ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I never thought about the "issues" with these books that is stated in the article when I read the books. Just like when I watched the Jeffersons I didn't think about an interracial couple being on the show. When I watched Sanford and Son I didn't think about it being black guys dealing in junk. When I watched the Dukes of Hazzard I didnt think about it being white folks with Confederate Flags. Maybe I am stupid or weird.. or maybe a combination of both.
Are you sure you watched The Jeffersons? The interacial couple was masterfully written into many of the jokes. You missed out.

Reactions: blazers
So when George used the terms "honky" or "zebra" I should have been triggered?
I don't know what you should or shouldn't have done. The jokes were funny to me. It was impossible for me to not recognize the interacial couple on the show. It sounds like you were lying in the previous comment. If you remember Zebra, then you did recognize the interacial couple.

I don't know what you should or shouldn't have done. The jokes were funny to me. It was impossible for me to not recognize the interacial couple on the show. It sounds like you were lying in the previous comment. If you remember Zebra, then you did recognize the interacial couple.

The point was I didn't think about them being interracial. I just viewed them as being two people on the show.

I know plenty of people discussing real problems, and none are aware that the root-cause is due to tranny issues in sports.

But hopefully congress will fix trany-sports immediately after fixing privately-owned NYTimes fixing cancel culture.

Your poasts are almost as indecipherable as the moronic @gteeitup's . I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make. Are you saying that looking the other way on mental disorders is how we should deal with this? What if we looked the other way on depression, substance abuse or multiple personality disorder? And I haven't even brought up how tranny sports are shitting on women. I look forward to the woke on woke battle of feminism and tranny-ism over the next few years.

Or are you saying that we should look the other way because it's only a small handful of women who are getting shit on?

Please explain.

The world is too busy solving cancel culture and tranny sports to deal with matter that you can't find anything better than Hogan's heroes to watch, but maybe start here - https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/netflix-finds.74532/

Again, you avoid any commentary on the actual issue and instead you fail in an attempt to be clever or humorous (I'm going to assume you were trying).

Answer the following questions and spare me the absurd accompanying commentary. Just "yes" or "no" will do.

1 - Do you believe biological men have physical advantages over biological women?
2 - Do you believe biological men, if found to have physical advantages over biological women, should be able to compete against women?
3 - Do you believe we should treat mental illnesses?

Reactions: uncfootball-
Well I was 10-12 years old at the time. I just watched the show along with the others I mentioned because they were funny.
It would seem difficult to laugh-- experience something as being "funny"-- when you have no idea of the context or premise of the joke being told or portrayed. Norman Lear wasn't your bag at age 10, I guess. I doubt he was high on the viewing list of many 10-year-olds. I was watching Looney Tunes, not Monty Python, at age 10.

It would seem difficult to laugh-- experience something as being "funny"-- when you have no idea of the context or premise of the joke being told or portrayed. Norman Lear wasn't your bag at age 10, I guess. I doubt he was high on the viewing list of many 10-year-olds. I was watching Looney Tunes, not Monty Python, at age 10.

So you want to be in charge of what I considered funny? You don't like what I was watching? I don't follow your line of thinking.

Then you were a kid that other kids probably made fun of. It looks as not much has changed for you in the last 40 years.

That's largely a problem with kids today. They're so catered to in even their TV viewing. We didn't have many kids' shows when I was young. You had to watch whatever was on one of the 13 channels. Often times, it was not material that would be viewed as suitable for kids these days. But it's just the opposite. We grew up and matured much faster in those days because we watched that kind of stuff. Like everyone else, we used to rent VHS tapes growing up. I remember when the movie Romancing The Stone came out on video and my family watched it together. I was 9 or 10 years old. There's nothing really inappropriate in that movie outside of one very innocent sex scene. But it has some adult content though. It's not geared toward children. And we're better off having grown up watching that stuff versus "made for children" TV.

As for the Jeffersons, I was a loyal follower of the show. Didn't miss an episode. Of course anyone that watched knew that Tom Willis was white and Helen was black. I think the point that @uncfootball- was making was that the interracial marriage on the show was nothing but a small sidebar to the show - certainly nothing to focus on. That's all. I'm not sure why you're picking a hole in his comment and trying to make it more than it is.

Reactions: uncfootball-
To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street is one of my faves. Not sure why it would be cancelled. But then again, no rationale is needed these days
Well, the good thing about living in the south is they still think most of this crap is stupid. My kids are still celebrating this week without being told they are racist.

Then you were a kid that other kids probably made fun of. It looks as not much has changed for you in the last 40 years.

That's largely a problem with kids today. They're so catered to in even their TV viewing. We didn't have many kids' shows when I was young. You had to watch whatever was on one of the 13 channels. Often times, it was not material that would be viewed as suitable for kids these days. But it's just the opposite. We grew up and matured much faster in those days because we watched that kind of stuff. Like everyone else, we used to rent VHS tapes growing up. I remember when the movie Romancing The Stone came out on video and my family watched it together. I was 9 or 10 years old. There's nothing really inappropriate in that movie outside of one very innocent sex scene. But it has some adult content though. It's not geared toward children. And we're better off having grown up watching that stuff versus "made for children" TV.

As for the Jeffersons, I was a loyal follower of the show. Didn't miss an episode. Of course anyone that watched knew that Tom Willis was white and Helen was black. I think the point that @uncfootball- was making was that the interracial marriage on the show was nothing but a small sidebar to the show - certainly nothing to focus on. That's all. I'm not sure why you're picking a hole in his comment and trying to make it more than it is.
What?

Well... I know you don't think. That's sort of been the problem all along.

I will try to break this down in simple terms for you to understand. When George said "honky" or "zebra" I didn't associate it with being racist terms. He could have called him a gooberhead or chicken legs and probably (because I cant go back in time and have them change the show) would have been just as funny to me.

Last part:

You're going after @uncfootball- in this most recent discussion in this thread for no other reason than to just be an ass. You picked at his innocent comment and you're trying to make more out of it than is really there. I'm not sure why other than you seeing an opportunity to continue this faux, wise, woke persona where you feel you can talk down to people.

How many times in your life have you been punched in the mouth? Trying to figure out if you try to front like this in real life. I'm betting not.

Didn't watch the video. I'm assuming it's something portraying the south as a bunch of racist. Getting rid of these books is dumb for multiple reasons. Not only is it looking for a problem where one doesn't exist, it's also the government censoring speech.
Yes and no. It's pretty troubling, however. Nothing about books is mentioned.

Last part:

You're going after @uncfootball- in this most recent discussion in this thread for no other reason than to just be an ass. You picked at his innocent comment and you're trying to make more out of it than is really there. I'm not sure why other than you seeing an opportunity to continue this faux, wise, woke persona where you feel you can talk down to people.

How many times in your life have you been punched in the mouth? Trying to figure out if you try to front like this in real life. I'm betting not.
Dude, you obsess over me WAY too much.

I will try to break this down in simple terms for you to understand. When George said "honky" or "zebra" I didn't associate it with being racist terms. He could have called him a gooberhead or chicken legs and probably (because I cant go back in time and have them change the show) would have been just as funny to me.
Right... that's a great story. It's a shame that the writers weren't aware how easily you could be made to laugh. Maybe the majority of viewers were a little more... I don't know... harder to crack, from a comedic perspective. Not to mention, I think they were trying to expose some of the racist elements of society and mock it. I do sort of agree that you can make any word an "offensive word" if you use it with ill intent. If that's what you're trying to say. You don't follow me, so I don't know why you keep trying to follow me.

If it totally escaped you that Tom and Helen were an interracial couple in the mid-70s:
Just like when I watched the Jeffersons I didn't think about an interracial couple being on the show.
What did you think about? The premise of the jokes were literally about their interracial marriage and how society shunned it, especially at that time.

Again, you avoid any commentary on the actual issue and instead you fail in an attempt to be clever or humorous (I'm going to assume you were trying).

Answer the following questions and spare me the absurd accompanying commentary. Just "yes" or "no" will do.

1 - Do you believe biological men have physical advantages over biological women?
2 - Do you believe biological men, if found to have physical advantages over biological women, should be able to compete against women?
3 - Do you believe we should treat mental illnesses?
1. Y
2. N
3. Y

Bonus Q&A:
4. As a nation, should we give a shit? No, isn't worth commentary. It's great message board fodder, along with whether or not Wheezy Jefferson should've said the N word. But America and the world have much greater problems to deal with that questions surrounding trannies in sports. Same with "cancel culture" as described by Jim Jordan.

I never would have thought that watching the Jeffersons as a 10 year old in the early 80's would upset someone in the year 2021.

1. Y
2. N
3. Y

Bonus Q&A:
4. As a nation, should we give a shit? No, isn't worth commentary. It's great message board fodder, along with whether or not Wheezy Jefferson should've said the N word. But America and the world have much greater problems to deal with that questions surrounding trannies in sports. Same with "cancel culture" as described by Jim Jordan.

Those other issues are deemed "more important" by whom? You? lol

I look forward to the woke on woke battle of feminism and tranny-ism over the next few years.
I love good woke on woke battles. Sometimes the issues going at it are too far apart on the Woke Power Rankings (WPR) that it just ends up as an absolute shit kicking. But I think those two are close enough in the WPR to make it an interesting tiff.

I love good woke on woke battles. Sometimes the issues going at it are too far apart on the Woke Power Rankings (WPR) that it just ends up as an absolute shit kicking. But I think those two are close enough in the WPR to make it an interesting tiff.
I think we're all asking ourselves the same question. What's the betting lines?

I need to see the updated victimization rankings.
Official 2021 rankings are still being tabulated, but early indications are that Native Americans have rocketed up the board compared to the 2020 rankings after having successfully gotten an NFL team to change their name to accommodate them. Meanwhile, the elderly are plummeting in the rankings after Andrew Cuomo threw them all to the wolves in the Nursing Home Scandal that's just getting swept under the rug and not garnering outrage. Score one for the Agists out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT