ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I would like a link that shows 100% (or even an overwhelming majority) of voters in a specific state vote by mail.

I would like a link that shows 100% (or even an overwhelming majority) of voters in a specific state vote by mail.
Only 2.5% of people in CO vote in person, the rest is mail. This is as of last summer, and they began mailing ballots to everyone in 2014 (spear-headed by a repub Sec of State). And participation went up upon doing so.

Fraud #'s low:

“Our referral rate for potential double voting and further investigation into in our 2018 general election was 0.0027 percent of all ballots cast,” said Griswold. That meant 62 ballots out of 1.5 million cast. Referral means sending them over to the attorney general for a further look.

"https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/06/26/fraud-ballots-mail-colorado-president-trump-claims/"

First, Colorado votes by mail. Every registered voter receives a ballot about 15+ days before the election. And instead of waiting in line at a polling station, the vast majority simply drop the ballot in a mailbox or a secure dropbox. Super high turnout overall, much less in person. So you can't compare the CO to GA.

Second why compare to any other state? GA is going backwards on Voter access... making it harder to vote (a tiny bit) rather than making it easier for citizens to vote, and the changes target certain groups.

If NY has been doing something bad, F them too.

How?

Some states vote 100% by mail, for decades.

A drop-box is MORE secure than relying on USPS. People who don't want to rely on a mailman or mailbox ((or the timing of USPS) use drop-boxes.

Drop boxes should have a lock or tamper-evident seal and be subject to staff monitoring or video surveillance. There is a strict chain of custody procedures to ensure that only authorized elections officials ever handle ballots.

There has been zero evidence of MASS or SYSTEMIC fraud despite all of Georgia's microscopes.

I agree with you in theory that most voting should be super close to a specific day, and that strict photo id should be required, but nothing GA did made it easier to vote, they just did things making it harder for particular groups to vote (and did the election board thing). If other red/purple states weren't gerrymandering and doing things that look like partisan power-grabs then MLB might not have paid much attention.
I think you have made some legitimate points and arguments here.

I just believe that election integrity needs to be paramount - and if a state is comparing initiatives that increase integrity, but slightly decrease ease of voting; those changes should get precedence over initiatives with the goal of making voting as absolutely easy as possible (taken to an extreme example - rolling up to everyone's house and collecting their vote).

Voting doesn't need to be - and certainly isn't - difficult. But compare it to other things we ask or demand of citizens, with zero pushback. Right now we are asking everyone in the US to jump through all sorts of hoops, get on wait lists / lotteries, to drive to a place where they can get a COVID vaccine shot...and usually do this twice. With a photo ID. I haven't heard about how this process is racist or oppressive to BIPOCs. Why?

Are we saying asking someone to roll out of their house to a voting location and vote in person once every two - four years is too demanding? Or is it just too demanding only for BIPOCs. Hearing people say this about "disadvantaged people of color" - appalling how racist their own bigoted, low expectations are: painting of BIPOCs as too dumb or lazy or both to be able to get an ID and figure out how to vote

I think you have made some legitimate points and arguments here.

I just believe that election integrity needs to be paramount - and if a state is comparing initiatives that increase integrity, but slightly decrease ease of voting; those changes should get precedence over initiatives with the goal of making voting as absolutely easy as possible (taken to an extreme example - rolling up to everyone's house and collecting their vote).

Voting doesn't need to be - and certainly isn't - difficult. But compare it to other things we ask or demand of citizens, with zero pushback. Right now we are asking everyone in the US to jump through all sorts of hoops, get on wait lists / lotteries, to drive to a place where they can get a COVID vaccine shot...and usually do this twice. With a photo ID. I haven't heard about how this process is racist or oppressive to BIPOCs. Why?

Are we saying asking someone to roll out of their house to a voting location and vote in person once every two - four years is too demanding? Or is it just too demanding only for BIPOCs. Hearing people say this about "disadvantaged people of color" - appalling how racist their own bigoted, low expectations are: painting of BIPOCs as too dumb or lazy or both to be able to get an ID and figure out how to vote
You're right, and it is part if the over-hype, mostly political. You could easily call the minor changes an "urban" issue rather than a bipoc issue since it will impact urban whites in the same manner. And certainly the board of election stuff impacts 100% of the demographics.

I still contend the "election integrity" part is kinda mythical in this particular case though. GA said their audits and recounts of paper, absentee, processes etc was a) easy to verify, b) not compromised.

Generally, security is important, but lack of security is over-hyped in this case (or a lie) too.

Last edited:
And red state:

I wasn't looking for a link to Romney "betting on it". I was hoping for a link that shows it.

As for fraud, if it was found X percentage was fraudulent, it's safe to assume that not every instance was found. And frankly, if one (1) singular vote is found to be fraudulent, to me that questions an entire election.

Furthermore, wouldn't we want to effort in a direction to have zero fraud? I mean, are school administrators happy when only a handful of kids fail? Or do they seek to have no kids fail?

Lastly, I guess voting by mail is ok. I just don't understand why there is a need to do so. I've never met someone that wanted to vote badly but was not able to get to the polls on election day. I'd also be in favor of making election day a federal holiday but require voting in person or through the absentee process.

In states like GA, AZ, NV just to name a few, thousands of votes per state (and tens of thousands collectively) are proven to have been cast under these illegalities:

• persons under 18 voting​
  • persons voting in two states​
  • deceased persons voting​
  • persons voting in a state / area where they haven't registered​
  • persons voting without a verified matching signature (went from about 3% absentee vote rejection previously, to basically 0% rejection, when instead rejection rate should have been much higher given the high number of first time mail in voters)​
  • votes with identical signatures, for many different votes​
  • voters voting twice or several times on mail-in ballots mailed to several addresses, or via ballot harvesting​
These are all proven, factually with air-tight evidence, not some theory.
Not according to The Heritage Foundation, which describes itself as "an organization whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.

Feel free to check out their website on voter fraud at the following address: https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/#choose-a-state

I've looked it over and a fair and representative sampling of fraud cases includes:

2020 - Arizona
Randy Allen Jumper

Randy Allen Jumper voted twice in the 2016 general election. He voted by absentee ballot in Arizona and again by absentee ballot in Nevada. He pleaded guilty to attempted illegal voting, a class 6 felony. He was sentenced to two years probation, fined $5,000, and is barred from voting in Arizona.

2017 - Nevada
Renaldo Johnson

Renaldo Johnson of Las Vegas pleaded guilty to one felony offense for submitting a falsified petition. Johnson was indicted on multiple charges related to submitting fake ballot signatures to have Jill Stein, a Green Party presidential candidate, on the state's ballot. Johnson awaits sentencing.

2018 - Georgia
Georgia's 28th House District

The 2018 election for Georgia's 28th House district was overturned twice by Senior Superior Court Judge David Sweat because some out-of-district voters submitted ballots, some voters moved out of the district between the first and second runoff elections, and there was at least one instance of duplicate voting. Though individuals were not prosecuted, this northeastern Georgia district faced three elections in the same year between the same Republican candidates (no Democrats ran). In the end, the incumbent lost to challenger Chris Erwin.

This website lists only 1,317 cases of voter fraud nationwide going back at least to 2009, which is a pretty small drop in the bucket, so to speak. You can review each and every one of the cases.

Not according to The Heritage Foundation, which describes itself as "an organization whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.

Feel free to check out their website on voter fraud at the following address: https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/#choose-a-state

I've looked it over and a fair and representative sampling of fraud cases includes:

2020 - Arizona
Randy Allen Jumper

Randy Allen Jumper voted twice in the 2016 general election. He voted by absentee ballot in Arizona and again by absentee ballot in Nevada. He pleaded guilty to attempted illegal voting, a class 6 felony. He was sentenced to two years probation, fined $5,000, and is barred from voting in Arizona.

2017 - Nevada
Renaldo Johnson

Renaldo Johnson of Las Vegas pleaded guilty to one felony offense for submitting a falsified petition. Johnson was indicted on multiple charges related to submitting fake ballot signatures to have Jill Stein, a Green Party presidential candidate, on the state's ballot. Johnson awaits sentencing.

2018 - Georgia
Georgia's 28th House District

The 2018 election for Georgia's 28th House district was overturned twice by Senior Superior Court Judge David Sweat because some out-of-district voters submitted ballots, some voters moved out of the district between the first and second runoff elections, and there was at least one instance of duplicate voting. Though individuals were not prosecuted, this northeastern Georgia district faced three elections in the same year between the same Republican candidates (no Democrats ran). In the end, the incumbent lost to challenger Chris Erwin.

This website lists only 1,317 cases of voter fraud nationwide going back at least to 2009, which is a pretty small drop in the bucket, so to speak. You can review each and every one of the cases.
LOL - you think there are only 1,317 cases / votes that were voter fraud since 2009? These are just the instances where the criminals were dumb and sloppy enough to get caught with conviction-worthy evidence.

Again - I don't think anyone would argue that voter fraud exists. It is quite easy to identify and quantify how many illegal votes (registered in wrong state, 2 states, under 18 yo, etc) occurred after the fact of each election, it is just impossible to identify which ballots are tied to these illegal votes, and remove these ballots, after the fact. The disconnect of the illegal voter from his illegal ballot, once they get blended in to all the other legal ballots - is the problem that allows voter fraud to occur - across all parties and elections.

Here is a story on how up to 40,000 votes were cast illegally in GA in 2020, where DJT lost by around 14,000 votes.

Votes in GA

Were all 40,000 cast for Biden? Probably not. But the 40,000 definitely are enough to swing a state's election.

Voting in person with an ID makes these fraud instances so much harder to carry out. Like GSD said above, shouldn't we all want a move toward more accuracy, less fraud?

These election principles are in place already in so many states that do their elections securely, accurately, efficiently, and are done by morning after election (like FL or TX - 2 of top 3 most populous states). With zero complaints of voter suppression in these "have our act together", non-banana republic states. Look at the clown show that is PA. Would we rather have all state elections run like they are in FL or TX? Or like they are in PA or NV?

Reactions: uncfootball-
LOL - you think there are only 1,317 cases / votes that were voter fraud since 2009? These are just the instances where the criminals were dumb and sloppy enough to get caught with conviction-worthy evidence.
I'm just saying that 1,317 cases is all that a conservative research and educational think tank could come up with. If you have evidence of more cases, by all means please provide it.

Again, let's look at the source:
Launched in March 2019, DJHJ Media is a conservative commentary news website founded by entrepreneur David J. Harris Jr. who also runs the website davidharrisjr.com. According to their about page “DJHJ Media is an opinion and commentary source for conservatives everywhere.”

Certainly there's no bias there.

This is AWESOME!! I absolutely love it. Getting exactly what they wanted and I, for one, am ecstatic. A few other cities need this to happen as well. Seattle, LA, Chicago need a huge taste of this!

I wish all LEO's across the country would call in sick for 48 hours at the same time. Let those who are prepared, you'll survive. I have plenty of food and ammo.

This is AWESOME!! I absolutely love it. Getting exactly what they wanted and I, for one, am ecstatic. A few other cities need this to happen as well. Seattle, LA, Chicago need a huge taste of this!

I wish all LEO's across the country would call in sick for 48 hours at the same time. Let those who are prepared, you'll survive. I have plenty of food and ammo.

I understand your point but after 48 hours there is no way law enforcement would be able to restore order. Now if all LEO in a couple of cities did it then that would be different.

Reactions: chickenhunter
You can still drink water in line, you just can't give it away. Although if you can't wait in line for 5- 30 minutes without free water, something is physically wrong with you.

ETA: It only extends 150 feet, so if there is some ridiculous line, then you'll be able to get some before you go in.
Yes I know

You can still drink water in line, you just can't give it away. Although if you can't wait in line for 5- 30 minutes without free water, something is physically wrong with you.

ETA: It only extends 150 feet, so if there is some ridiculous line, then you'll be able to get some before you go in.

The law states that precincts will have water available to everyone waiting to vote. It's simply they have to get it themselves versus someone handing it to them. But again, the dems don't want you to know that. They want you to believe the new law is denying people water.

The law states that precincts will have water available to everyone waiting to vote. It's simply they have to get it themselves versus someone handing it to them. But again, the dems don't want you to know that. They want you to believe the new law is denying people water.

Also tried to make it sound racist about drinking water. Some of this stuff is comical.

Right, the intent was to make sure people working for the candidates weren't giving stuff away. I doubt that was something that happened a lot, but to have it in the law isn't a big deal. Apparently it's equivalent to Jim Crow though.

Right, the intent was to make sure people working for the candidates weren't giving stuff away. I doubt that was something that happened a lot, but to have it in the law isn't a big deal. Apparently it's equivalent to Jim Crow though.

Maybe only Black Americans in Georgia drink water.

if people don't want race to be brought up, then they can simply create lots of polling stations, thus short lines, even in black neighborhoods.
I still dont see the connection. Are you saying Black Americans are unable to get water for themselves?

I don’t know about y’all but by the time I show up at the poll I’ve done all my research and I know exactly who I’m gonna vote for and it pisses me the fuk off for people to try to approach me with their Republican or Democrat sample ballots and propaganda. Where I vote you have to run a gauntlet of special interest groups pushing their agendas to get from the parking lot to the poll at the school. If we’re gonna change laws do away with all that crap or at least
Push them further away from the polls.

I don’t know about y’all but by the time I show up at the poll I’ve done all my research and I know exactly who I’m gonna vote for and it pisses me the fuk off for people to try to approach me with their Republican or Democrat sample ballots and propaganda. Where I vote you have to run a gauntlet of special interest groups pushing their agendas to get from the parking lot to the poll at the school. If we’re gonna change laws do away with all that crap or at least
Push them further away from the polls.

Where I vote it's not that bad. There are people outside the polls where you drive in with signs of the candidate they support but they don't say anything or try to convince you to change your mind. But in principle I agree.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Where I vote it's not that bad. There are people outside the polls where you drive in with signs of the candidate they support but they don't say anything or try to convince you to change your mind. But in principle I agree.

This past election in the parking lot as I was aproaching the voting building I had someone hand me a sample ballot/copy with all the democrats checked off. IMO this type stuff should not be allowed.

This past election in the parking lot as I was aproaching the voting building I had someone hand me a sample ballot/copy with all the democrats checked off. IMO this type stuff should not be allowed.

For sure. No influencing. People have their minds made up by the time they get to the polls but it's bad taste. I know plenty on both sides would raise hell if that happened to them.

I went to a new place, the libertarian guy had massive rainbow flags and banners. It seemed like something you'd see in the Pit on campus during pride day. Is that a common thing for libertarian "booths"?

Oh I dunno. If they did that with all Republicans checked off, I might appreciate them saving me the time.

I kid. I think I voted for a democrat once. Dogcatcher I think it was, and he ran unopposed.

Didn't you say you were registered as a Democrat once. Or was that a joke?
No joke, I am registered as a democrat, which is a far different thing than being a registered Democrat. The joke is having only voted for a democrat once. In actuality, the more local an office is, the more likely it is that I might give a dem the nod.

When I first registered, I was young and stupid. Now I'm old and stupid and the democratic party is a much different animal than it was then. I just never bothered to change, because I rarely vote in primaries....and if I do, I think I can be just as useful in voting for the most beatable democrat.

When I first registered, I was young and stupid. Now I'm old and stupid and the democratic party is a much different animal than it was then. I just never bothered to change, because I rarely vote in primaries....and if I do, I think I can be just as useful in voting for the most beatable democrat.

You remind me of someone I know on this board with that last sentence lol.

Reactions: blazers
You remind me of someone I know on this board with that last sentence lol.
until you tell me otherwise, I'm going to take that as a compliment. And if you do tell me otherwise, I'm probably going to take that as a compliment as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT