ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I don't care either way about the logo, didn't know it was about an actual player till I read the article. I just wonder if there would be any backlash if someone made the comment "white men built this"

Does Thune not know what inflation is? Or does Thune understand inflation but he's hoping repub voters do not?

$6 in 1978 is now equiv $24

Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole is pretty good. But they don’t have sausage gravy. Htf can you claim to be a country kitchen and not have sausage gravy? They have white gravy which is lame af.

I get both sides of the minimum wage debate. As a business owner I believe I should be able to offer a wage and if people don’t want it then go find another job. At the same time unfortunately there are those unscrupulous elements who would take advantage. But smart businesses will find a way to adapt just as they did with the mandatory healthcare regulations.

I get both sides of the minimum wage debate. As a business owner I believe I should be able to offer a wage and if people don’t want it then go find another job. At the same time unfortunately there are those unscrupulous elements who would take advantage. But smart businesses will find a way to adapt just as they did with the mandatory healthcare regulations.
Sen Josh Hawley had an interesting idea that was a temporary measure to help folks in poverty. For 3 yrs the government would add a few bucks on top of the pre-existing minimum wage rather than making businesses pay for some increase. Might've been thru a tax credit though.

It isn't a min wage increase, but it helps the people who are in poverty partly due to min wage being so low. The taxpayer is covering it, so some tax revenue has to be found elsewhere I presume, but it seems like food for thought.

I don't understand this. Can you explain?
That’s been a while since I took my Econ courses but it goes something like this. With no minimum wage during times of unemployment businesses will drive wages down as demand for jobs rise. As the wage goes lower people are forced to work for less than they can live on. This creates A need for more welfare and more subsidies and higher taxes which in turn drives up inflation which in turn makes it even harder for these people to make a living Creating more demand for welfare and for subsidies and higher taxes....

That’s been a while since I took my Econ courses but it goes something like this. With no minimum wage during times of unemployment businesses will drive wages down as demand for jobs rise. As the wage goes lower people are forced to work for less than they can live on. This creates A need for more welfare and more subsidies and higher taxes which in turn drives up inflation which in turn makes it even harder for these people to make a living Creating more demand for welfare and for subsidies and higher taxes....

There is a happy medium with minimum wage...but good luck getting either side to find it.

There's one thing I've been curious about with respect to the proposed minimum wage increase. Say i have a manufacturing business where the entry level positions make $10/hour, the next level is $15, and then there is a $20/hour, all based on skill level and or level of authority/responsibility. If the minimum wage became $15/hour, to maintain those "pay grades," I'll have to move the $15/hour to $20 and the $20/hour to $25. It's not just raising the minimum wage, it's raising all wages.

From the employee side, if I was one of the (pre-increase) $15/hour employees and had more responsibility and skill than the $10/hours, I'd be a bit put off if we were suddenly making the same amount.

I've not followed the situation closely (our lowest position is $18/hour right now,) but has this been addressed anywhere?

There's one thing I've been curious about with respect to the proposed minimum wage increase. Say i have a manufacturing business where the entry level positions make $10/hour, the next level is $15, and then there is a $20/hour, all based on skill level and or level of authority/responsibility. If the minimum wage became $15/hour, to maintain those "pay grades," I'll have to move the $15/hour to $20 and the $20/hour to $25. It's not just raising the minimum wage, it's raising all wages.

From the employee side, if I was one of the (pre-increase) $15/hour employees and had more responsibility and skill than the $10/hours, I'd be a bit put off if we were suddenly making the same amount.

I've not followed the situation closely (our lowest position is $18/hour right now,) but has this been addressed anywhere?

Well it would be up to you to figure that out and try to keep your employees happy. Part of the sticker shock about this is that the minimum wage hasn’t been raised in so long that now it’s a huge leap. I’m no economist but if a minimum wage is indeed a legit need in order to protect the economy it makes sense that it should occasionally go up as a cost of living does. The fact that hasn’t for so long is part of the problem and creates situations like you describe.

Well it would be up to you to figure that out and try to keep your employees happy. Part of the sticker shock about this is that the minimum wage hasn’t been raised in so long that now it’s a huge leap. I’m no economist but if a minimum wage is indeed a legit need in order to protect the economy it makes sense that it should occasionally go up as a cost of living does. The fact that hasn’t for so long is part of the problem and creates situations like you describe.
But a massive change all at once is hard to absorb. I cannot afford to adjust my employees who are above the minimal wage. They make what they are worth. Im sure people will start demanding a raise accross the board

I say start low (ten bucks or 12), and then let cities/counties take it from there since ten bucks in bama is different than nyc.

But whatever they do, just tie it to CPI inflation so it adjusts automatically.

There is a happy medium with minimum wage...but good luck getting either side to find it.

and it got to $15 because why?

i’m selling a property now knowing full well my asking price is probably a little above market value...obviously there’s a reason for that.

Last edited:
and it got to $15 because why?

i’m selling a property now knowing for well my asking price is probably a little above market value...obviously there’s a reason for that.
Lots of states increased this yr, and NONE are as high as $15, so that's weird to me. DC is $15.

AZ, CA, OR, WA are all 12+. Northeast ten to low teens.

I think all of the southern states are still 7.25 except for Arkansas $11 and Florida $10.

Reactions: gteeitup
Very few adults actually make minimum wage, so it's kind of annoying when people bitch about how all these people are making $7.25. I understand it's just politics and they are just pretending to care, but they could at least be a little more honest.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I once had a minimum wage job. I didn't like not having much money. So I went and got another minimum wage job. I worked two separate jobs and found that both jobs together provided me enough money. Hey, wait a minute...has anyone thought about that?

I once had a minimum wage job. I didn't like not having much money. So I went and got another minimum wage job. I worked two separate jobs and found that both jobs together provided me enough money. Hey, wait a minute...has anyone thought about that?
I worked a couple of jobs and went to school. I worked at one of them just for the employee discount, though. It wasn't really for the money.

And I'm sure at some point you thought "this kinda sucks, I want to better myself so I don't have to do this and I can make more money just working one job."

Thus, you came out better because you weren't comfortable in your minimum wage job, which is what liberals are trying to make happen. Easiest way to demotivate people is to make them comfortable.

And I'm sure at some point you thought "this kinda sucks, I want to better myself so I don't have to do this and I can make more money just working one job."

Thus, you came out better because you weren't comfortable in your minimum wage job, which is what liberals are trying to make happen. Easiest way to demotivate people is to make them comfortable.

Someone get Ronald a jelly bean.

I worked at time out in Granville towers plaza. I spent my sat mornings filling appliance boxes with fried chicken for game day frat court parties. Fun times.

Time is better spent cancelling Dr. Seuss anyways

Luckily the legislators don't spend time cancelling Dr Seuss, the publishers themselves did it, so congress can focus on problems effecting all americans, like trannies in sports.

Last edited:

I've never heard of those specific Dr Seuss books. The titles sound like they are a store generic brand written by Mr Suss.

Promoting the idea that a person with a dick can be a girl because they say so is indeed effecting all Americans. That's why the number of people with this specific mental disorder has increased exponentially in the last 10 years.
I know plenty of people discussing real problems, and none are aware that the root-cause is due to tranny issues in sports.

But hopefully congress will fix trany-sports immediately after fixing privately-owned NYTimes fixing cancel culture.

I never thought about the "issues" with these books that is stated in the article when I read the books. Just like when I watched the Jeffersons I didn't think about an interracial couple being on the show. When I watched Sanford and Son I didn't think about it being black guys dealing in junk. When I watched the Dukes of Hazzard I didnt think about it being white folks with Confederate Flags. Maybe I am stupid or weird.. or maybe a combination of both.

I never thought about the "issues" with these books that is stated in the article when I read the books. Just like when I watched the Jeffersons I didn't think about an interracial couple being on the show. When I watched Sanford and Son I didn't think about it being black guys dealing in junk. When I watched the Dukes of Hazzard I didnt think about it being white folks with Confederate Flags. Maybe I am stupid or weird.. or maybe a combination of both.
Sounds like you are "color blind" in terms of not seeing race, and that's an impressive thing.

In case you are literally color blind, the colors in the general lee's heritage flag match those in the hate flag that you see at every white supremacy rally (and occasional capitol insurrections).

Sounds like you are "color blind" in terms of not seeing race, and that's an impressive thing.

In case you are literally color blind, the colors in the general lee's heritage flag match those in the hate flag that you see at every white supremacy rally (and occasional capitol insurrections).

So how should I feel about watching Hogan's Heroes? At the time I thought it was a funny show but I guess that is just not a cool thing to say these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT