ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Rapist Gramps. Felon Gramp. Racist Gramps. Dementia Gramps. Pedo Gramps

Regardless, he's still the same tired old fool running to stay out of prison for the rest of his life.

No one cares, Junior.

He’s gonna be President again. And I’m salivating over the idea of watching you cry like the bitch you are about it. Have a good weekend rage poasting. I’ll see you Monday.

He is old.... but he's not as old (and obviously not incoherent) as trump.
lol keep flailing away dude, you have all but won us over. No really, your flailing is so convincing. Who can resist? Just a few more flails should do it.

montyp-flail.gif

fdd66b38ef5f505b91af4d65a0e11ad6.gif

PUSdxaA.gif

Do you not understand his joke?

Unfortunately, at the time John Oliver couldn't have imagined that there were so many truly stupid and mentally ill people in the United States who would take that moron seriously. He thought the country would have a collective laugh together at the expense trump.
hey, thanks, Captain Obvious. Your ability to discern the completely apparent is nothing short of amazing.

Without your insight, one might think I was making a joke myself, a joke about a joke backfiring.

Idiot.

Patton Oswalt was on Kimmel, I think, recently, and made a great observation.

Queued to the comment:

hey, that's probably true. We'll probably end up electing yet another republican to clean up the mess created in the previous eight years who gets unjustifiably maligned and persecuted for his crime of running a country as it should be run.

Hey peewee, if you can tear yourself away from her website and X feed long enough, here's some other perspective on how the Fox interview went.

Reactions: bluetoe
Like I argued with bluetoe... in NO OTHER election process is it needed or used or even considered. Governors, mayors, sheriffs, any executive office. Republicans still manage to win those elections despite the "unfairness of urban voting populations" or tyranny of the majority. They'll have to adapt and reform their presidential platform, that's all.

And, eventually, they will find away around it.
"Popularity" one way or the other doesn't equate to something being a good or bad idea. Perhaps something like the EC should be considered in other situations. Any entrenched power structure isn't about to let their skin in the game get changed (surely there are better ways to assess and collect taxes, but don't kid yourself for a second to think the IRS is getting modified).

It's anecdotal, but MD is a good example. You win the populace of five counties around DC/Balto and Balto City, well, the race for governor is over. They "rule" the entirety of the state. The other 18 counties literally do not matter. As a result, since 1959, the R gov's have been Spiro Agnew for 2 years before becoming VP, Bob Ehrlich for 4 years, and Larry Hogan for 8. That's 14 years R versus 50 years of D's. It's only happened when the D's ran the worst candidate imaginable and even with Hogan, he got re-elected because he was smart enough to be anti-orange in an area that's deeply blue. The central area of MD is far, far different from the western portion and the eastern shore/southern MD areas. If there wasn't a geographic blob stuck in the middle, I feel certain that those unrepresented areas would have tried to form a new state eons ago.

But like I said before, all good.

"Popularity" one way or the other doesn't equate to something being a good or bad idea. Perhaps something like the EC should be considered in other situations. Any entrenched power structure isn't about to let their skin in the game get changed (surely there are better ways to assess and collect taxes, but don't kid yourself for a second to think the IRS is getting modified).

It's anecdotal, but MD is a good example. You win the populace of five counties around DC/Balto and Balto City, well, the race for governor is over. They "rule" the entirety of the state. The other 18 counties literally do not matter. As a result, since 1959, the R gov's have been Spiro Agnew for 2 years before becoming VP, Bob Ehrlich for 4 years, and Larry Hogan for 8. That's 14 years R versus 50 years of D's. It's only happened when the D's ran the worst candidate imaginable and even with Hogan, he got re-elected because he was smart enough to be anti-orange in an area that's deeply blue. The central area of MD is far, far different from the western portion and the eastern shore/southern MD areas. If there wasn't a geographic blob stuck in the middle, I feel certain that those unrepresented areas would have tried to form a new state eons ago.

But like I said before, all good.
Do you know your electors really well? You trust their judgment and competence?

Do you know your electors really well? You trust their judgment and competence?
To answer your direct questions, I have actually known a couple of the electors over the years, but that didn't matter one way or the other. MD's system has them pledging to candidates initially and, once the election is held, they must, by law, cast their vote to whomever receives a plurality of the votes regardless of their support for any given pres/vp candidate. Here, that means the D candidates get 10 electoral college votes. Thus, it is irrelevant whether I trusted any given elector's judgment and competence. Each state is different and able to set up their own system for their electors.

But your questions focus on a different set of issues.

For the last four years, a network of right-wing activists and Trump allies, like Clements, has crisscrossed the country and held thousands of organizing meetings in order to create an army of tens of thousands of community activists to collect proof of alleged fraud for lawsuits or to pressure local election officials to not certify the election. In many places, their efforts have already begun with lawsuits and a flood of information requests.

The training for local activists − held at churches, libraries and civic organizations − largely relies on baseless claims and conspiracy theories that have been debunked in the courts, by fact checkers and independent experts, or by nonpartisan audits.

I saw some clips on Kimmel of Bill Clinton in Columbus, GA. I found a local news video of the whole speech. That dude has gotten OLD! He is looking like Jimmy Carter! His left hand has a noticeable tremor/shake. I think this is his last roundup!

That was great.

He's had that tremor for years. Not good but not an indication of sudden decline.

I wish he'd been a better president (did too little and was too "Republican" for my tastes), but he's still one the smartest and most likeable presidents in my lifetime.

Hey peewee, if you can tear yourself away from her website and X feed long enough, here's some other perspective on how the Fox interview went.

Megyn Kelly is one of the few talking heads that I catch frequently. She always has a good take on things. I didn't see the Fox interview, but I'll watch Megyn and trust that she saw it the way I would have seen it.

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
That was great.

He's had that tremor for years. Not good but not an indication of sudden decline.

I wish he'd been a better president (did too little and was too "Republican" for my tastes), but he's still one the smartest and most likeable presidents in my lifetime.
yeah he was great...he almost led us to financial ruin if that's what you call great. He stuck a cigar in a young woman's hoohaw in the oval office if that's what you call great. I could go on and on...and on.

But he is a model for demonstrating the herd behavior of democrats. If he could run again, he would, and dems would vote for him in record numbers of followers ready to hang on his every word. Like the truly great speech he gave warning about the danger of our border being invaded by people who don't belong here. He went out of his way to make it clear that the border needed to be made secure and those people kept out. And the dems said 'you damn right'. And if he was president again voicing the same warning, the dems would say 'you damn right'. But if another outfit was in charge in the meantime and they just flung open the border and HELPED the illegals pour in. the dams would say 'you damn right'. Translation in either case; baaaaa, baaaaa..

Megyn Kelly is one of the few talking heads that I catch frequently. She always has a good take on things. I didn't see the Fox interview, but I'll watch Megyn and trust that she saw it the way I would have seen it.
Well, she's very easy to watch in my opinion. But, as to content, many here will dismiss her as she is a former employee of Fox. That would be very narrow minded as there are reasons it is former and she is, of course, the one who actually challenged his orangeness on the issues, including women.

The interview was one big filibuster to cook the clock. Her team wanted time to run out and were perfectly happy for the score to be tied so it was ground and pound the entire time. She showed up late and they had four different people telling Baier to end the interview at the end. She literally spent the entire time answering no actual questions and only responded with canned phrases or attacked Trump. When Baier attempted to redirect her to ask for an actual answer to the question he had asked, she had canned indignation about him interrupting her while she was answering. It was a big, fat nothingburger of an interview other than yet another demonstration of her refusal or inability to actually address policy and the issues of the last four years.

It only happened so that people like peewee and blaze could parrot that she had done an "interview" on Fox - like that's some monumental hurdle or something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT