allow for that.

I mean, all these years with all these self-important narcissists at the helm of the oval office, they could have been dictators but only trump is smart enough to realize this after all these years. And he tried once, but this time he'll really, really, really, really try. Again, it's fine to hate the guy, but you are better than this.

But Trump, the incompetent dummy that he is, would figure a way to end democracy. Thats the fear.

Seems legit.

but you are better than this.

01f43730-1f4f-49dc-838d-28abab06023b_text.gif

I don’t think he’s coming back to this discussion @pooponduke . Maybe after he consults with another pearl clutcher he’ll be able to give us something. I imagine he’s scouring YouTube as we speak.

That’s not a question.

And again, why would I fear him becoming one as President when he wasn’t able to accomplish that last time? And since he’s just an idiot, I have to be sure he couldn’t get it done in round 2, right?

You don’t seem as sure though. Explain that to me. You seem worried that he’d become a dictator but you acknowledge that he has tried and failed in the past. Those things don’t add up.
Once again:

The likelihood of it isn't part of the question. It's easy to answer.

Once again:

Oh man, you came back! After the beating you took, I doubted it.

Ok, to answer your question, I’ll say “no”.

But I say that without knowing what it would look like. I’m still anxiously awaiting for you to paint that picture. Do that and then check back in with me.

Once again:

Oh. I finally understand. You, the D mouthpieces in the media, other posters here, et al. were all just misquoted or misunderstood. Now I follow: the proposal is for Trump to move somewhere that actually has dictatorships? I would have a hard no on that since I want our country's issues resolved first and stepping aside for another four years of Joe and Toe probably isn't gonna help achieve those goals.

But since we are now visiting fantasyland, how about supporting trump being re-elected and wiping out our entire national debt while achieving world peace and completely restoring the climate?

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
Oh man, you came back! After the beating you took, I doubted it.

Ok, to answer your question, I’ll say “no”.

But I say that without knowing what it would look like. I’m still anxiously awaiting for you to paint that picture. Do that and then check back in with me.

No is one of the two choices. Thanks

Oh. I finally understand. You, the D mouthpieces in the media, other posters here, et al. were all just misquoted or misunderstood. Now I follow: the proposal is for Trump to move somewhere that actually has dictatorships? I would have a hard no on that since I want our country's issues resolved first and stepping aside for another four years of Joe and Toe probably isn't gonna help achieve those goals.

But since we are now visiting fantasyland, how about supporting trump being re-elected and wiping out our entire national debt while achieving world peace and completely restoring the climate?
I'm the d-mouth pieces in the media? Okay, if you need to foil. I would like to get paid more if that's what I am.

Im not afraid trump will become a dictator, I just don’t think it’s any way possible. I am afraid he WANTS to be a dictator or dictator-like. With his ego He prob really thinks the more power he has the better and would do some colossally idiotic shyt to be so. I think he’s shown he’s capable of that. I think the Russian roulette analogy is pretty accurate. I would maybe say it works better with 3 bullets.

I'm the d-mouth pieces in the media? Okay, if you need to foil. I would like to get paid more if that's what I am.
If you think that trump's re-election would result in a dictatorship, then yeah, you are echoing the same types of fearmongering that the ladies (???) on The View spit out daily based upon their hard hitting allies in the msm. And since we know you'd never watch something like The View, I'm sure you can find all kinds of clips on YT.

I'm still waiting for any explanation whatsoever as to how he's somehow gonna pull off the whole dictatorship thing in a second term that he tried in the first, but failed.

lol. This was my favorite part of that article:

One of Wong’s priorities is to ensure that voter materials are translated in a way that people can understand – she pointed out, for example, that there isn’t an equivalent term for the word “reparations” in Cantonese or Mandarin.

Hahaha. Yeah, no shit.
ROFL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT