ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

At this point, I'm starting to think Trump is trying to get thrown out of office. Is there not one single person around him that will tell him to shut the **** up? He's digging his own grave.
It's the best way to go out, seriously. If he goes this way, it's ALL ABOUT HIM! No election to lose, this way! And, he went out swinging! He set a new precedent.

How long until the Trump camp starts trying to publicly out the identity of the whistleblower?

The official transcript was put on a secured system reserved for national security matters only. There is another, non classified system, that these transcripts would normally go on. Apparently whoever loads this stuff on the systems was told to remove it from the appropriate system and enter it on to the secured system. It's alleged that this has happened with other calls as well. It's pretty black and white if you would actually read up on what was happening.
I believe the precedent regarding secret servers was established 3 years ago. Elected/appointed officials are not subject to scrutiny from the congress regarding the handling of classified/to be classified/not classified, but considering it information.

I believe the precedent regarding secret servers was established 3 years ago. Elected/appointed officials are not subject to scrutiny from the congress regarding the handling of classified/to be classified/not classified, but considering it information.
You're confusing the issues. Emails aren't the same as transcripts from calls to heads of state. This transcript was put on a system that is reserved for information such as ongoing secretive military operations. It's a completely different situation than Clinton. Listen, the info is out there. If you want to ignore it or scream "but Clinton" that's your right. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

You're confusing the issues. Emails aren't the same as transcripts from calls to heads of state. This transcript was put on a system that is reserved for information such as ongoing secretive military operations. It's a completely different situation than Clinton. Listen, the info is out there. If you want to ignore it or scream "but Clinton" that's your right. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

It's a fairly common Trump defense from his base. "Well, if you think what Trump did is bad, let me tell you about Obama/Hillary/Bill..."

Oh, there are a LOT of people who will take it seriously. Trump has a huge base!

It's a fairly common Trump defense from his base. "Well, if you think what Trump did is bad, let me tell you about Obama/Hillary/Bill..."
True, but the same thing happens on the other side. You couldn't say anything bad about Obama when he was in office without hearIng, but it was Bush's fault. Both side just need to sack up and take responsibility for their own **** ups.

I’m not screaming, and I never said anything about Clinton, and like I said before if you want to base your opinions on fairy tales invented by CNN then go right ahead.

I’m not screaming, and I never said anything about Clinton, and like I said before if you want to base your opinions on fairy tales invented by CNN then go right ahead.

I based mine on reading the whistleblower transcript, as I actually think most informed people are doing today. This isn't fake news.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I based mine on reading the whistleblower transcript, as I actually think most informed people are doing today. This isn't fake news.
You can also read the transcript Trump released that backs up part of the whistle blower's report. Maybe Trump will just say the transcript he personally released was fake news.

He can’t be a whistleblower if he didn’t hear the conversation, for starters. The entire complaint is based on hearsay. You people are batshit f&@king crazy.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
It was Harding's fault, okay? There!
source.gif

I mean, if you trust the intelligence community, then I could see that you would. I don't trust them...at all. A partisan person who heard a 3rd party discussion? There's nothing to go on there.

He can’t be a whistleblower if he didn’t hear the conversation, for starters. The entire complaint is based on hearsay. You people are batshit f&@king crazy.
Well, if it's all BS and hearsay... then, why is Donald speaking and acting as if he's been caught, and whoever ratted deserves to be treated as a traitor?

Well, if it's all BS and hearsay... then, why is Donald speaking and acting as if he's been caught, and whoever ratted deserves to be treated as a traitor?
I'm still trying to figure out why Trump released that fake transcript. Then you have three Trump appointees lying about the complaint being credible. Everyone is out to get the man. Except for Rudy. That man is doing the Lord's work.

Yep, everyone is wrong and Trump is right.

If you're trying to get hired by him you're doing it right, kudos.

Exactly. Trump has basically admitted that it's true by being pissed about the people that leaked it.

And, frankly, I don't care about what he did at all. They are all compelled to fvck each other over at all costs. I'm sorta let-down that it was Biden that he took such a risk on undermining. Biden is such a weak candidate, in my view.

I'm still trying to figure out why Trump released that fake transcript. Then you have three Trump appointees lying about the complaint being credible. Everyone is out to get the man. Except for Rudy. That man is doing the Lord's work.
By @tarheel0910 standards I could say I overheard a Pelosi staffer talking about her doing the spastic eagle with a few N Korean military officials and congress should be compelled to do an investigation.

By @tarheel0910 standards I could say I overheard a Pelosi staffer talking about her doing the spastic eagle with a few N Korean military officials and congress should be compelled to do an investigation.
Answer this for me. Why does the transcript that Trump released back up portions of the whistle blower report? Did Trump release a fake transcript?

Answer this for me. Why does the transcript that Trump released back up portions of the whistle blower report? Did Trump release a fake transcript?
Those conversation take place b/w heads of state all time. It would be logical and probable that T would ask that head of state to look into a crime committed by an official of the previous administration.

Those conversation take place b/w heads of state all time. It would be logical and probable that T would ask that head of state to look into a crime committed by an official of the previous administration.
You can't have it both ways. The transcript can't be real and the report completely fake at the same time. They say the same thing.

Wait, I thought the convo didn't happen and the whistleblower was BS?

What's your story on this one so we can be consistent?

You can't have it both ways. The transcript can't be real and the report completely fake at the same time. They say the same thing.
I have no doubt that the conversation took place and the complaint is fairly close to accurate. This boils down to a complaint of a non crime and the unlawful disclosure of a classified conversation. If you want to play the game of it was saved to the wrong server and the Chief Executive should be impeached over that, then game on.

The fact that Trump supporters are cool with our President using the Ukraine to try to dig up dirt on another American is actually sad.

Aren't we supposed to be on the same side?

The fact that Trump supporters are cool with our President using the Ukraine to try to dig up dirt on another American is actually sad.

Trump supporters don’t need for the president to ‘dig up’ anything on another American. The other American has already admitted to a crime. It’s out there on audio, video and recorded in the public record.

No because the democrats are a bunch of commies that want to kill America.

I have no doubt that the conversation took place and the complaint is fairly close to accurate. This boils down to a complaint of a non crime and the unlawful disclosure of a classified conversation. If you want to play the game of it was saved to the wrong server and the Chief Executive should be impeached over that, then game on.
Ugh. You still don't understand what happened. The current problem is the cover up not the conversation itself. That's a separate issue. It was purposely entered into the wrong system to cover up what Trump's team consider to be inappropriate. And there was no unlawful disclosure. The whistle blower followed the law. The cover up, plus all of the additional things that he has done and said is why people are calling for impeachment. It's not one single thing. People would take you more serious if you just admitted you hate the dems and are ok with Trump doing whatever he wants to defeat them.

Ugh. You still don't understand what happened. The current problem is the cover up not the conversation itself. That's a separate issue. It was purposely entered into the wrong system to cover up what Trump's team consider to be inappropriate. And there was no unlawful disclosure. The whistle blower followed the law. The cover up, plus all of the additional things that he has done and said is why people are calling for impeachment. It's not one single thing. People would take you more serious if you just admitted you hate the dems and are ok with Trump doing whatever he wants to defeat them.
Do we now have definitive proof that it was purposely placed onto the wrong system and who on T’s team considered it to be inappropriate? Second part of your question: yes I do hate the D’s, but I also hate most of the R’s as well.

Do we now have definitive proof that it was purposely placed onto the wrong system and who on T’s team considered it to be inappropriate? Second part of your question: yes I do hate the D’s, but I also hate most of the R’s as well.
Nope. What happened was the transcript was accidentally left out. The maid found it while she was cleaning and assumed it was really important. She felt it was her duty as an American to break into a highly secured system and entered the information. Trump and his team didn't even know it happened until today. They thought it was still on his desk. Trump did make the mistake of hiring the made though. She was an Obama voter. A trump voter would have handled everything correctly. That make you feel better?

Nope. What happened was the transcript was accidentally left out. The maid found it while she was cleaning and assumed it was really important. She felt it was her duty as an American to break into a highly secured system and entered the information. Trump and his team didn't even know it happened until today. They thought it was still on his desk. Trump did make the mistake of hiring the made though. She was an Obama voter. A trump voter would have handled everything correctly. That make you feel better?
Yes, I feel better. Thanks for clearing that up.

Two privileged individuals talking about the middle class, why they aren't evil, and the madness of a Trump presidency. I'll tell you this. You'll never look at Tucker Carlson the same way again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT