ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Whenever I see, or hear, Jeep Cherokee (or Grand Cherokee), I can honestly say, I have never associated it with the tribe. I was specifically looking for a a Cherokee, Sport, or Grand Cherokee, with the inline-6 engine, a few years back. But, I literally have never associated the tribe to the car. Jeep never used any kind of imagery that was associated with Native American tribes, that I'm aware.

The USA may, one day, have to change the name of 51% of its state names, especially Oklahoma. But, I will plead the case for Wisconsin to stay the same. Wisconsin is from the word “Wishkonsing” meaning “place of the beaver.”

The Chrysler/Jeep Andrew Jackson SUV

Last edited:
Whenever I see, or hear, Jeep Cherokee (or Grand Cherokee), I can honestly say, I have never associated it with the tribe. I was specifically looking for a a Cherokee, Sport, or Grand Cherokee, with the inline-6 engine, a few years back. But, I literally have never associated the tribe to the car. Jeep never used any kind of imagery that was associated with Native American tribes, that I'm aware.

The USA may, one day, have to change the name of 51% of its state names, especially Oklahoma. But, I will plead the case for Wisconsin to stay the same. Wisconsin is from the word “Wishkonsing” meaning “place of the beaver.”

The Chrysler/Jeep Andrew Jackson SUV
Yeah, name it after an old white guy and slave owner, you ****ing racist.

Yeah, name it after an old white guy and slave owner, you ****ing racist.
Or, the Washington.

Noooo...

I'm gonna find (or make) a bumper sticker for mine that has an arrow pointing to "GRAND CHEROKEE" and just says "THIS IS OFFENSIVE, RIGHT?"

I don’t like them either, almost fukkin died in one
200.gif

The Grand Wagoneer was a much cooler model anyway. They should go back to that after they eventually wilt to hysterical public pressure.

I thought you were joking!

I have a GRAND Cherokee!!!
That's funny, a little. But if you saw a Kenya 'Kubwa', you'd be lighting fires and sacrificing goats to drive the racism out of it.
I don't think that works. When I hear the word wagoneer, I think wagon. You know when wagons were used? During slavery.
we appreciate the effort, but you aren't about to find racism in places that @strummingram hasn't already rooted out.

Reactions: chickenhunter
I almost bought a 1974 Matador a few years ago. 8 cylinder but the dude wanted way too much money for it. Green with the white accent stripe along the side.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Speaking of Eagles, the AMC Eagle was a dope concept - a 4WD station wagon with better ground clearance. I’d love to find a restored one of these.

21129792-1983-amc-eagle-thumb.jpg
That was my first car (not the one in the picture and not so jacked up.) It was a hand-me-down. Not exactly the cool thing for high school, but it did the job. I don't know when in the 1980s they stopped building them, but I saw quite a few of them driving around in Montana in the early 2000s. Must be where they all went to die.

That was my first car (not the one in the picture and not so jacked up.) It was a hand-me-down. Not exactly the cool thing for high school, but it did the job. I don't know when in the 1980s they stopped building them, but I saw quite a few of them driving around in Montana in the early 2000s. Must be where they all went to die.

I think the last year of the AMC Eagle was 1988. Yeah, I probably would have hated it in high school too. But kids are stupid and don't appreciate awesomeness.

They already have. It's coming out this or next year, but not as a replacement to the GC, as a larger, more expensive model.

Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Thanks for the link. I had no idea the Grand Wagoneer was back. That thing seems very top shelf.

I had a 1989 Grand Wagoneer for a few years. I loved it. The original SUV. I loved the rear window that went down and allowed for a tailgate. Very cool feature. Mine started having a bunch of issues and at the time, I just couldn't afford to keep fixing it. I paid $2000 for it, then dropped a brand new Jasper engine into it 15 months later. Over the next 12-18 months, I had power window motors go bad, gas tank went bad and it became too much for me. But I loved that damn thing while I had it.

I think the last year of the AMC Eagle was 1988. Yeah, I probably would have hated it in high school too. But kids are stupid and don't appreciate awesomeness.

Thanks for the link. I had no idea the Grand Wagoneer was back. That thing seems very top shelf.

I had a 1989 Grand Wagoneer for a few years. I loved it. The original SUV. I loved the rear window that went down and allowed for a tailgate. Very cool feature. Mine started having a bunch of issues and at the time, I just couldn't afford to keep fixing it. I paid $2000 for it, then dropped a brand new Jasper engine intot it 15 months later. Over the next 12-18 months, I had power window motors go bad, gas tank went bad and it became too much for me. But I loved that damn thing while I had it.

I actually liked the Eagle. Though I probably would have loved anything that took me places without pedaling. I remember suggesting my dad buy it to begin with after seeing a commercial that it out accelerated a Camaro. In dry sand. LoL.

There are several older guys in my area that still have Wagoneers. My father had one in the late 70s. It was a cool vehicle. Lot of good camping trips were made in it.

And I'm still waiting for Iron Maiden to be banned for all the satanism.

Illinois lawmaker seeks ban of Grand Theft Auto game following rise in carjackings

And I'm still waiting for Iron Maiden to be banned for all the satanism.

Illinois lawmaker seeks ban of Grand Theft Auto game following rise in carjackings

Do people still play GTA? I haven't heard that game mentioned in a long time.

I'm glad I don't sit around looking for something to be offended over. If I did I would probably never eat at Cracker Barrel again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT