ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

@joeydavid is definitely trolling at this point. There’s no way he’s accusing Trump of only doing friendly interviews and using phrases like “word salad” to describe Trump. lol.

I see you Joey. You had us all fooled for a while thinking you were really a Kamala homo.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
She couldn't answer this question, maybe you ra-tards can. Why do 79% of Americans think we are on the wrong track?

What do you think that means? If you say, because of the Biden administration, that's just your own personal bias and not understanding the question

Let me get started in this exercise. 84% of American's disapprove of this Congress. 95% disapprove of Project 2025. Harris has a higher approval rating than both Trump and Biden. Obviously, there's a lot of people like yourself who don't understand how things work in the world and are easily manipulated (see above).

• Haha
What do you think that means? If you say, because of the Biden administration, that's just your own personal bias and not understanding the question

Let me get started in this exercise. 84% of American's disapprove of this Congress. 95% disapprove of Project 2025. Harris has a higher approval rating than both Trump and Biden. Obviously, there's a lot of people like yourself who don't understand how things work in the world and are easily manipulated (see above).
Oh I thought the country was headed in the wrong direction because Trump was running. That's what your queen said anyway.

But you, a wet-behind-the-ears, Gen Z, TDS infected, fag knows how the real world works? Is that what you’re suggesting?

LMAO

• Haha
Oh I thought the country was headed in the wrong direction because Trump was running. That's what your queen said anyway.

If the best option of one of the political parties is a lifelong criminal rapist who at this point is completely dementia riddled.. Yeah, most would agree that this isn't the right direction. Unless of course you are in an alternative reality cult, like yourself.

That's pretty uncalled for. I think you owe NCTrans an apology for that comment. He can't help who he is.

giphy.gif

• Haha
If the best option of one of the political parties is a lifelong criminal rapist who at this point is completely dementia riddled.. Yeah, most would agree that this isn't the right direction. Unless of course you are in an alternative reality cult, like yourself.

Your anger is palpable. You know what’s coming.

• Love
Do you think the US should offer taxpayer funded gender transition surgeries for prisoners and migrants? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.
Libs have to stop being afraid to answer questions like this.

I'm not in favor of making special provisions to pay for those sorts of treatments. BUT, I do approve of providing top notch medical care for all in our jurisdiction who need it. So if those treatments are covered by existing provisions, I have no problem with them.

Since I answered your question, maybe you'll answer one for me on this same topic.

Is this issue really important enough to be a big focus in a presidential election? Immigration, sure. Climate change, sure. Inflation, sure. Ukraine, sure. The expanding war in the Middle East, sure. But transgender surgeries for a tiny number of people? Seriously?

I just don't care. Why do you?

She couldn't answer this question, maybe you ra-tards can. Why do 79% of Americans think we are on the wrong track?
Different reasons and different issues.

I think we're on the wrong track on a number of issues. I suspect you do too. But do we agree on those issues? And, maybe even more important, can we agree on how to address them?

Just to take one example that I care a lot about, Trump and the Rs want to drill more and roll back emission controls. Trump and Biden both want to make it hard for ordinary people to buy inexpensive Chinese electric vehicles. Those are terrible values, imo. To the extent possible, fossil energy deposits should stay in the ground and we should be aggressively switching to greener sources, greener businesses, greener homes, greener vehicles, etc.

Different reasons and different issues.

I think we're on the wrong track on a number of issues. I suspect you do too. But do we agree on those issues? And, maybe even more important, can we agree on how to address them?

Just to take one example that I care a lot about, Trump and the Rs want to drill more and roll back emission controls. Trump and Biden both want to make it hard for ordinary people to buy inexpensive Chinese electric vehicles. Those are terrible values, imo. To the extent possible, fossil energy deposits should stay in the ground and we should be aggressively switching to greener sources, greener businesses, greener homes, greener vehicles, etc.
Let the free market determine when that happens. We don't have the infrastructure to go all in right now. How would green vehicles and homes gotten along during the last two storms? It wasn't electric vehicles and equipment clearing roads and debris.

Libs have to stop being afraid to answer questions like this.
Agreed. Which is the entire point of KH's refusal/inability to actually answer questions when she is asked. She avoided answering this question, but that was obvious and in turn actually provides the answer to anyone except peewee.
I'm not in favor of making special provisions to pay for those sorts of treatments. BUT, I do approve of providing top notch medical care for all in our jurisdiction who need it. So if those treatments are covered by existing provisions, I have no problem with them.
Again. Agreed. It would also explain why it may have happened under the Trump Admin, not that he is in favor of or supports it. Because (to use one of KH's new favorite stock answers), they followed the law. Of course, that doesn't address the issue of what the law or policy should be which is the actual question. The bigger issue though is your crafty use of "top notch medical care" and the argument that such a term includes physical, cosmetic sex organ changes. I would say that "top notch" is not required versus "adequate". It's prison. However, there is still a large debate as to whether one can actually change their sex regardless of what they physically do to their appearances. It's prison. There is simply no need to "treat" or pay for this while in the care and custody of the government anymore than the need to give them a Ruth's Chris steak every other Friday. I could care less what an adult wants to do with or to themselves on their own freewill and at their own expense, but there is no good argument that everyone else has to pay for it.
Since I answered your question, maybe you'll answer one for me on this same topic.

Is this issue really important enough to be a big focus in a presidential election? Immigration, sure. Climate change, sure. Inflation, sure. Ukraine, sure. The expanding war in the Middle East, sure. But transgender surgeries for a tiny number of people? Seriously?

I just don't care. Why do you?
You are not wrong here in terms of the general premise that we should be focusing on the bigger issues. The problem is that we don't get to have things both ways. For example, you don't get to say that we shouldn't discuss the incredibly small issue of funding surgeries for a 1000 people across the country while talking out the other side of your mouth and insisting that another 1000 people is a large enough problem that we insist that it's just dandy for them to play in women's sports or give presentations in government sponsored institutions to kids. Is it an issue or isn't it? Any given issue is either too small to merit a discussion and not be discussed on everything or, they are big enough to address and discuss on everything. Trying to have it both ways is the problem. But this highlights part of the problem with the D party's sprint to the far left where they cater and bow to so many groups regardless of the actual size of the issue and its true impact on the rest of the country.

It also highlights the issue of how one thinks about their role in governance. Addressing those that scream the loudest is almost never the same as addressing the issues that actually impact most of us.

Trump and Biden both want to make it hard for ordinary people to buy inexpensive Chinese electric vehicles. Those are terrible values, imo.
Why? I get the idea that you detest the notion of fossil fuels and the internal combustion engine on a base level, but beyond the fantastical notion that we can change this way of life by ourselves without the rest of the world coming along, how do you think this is even remotely possible to achieve without completely eliminating our country as we know it? This is so impractical from a real world perspective. We don't live on a classroom blackboard. We don't even have a grid that could support this.
To the extent possible, fossil energy deposits should stay in the ground and we should be aggressively switching to greener sources, greener businesses, greener homes, greener vehicles, etc.
The word "green" is a great thing to throw around, but unless you are advocating an incredible expansion of nuclear energy, what on earth are you talking about? The technology is just not there yet to create or store energy at the levels needed. And you think the cost of energy has been bad recently? You ain't seen nothing yet.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT