ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Us arguing about whether congress wasting time via A vs B is comparable is an argument about a single topic. That's not deflection.

An example of deflection would be me now changing the topic to a new topic, like this: you clearly don't know what deflect means, there is something wrong with you.
once again, you're mischaracterizing what took place. You gave example A as a waste of Congress' time and I gave example B of the same, which you agreed I was right about. So far, both on point. and end of story; or it should have been. But THEN, you started comparing the two examples qualitatively, moving beyond the point being made merely about the examples being a waste of time. You had already agreed that my example was valid, but now you wanted to demonstrate that your example was more valid than mine....because you can never allow it to be seen that someone has checkmated you.

As I stated previously, deflecting doesn't require a change of topic, and especially not just because that definition suits your purpose here.. A deflection can be taking the point being made in a direction not intended by the point maker(s). It can be anything that draws the discussion away from that point and attention away from your comeuppance. That's what you do and that's what you did in this discussion.

You don't know who Jim Jordan is and yet you're asking blazers where he has been? It's pretty obvious where you have been . . . under a very dumb rock.
how smart do you think the rocks are that you come out from under?

It looks like "the shaman" has no defense at all. He might get the chair.

"I prevented someone from stealing muffins from the break room."
Classic!
LOL, the funny thing is, you screeching pussies make the theft of muffins a capital crime and then try to make light of someone who prevented said crime. Just like a libtard.

once again, you're mischaracterizing what took place. You gave example A as a waste of Congress' time and I gave example B of the same, which you agreed I was right about. So far, both on point. and end of story; or it should have been. But THEN, you started comparing the two examples qualitatively, moving beyond the point being made merely about the examples being a waste of time. You had already agreed that my example was valid, but now you wanted to demonstrate that your example was more valid than mine....because you can never allow it to be seen that someone has checkmated you.

As I stated previously, deflecting doesn't require a change of topic, and especially not just because that definition suits your purpose here.. A deflection can be taking the point being made in a direction not intended by the point maker(s). It can be anything that draws the discussion away from that point and attention away from your comeuppance. That's what you do and that's what you did in this discussion.
While learning what deflection means you should also lookup brevity and succinctness.

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
LOL, the funny thing is, you screeching pussies make the theft of muffins a capital crime and then try to make light of someone who prevented said crime. Just like a libtard.
That is some stupid hyperbole, bluetard. By the way, I hate muffins!

Here in America we spell "canceled" with only one "L." I assume you didn't major in English at Carolina.
wrong, penis-breath. While one 'l' is prevalent here, either one or two is completely acceptable. Try to let it penetrate your Neanderthal skull that the language in question is English. American English is just an inconsistent variant.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
That is some stupid hyperbole, bluetard. By the way, I hate muffins!
you're too stupid to understand that one way to make a point is to overemphasize it, particularly for the benefit of dullards like you who wouldn't get the point otherwise. Obviously, even that doesn't do the trick for the profoundly stupid.

American English is just an inconsistent variant.
This coming from a moron who is regularly too stupid to find the "shift" key or know when to properly use upper case.

It's a variant all the same, which was the point, numb nuts.

Last edited:
you're too stupid to understand that one way to make a point is to overemphasize it, particularly for the benefit of dullards like you who wouldn't get the point otherwise. Obviously, even that doesn't do the trick for the profoundly stupid.
I see you're still pissed off your boy Trump lost the election. 🤪

I see you're still pissed off your boy Trump lost the election. 🤪
Not pissed off, but admitttedly disappointed that we now have a dimwit demi-liberal spending machine in the WH. Also see that you're not getting any brighter.

This coming from a moron who is regularly too stupid to find the "shift" key or know when to properly use upper case.

It's a variant all the same, which was the point, numb nuts.
No, that isn't the point your dumb ass was trying to make. You were saying he was wrong to use two 'L' s . One 'l' isn't necessarily what we do, Ricky Retardo. We can spell it either way here and be correct.

Last edited:
Fixed it for you.
200.gif

No, that isn't the point your dumb ass was trying to make. You were saying he was wrong to use two 'L' s
For those with reading comprehension issues, what I actually wrote was, "Here in America we spell 'canceled' with only one 'L.'" Go back to school, chump.

Not pissed off, but admitttedly disappointed that we now have a dimwit demi-liberal spending machine in the WH. Also see that you're not getting any brighter.
Yeah... we will miss the fiscal responsibility of the Trump Administration!

• Sad
Reactions: Heels Noir
Yeah... we will miss the fiscal responsibility of the Trump Administration!

I know, right?

For those with reading comprehension issues, what I actually wrote was, "Here in America we spell 'canceled' with only one 'L.'" Go back to school, chump.
LOL and, you incredibly stupid POS, I rightly pointed out...for the third time now...that here in America we can spell it with one OR two 'L's and be correct. There is no one correct way to spell cancelling or canceled in America. There are two, and your dumb ass was wrong and you continue to be an idiot.

you're asking me if you're guessing? You are even more severely mentally challenged than I thought.
More like I'm guessing you're attracted to men as much as you like to talk about penises, but I'm asking the question to give you a chance to admit it to the board.

Dumbass.

You know, ol' blue, there's not many good things I or anyone else here is willing to say about you, but you do make for an outstanding punching bag.,

LOL and, you incredibl[e]

Blah, blah, blah. You should do something about your diarrhea, like shut the hell up.
LOL after you get your GED, maybe it will dawn on you that the word 'incredibly' is an adverb that, in my post, modifies the adjective 'stupid'. As in you are incredibly stupid. It isn't 'incredible' stupid, you uneducated dipshit. Talk about someone needing to shut up and stop humiliating himself...

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
More like I'm guessing you're attracted to men as much as you like to talk about penises, but I'm asking the question to give you a chance to admit it to the board.

Dumbass.
no, more like if you weren't semi-literate, you'd see that you were asking me if you were guessing. What a moron, LOL. You're just stupid and uneducated, and there's no denying it.

no, more like if you weren't semi-literate, you'd see that you were asking me if you were guessing. What a moron, LOL. You're just stupid and uneducated, and there's no denying it.
First of all, "semiliterate" is one word without a hyphen. Here , I'll use it in a sentence:
Bluetoe is such a semiliterate numbskull he always puts his pants on backwards.

And what are you talking about, GED, other than perhaps members of your inbred family? I earned my master's degree a few years ago when you were still struggling through grammar school. Who knows, I may earn another degree before you get out of grammar school.

First of all, "semiliterate" is one word without a hyphen. Here , I'll use it in a sentence:
Bluetoe is such a semiliterate numbskull he always puts his pants on backwards.

And what are you talking about, GED, other than perhaps members of your inbred family? I earned my master's degree a few years ago when you were still struggling through grammar school. Who knows, I may earn another degree before you get out of grammar school.
it can be either semiliterate or semi-literate. You just don't learn, do you, ignoramus? Master's degree? You're an embarrassment to higher education. You might acquire another degree or two of idiocy, but I don't think you have that much room to grow in that regard.

Dumbass.
he said, mentioning the word penis yet again. But this time he also mentioned being attracted to men, a Freudian slip he couldn't walk back in.

Also, he's not very bright.

he said, mentioning the word penis yet again. But this time he also mentioned being attracted to men, a Freudian slip he couldn't walk back in.
Talk about deflection. That's as much an admission of guilt as you slobbering on some dude's knob.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT