ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I am pleased. He has done more good in his first 50 days than Trump could manage in four years.

I voted. In person on election day. I also bought and wore a Biden-Harris button so no one would mistake me as a Trump humper.

What is something Biden has done in his first 50 days that you approve of.

What is something Biden has done in his first 50 days that you approve of.
Okay, ncstatefootball, this once I will oblige you and help you with your homework:

Tackling the pandemic head-on, in part by invoking the Defense Protection Act.
Reversing Trump's idiotic withdrawal from the Paris Agreement.
Reversing Trumps' racist travel ban.
Reversing Trump's bigoted and unjust immigration policy.
Halting construction on the border wall, which was a waste of money and resources.
Directs the Dept. of Education to develop a plan and guidance to reopen schools.

The long list continues. Is this enough or shall I continue?

Last edited:
Okay, ncstatefootball, this once I will oblige you and help you with your homework:

Tackling the pandemic head-on, in part by invoking the Defense Protection Act.
Reversing Trump's idiotic withdrawal from the Paris Agreement.
Reversing Trumps' racist travel ban.
Reversing Trump's bigoted and unjust immigration policy.
Halting construction on the border wall, which was a waste of money and resources.
Directs the Dept. of Education to develop a plan and guidance to reopen schools.

The long list continues. Is this enough or shall I continue?

Lets just start with the first one. What has Biden done to tackle the pandemic head on? Seems like Biden has just continued the plan Trump set in place.

Paris agreement.. sending money for no reason, great idea.

Biden agreed with the travel ban.

So you like the way the border is now flooded with covid positive illegals?

Had Trump "directed" Dept of Education to do anything he would have been called a dictator.

I approve of the president not tweeting something stoopid while golfing. Maybe he has just been too busy releasing his tax records though...
No worry about Biden playing golf.. heck it would be an accomplishment for him to walk around for 15 minutes.

We care enough about our country that we gathered in numbers unheard of and voted Trump's sorry butt out of office.
you cared so little about your country that you elected a buffoon politician who doesn't know shit from shinola, all because you stupidly bought into the hate.

Reactions: uncfootball-
You're assuming anyone left of center doesn't care about our country, which is your first fallacy. I've known many people, conservative and progressive, that care about this nation. You don't have a monopoly on Patriotism.

Second, Trump didn't directly tell those people to storm the capital, obviously. But without his promotion of election fraud and conspiracy it would have been much less likely. He gave them the wink and nudge whether he intended to or not. They likely would have harmed multiple Congressman had they been able to. They're not 'independent minded' they're criminals.

Third, and perhaps this is just you seeing what you want to see, but how anyone could watch Donald Trump and think the man cares about anything except his own image is baffling. He didn't run to oppose the Democrats or progressives, he ran because he saw an opportunity to exploit the fears/anger of a certain demographic in this country, some justified some not. Trump has changed parties and affiliations so many times, it really just boils down to who he thinks will show him the most love.
I have to disagree, and point out that you drank the kool-aid. You can be an egomaniac and still love your country, as does Trump. Or you can be an egomaniac and put yourself first, a la the Clintons. Biden is just a career politician who has had his eye on the prize his entire career, and that's all that he is about. Donald Trump, on the other hand, became a politician in order to affect certain changes. As I have pointed out here before, for example, he talked about knee-capping Chinese pilfering MANY years before he decided to run. Of course, according to you and othwer kool-aid drinkers, that was because he only cares about himself, Get a fvcking clue.

I am not enamored of Trump and I said he was a clown when he announced. But I soon realized that he was the only individual that would not give a shit about the political and social niceties, and get down to the nut-cutting like we have needed to do for a long time.

Not be trump. 50 days running now. Winning.

you gotta understand where the bar is. We’re coming off a presidency where the guy tried to steal an election and his followers stormed the capitol. Worst.... president....ever

His behavior after losing election was sound proof that A) he was not fit for office B) electing him was a terrible idea in the first place.

Lets just start with the first one. What has Biden done to tackle the pandemic head on? Seems like Biden has just continued the plan Trump set in place.
Let's just say he's not going around saying, "This virus will not have a chance against us. No nation is more prepared or more resilient than the United States" (Trump's actual quote from a year ago today) with absolutely no clue how to fight the coronavirus. At the very least Biden is being truthful with the public, whereas Trump seldom was.

The Trump virus is being eradicated by the Biden vaccine.

I'll let you figure out the rest.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
you cared so little about your country that you elected a buffoon politician who doesn't know shit from shinola, all because you stupidly bought into the hate.
Let me guess, you're standing in front of a mirror right now, eh?

Let's just say he's not going around saying, "This virus will not have a chance against us. No nation is more prepared or more resilient than the United States" (trump's quote from a year ago today) with absolutely no clue how to fight the coronavirus. At the very least Biden is being truthful with the public, whereas Trump seldom was.

The Trump virus is being eradicated by the Biden vaccine.

I'll let you figure out the rest.

Trump said plenty of times the virus was dangerous. You just say stuff that is just not true. I'm guess you are trolling.. no way you are that dumb.

I am pleased. He has done more good in his first 50 days than Trump could manage in four years.

I voted. In person on election day. I also bought and wore a Biden-Harris button so no one would mistake me as a Trump humper.
congrats. Why don't you get a button that says "I elected a child molester to be President" I guess we needed one and we sure as hell got one. I know you're proud.

Trump said plenty of times the virus was dangerous. You just say stuff that is just not true. I'm guess you are trolling.. no way you are that dumb.
ask any of these dweebs about the censored/deleted portion of Trump's 'march' dialogue where he clearly says he wants a PEACEFUL gathering, and listen to the crickets. They only care about hate because they have allowed themselves to become hysterical. They care nothing about the truth.

congrats. Why don't you get a button that says "I elected a child molester to be President" I guess we needed one and we sure as hell got one. I know you're proud.

Notice he avoided this part of my post.

Had Trump "directed" Dept of Education to do anything he would have been called a dictator.

Reactions: bluetoe
Notice he avoided this part of my post.

there are so many examples to choose from that define Biden, but one of my favorites is when Hunter got his mysteriously arranged gig and it became the subject of a lot of scrutiny and criticism; Ol' Joe jumps up like he's all outraged and says he'll put into place rules that will never allow such a thing to happen again. You know, as if it didn't involve him up to the neck and probably beyond, like it was somebody else that had shit the bed. And his bootlickers just kept on licking.

Let me guess, you're standing behind some bent over naked guy right now and he's giggling.
Like uncboy says, your repeated gay jokes are way too descriptive to not come from experience. You certainly sound like you know what you're talking about.

there are so many examples to choose from that define Biden, but one of my favorites is when Hunter got his mysteriously arranged gig and it became the subject of a lot of scrutiny and criticism; Ol' Joe jumps up like he's all outraged and says he'll put into place rules that will never allow such a thing to happen again. You know, as if it didn't involve him up to the neck and probably beyond, like it was somebody else that had shit the bed. And his bootlickers just kept on licking.

I'd like Noir Boy to explain this quote but all I got was "well Biden said the virus was bad"

-Tackling the pandemic head-on, in part by invoking the Defense Protection Act.

So you think Trump should have invoked the Defense Protection Act?
Trump did invoke the Defense Production Act, but a few days after doing it, he refused to implement it and then tweeted, “I only signed the Defense Production Act to combat the Chinese Virus should we need to invoke it in a worst case scenario in the future. Hopefully there will be no need.”

Meanwhile, hospitals kept running short on needed medical supplies and personnel protective equipment such as masks, shields, and gloves.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Your gay jokes are way too descriptive to not come from lived experience.
source.gif

Trump did invoke the Defense Production Act, but a few days after doing it, he refused to implement it and then tweeted, “I only signed the Defense Production Act to combat the Chinese Virus should we need to invoke it in a worst case scenario in the future. Hopefully there will be no need.”

Meanwhile, hospitals kept running short on needed medical supplies and personnel protective equipment such as masks, shields, and gloves.

Well you were acting like Biden invoking it was so great when Trump already did and used it for supplies.

Your gay jokes are way too descriptive to not come from lived experience.

Like uncboy says, your repeated gay jokes are way too descriptive to not come from experience. You certainly sound like you know what you're talking about.

Well to be honest, I can't be sure; but there's something about the way you and your butt buddies hang together and get all defensive when the subject is brought up that makes me wonder if you don't probably have that gay proclivity. NTTAWWT, of course. Relax, we accept your gayness. It's your idiocy I have a problem with.

That's just the thing, Trump invoked it but never implemented it to ensure necessary supplies for medical professionals. I.e., he never used it.

try again.

" Despite his early reluctance to employ the Defense Production Act to compel businesses to make supplies necessary for the COVID-19 response, Trump said in a March 27 press conference that he had invoked the act “to compel General Motors to accept, perform, and prioritize federal contracts for ventilators.”

Trump also tapped Peter Navarro, a White House trade adviser, to act as national Defense Production Act policy coordinator. At the press conference, Navarro explained that the Defense Production Act was employed to compel General Motors to make ventilators only after the federal government “ran into roadblocks” in its negotiations with GM over production. "

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trump-biden-and-the-defense-production-act/

I have to disagree, and point out that you drank the kool-aid. You can be an egomaniac and still love your country, as does Trump. Or you can be an egomaniac and put yourself first, a la the Clintons. Biden is just a career politician who has had his eye on the prize his entire career, and that's all that he is about. Donald Trump, on the other hand, became a politician in order to affect certain changes. As I have pointed out here before, for example, he talked about knee-capping Chinese pilfering MANY years before he decided to run. Of course, according to you and othwer kool-aid drinkers, that was because he only cares about himself, Get a fvcking clue.

I am not enamored of Trump and I said he was a clown when he announced. But I soon realized that he was the only individual that would not give a shit about the political and social niceties, and get down to the nut-cutting like we have needed to do for a long time.

If you are truly not enamored of Trump then why do you value his most negative attributes? Namely 'sticking it to the libs' which is all his wing of the GOP represents now. Not exactly a healthy political strategy.

You trash Biden all day long but career politicians are still preferable to self serving, corrupt narcissists who advocate for war crimes on national television.

But in the interest of being fair, here are a list of things I will grant Trump in terms of change. 1) Social media as a tool to speak to his supporters. Twitter changed the game whether we want to admit that or not or whether he was being truthful or not. 2) A broken clock is right twice a day and he was right about China, I'll give him that too. 3) Both administrations deserve credit for the increase in the vaccination rollout but the Trump administration lay the groundwork for Moderna and Pfizer to double and triple their outputs.

Other than that, nothing much else I can say that I liked or that he truly changed. He's an opportunistic shyster who had a reputation for screwing people over long before he became President. His teflon image is a brand not reality. You don't get to call yourself self made or successful when you go bankrupt multiple times and get a multimillion dollar start up loan from your father who did most of the work.

That you still believe, to this day, that Trump became President out of some sense of selflessness and duty (he got a bogus deferment from Vietnam by the way), is a testament to his greatest ability: bullshitting people.

Does anyone actually believe that Biden will make it 4 years? I'm not sure if he makes it 4 months. Here is the deal... Biden is a sitting duck. When the dems are really to pull the plug on Biden the media will turn on him so fast it will make your head spin and he is too weak to fight back. Their goal is to make Kamala President.. it will happen and I'm going to say fall of this year.

try again.

" Despite his early reluctance to employ the Defense Production Act to compel businesses to make supplies necessary for the COVID-19 response, Trump said in a March 27 press conference that he had invoked the act “to compel General Motors to accept, perform, and prioritize federal contracts for ventilators.”

Trump also tapped Peter Navarro, a White House trade adviser, to act as national Defense Production Act policy coordinator. At the press conference, Navarro explained that the Defense Production Act was employed to compel General Motors to make ventilators only after the federal government “ran into roadblocks” in its negotiations with GM over production. "

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trump-biden-and-the-defense-production-act/
Fake news. Trump's effort to play the hero only came after GM announced plans to team with startup company Ventec Life Systems to build additional ventilators at one of their plants in Indiana.

Face it, your boy Trump fumbled the ball when it counted most, arguably costing him the election. And now all you and your fellow Trumpanzees have to cling to is a lot of Trump merchandise, also known as junk.

If you are truly not enamored of Trump then why do you value his most negative attributes? Namely 'sticking it to the libs' which is all his wing of the GOP represents now. Not exactly a healthy political strategy.

You trash Biden all day long but career politicians are still preferable to self serving, corrupt narcissists who advocate for war crimes on national television.

But in the interest of being fair, here are a list of things I will grant Trump in terms of change. 1) Social media as a tool to speak to his supporters. Twitter changed the game whether we want to admit that or not or whether he was being truthful or not. 2) A broken clock is right twice a day and he was right about China, I'll give him that too. 3) Both administrations deserve credit for the increase in the vaccination rollout but the Trump administration lay the groundwork for Moderna and Pfizer to double and triple their outputs.

Other than that, nothing much else I can say that I liked or that he truly changed. He's an opportunistic shyster who had a reputation for screwing people over long before he became President. His teflon image is a brand not reality. You don't get to call yourself self made or successful when you go bankrupt multiple times and get a multimillion dollar start up loan from your father who did most of the work.

That you still believe, to this day, that Trump became President out of some sense of selflessness and duty (he got a bogus deferment from Vietnam by the way), is a testament to his greatest ability: bullshitting people.
first of all, I didn't say Trump's only motive was some sense of duty or that he is selfless. That's the kind of lunacy that loses you your credibility. You act like you want to be serious but then you pull that kind of crap out of your ass. In my opinion, anyone who is willing to expose himself to the kind of scrutiny and criticism that a candidate for higher office in the U.S. must expose himself to, HAS to have an almost pathological need for attention. I'm sure many worthwhile candidates pass on the attempt because of this. I said that Trump loved our country BEYOND that, and gave, as evidence, an example of an issue that nagged at him for many years that he said he wanted to become President to address. Try that one on for size and WEAR IT, because it fits.

And what you consider to be negative attributes, others might consider to be positive. That is definitely the case with Trump. To me he's like a throwback President, reminding one of more rough and tumble days when things were REAL and not so two-faced and politically correct. You gain no ground with that.

Don't be just another mindless stooge with a need to mischaracterize in order to produce an argument; stop wasting my time unless you want to deal with the subject honestly. Trump was no picnic in many ways and I've said here I wished he would just shut up sometimes. But all in all I'll take a Trump over a Biden who only wants to shine politically and profit accordingly. Just because someone is an egotistical jerk doesn't mean he isn't an effective egotistical jerk. And I couldn't care less that he doesn't want to have tea with me. Neither does Biden but he'll sing you that phony lullaby as if he does, and that's the major difference between the two.

Oh, and by the way...I have despised the ratfaced coach of dook BB for many years because his winning ways are just as much by hook and by crook as they are of good solid basketball. He does what it takes to win and I have no respect for many of his methods...but the rules never got in his way. You'll never find me trying to convince BB fans at large that he isn't an all-time great coach because I don't want to get laughed out of the room. Accordingly, to say Trump is a dirtbag who hasn't really been successful due to his own efforts is pretty disingenuous. He did what it took, and the rules didn't stop him. He might be the equivalent of ratface as President, but if it works for us, I'm for it.

Reactions: Heels Noir
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT