ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Free to go through life without being able to use any of the public services that they pay for? Will you allow them not to pay taxes since they can't use public services? BTW, would this include the bus, because they won't have a driver's liscense. Should they be forced to take a cab everywhere? Walk? What a joke this argument is. Every so often, people reveal themselves as the NAZIesque authoritian that they really are.

Why exactly do you always feel the need to be right in an opinion based debate? There are no right or wrong answers with this. Are you upset that I haven't personally attacked you? In the past you seem to always claim victory when someone personally attacks you, so maybe that's what you are trying to do here. If so, don't waste your time because I don't plan on attacking you.

Why exactly do you always feel the need to be right in an opinion based debate? There are no right or wrong answers with this. Are you upset that I haven't personally attacked you? In the past you seem to always claim victory when someone personally attacks you, so maybe that's what you are trying to do here. If so, don't waste your time because I don't plan on attacking you.

Because liberty isn't an "opinion" in my mind. An opinion is whether or not you should get your kids vaccinated. It isn't "we should crush all those who refuse to conform to our societal norms."

Because liberty isn't an "opinion" in my mind. An opinion is whether or not you should get your kids vaccinated. It isn't "we should crush all those who refuse to conform to our societal norms."
I assure you, "liberty" is an opinion. In fact, we don't even have "rights" in this country. We never have. We have privileges that can be taken away at any time. It's always been that way. Liberty is a very subjective thing. Look at human history. Look at present-day societal norms. Liberty is very, VERY relative to the time, place and people involved.

I assure you, "liberty" is an opinion. In fact, we don't even have "rights" in this country. We never have. We have privileges that can be taken away at any time. It's always been that way. Liberty is a very subjective thing. Look at human history. Look at present-day societal norms. Liberty is very, VERY relative to the time, place and people involved.

I disagree. Liberty is a degree of determination.

Liberty is the maximum absence of government coercion.
"You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your government."
Patrick Henry

Liberty is the maximum absence of government coercion.
"You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your government."
Patrick Henry
It "ought to be"... okay.

Let's play quote ping-pong:

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell

It "ought to be"... okay.

Let's play quote ping-pong:

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell
You have every right to do that because of ‘Liberty’, and I have have the right to say GFY because of ‘Liberty’.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
I definitely need to venture over here more often. Been a solid two years since I've visited with any regularity. Gonna have to change that.

Oh, yeah. Pinko-chicken-shit's my name, and yella-bellied runnin's muh game.
iu

You really need to drop this, you are sounding sillier with every reply.

Michelle bachman claims trump is the most biblical christian president ever. Tell me you like his stances on trade, immigration, economy, so on, reasonable people can disagree. But if you think hes in any way biblical or christian YOU’RE A FVCKING MORON. What the ever loving crap is “christ-like” about the man? When you envision christ walking the earth what aspect of trump’s personality do you see revealed?

Michelle bachman claims trump is the most biblical christian president ever. Tell me you like his stances on trade, immigration, economy, so on, reasonable people can disagree. But if you think hes in any way biblical or christian YOU’RE A FVCKING MORON. What the ever loving crap is “christ-like” about the man? When you envision christ walking the earth what aspect of trump’s personality do you see revealed?
Trump is no Jesus that's for sure.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Yeah, I'm not picturing Trump as a big Christian. Have we ever really had a president that is a hardcore Christian though? I know they all say thank God and some go to church, but I don't recall any in my lifetime that was such a believer that everything they did was driven solely by their faith.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Yeah, I'm not picturing Trump as a big Christian. Have we ever really had a president that is a hardcore Christian though? I know they all say thank God and some go to church, but I don't recall any in my lifetime that was such a believer that everything they did was driven solely by their faith.
Jimmy Carter is a pretty devout Christian. I can't speak to how his faith affected everything he did while in office.

George W. Bush was also a praised by evangelicals.

You know what turns me right off? When any politician ends a speech with the token, obligatory phrase "God Bless America."

Jimmy Carter is a pretty devout Christian. I can't speak to how his faith affected everything he did while in office.

George W. Bush was also a praised by evangelicals.
Carter was before my time, so I can't really say how much his faith influenced his policy decisions. Bush was praised by them, but that doesn't mean he was driven solely by faith. I think Bush tried to be pretty pragmatic outside of his foreign policy. Obviously his ideas were more conservative, but I think he was closer to the center than most presidents. He wasn't some sort of right wing zealot.

Would you prefer "Strum Bless America"?
Watch the video.

God doesn't give a shit about America. God is objectively ambivalent about the borders and boundaries and the names they have been given. Their flags, mottos, anthems and slogans are only relevant to people. God couldn't care less. I agree with God.

Carter was before my time, so I can't really say how much his faith influenced his policy decisions. Bush was praised by them, but that doesn't mean he was driven solely by faith. I think Bush tried to be pretty pragmatic outside of his foreign policy. Obviously his ideas were more conservative, but I think he was closer to the center than most presidents. He wasn't some sort of right wing zealot.
Carter was president when I was a kid. But, I've come to realize that he is a devout Christian. He also seems to walk the path of Christ, and doesn't tell other people how they should act.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Watch the video.

God doesn't give a shit about America. God is objectively ambivalent about the borders and boundaries and the names they have been given. Their flags, mottos, anthems and slogans are only relevant to people. God couldn't care less. I agree with God.
Heaven has a gate so there must be a border. And no thanks on Carlin.

Reactions: TheUPSMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT