ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

c'mon man. The roll call of victims of drunk drivers who have been traditionally punished previously or are currently being punished is pretty significant. He's talking about removing drunk drivers for long stretches from even the possibility of a repeat offense, and you're seriously arguing that there's no proof that this would have an effect on the number of incidences?

giphy-4.gif
1. His post isn't specific to repeat offenders at all. So stfu

2. There are more first-time offenders than repeaters. Less than 1/3rd of DUIs are repeat. So gfy

3. Locking people away will obviously prevent repeat crimes from that person, but it is absolutely debatable as to whether harsher penalties prevent initial crime. So ead.

Last edited:
1. His post isn't specific to repeat offenders at all. So stfu

2. There are more first-time offenders than repeaters. Less than 1/3rd if DUIs are repeat. So gfy

3. Locking people away will obviously prevent repeat crimes from that person, but it is absolutely debatable as to whether harsher penalties prevent initial crime. So ead.
did you get a lobotomy? How does the harshness of punishment as described come into play if not to have an effect on repeat offenses as well as deterring first time offenders? And I don't have the stats, but I believe that repeat offenders are responsible for far more deaths percentage-wise than first time offenders. That being the case, 1/3 of all offenders being repeat offenders is highly significant.

Reactions: uncfootball-
How does the harshness of punishment as described come into play if not to have an effect on repeat offenses as well as deterring first time offenders? And I don't have the stats, but I believe that repeat offenders are responsible for far more deaths percentage-wise than first time offenders. That being the case, 1/3 of all offenders being repeat offenders is highly significant.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
The world is healing.

False alarm:

After reading all of these articles about the G7 and NATO meetings, it's nice to see the political spin machine is still working. During the Trump years republicans told me I shouldn't care about the way other countries viewed us and dems told me it was tantamount to treason if I didn't. Since Biden has been in office, the sides have switched opinions. I'll just stick with my original position of not caring about what some foreigner thinks about me.

After reading all of these articles about the G7 and NATO meetings, it's nice to see the political spin machine is still working. During the Trump years republicans told me I shouldn't care about the way other countries viewed us and dems told me it was tantamount to treason if I didn't. Since Biden has been in office, the sides have switched opinions. I'll just stick with my original position of not caring about what some foreigner thinks about me.

And then there was that time Trump shit on Biden in Japan and was relentlessly chastised for airing America's dirty political laundry. But when Biden shits on Trump and the GOP at the G7, he's just making sure everyone knows the threat that the radical right presents.

I fuc*ing hate liberals so much.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Was she claiming it was fake before?
She's taken some heat for supporting the crap spewed from Nick Griffin's face and previously said that wearing masks was worse than the Holocaust...so denial maybe not the right word? Downplaying the Holocaust more accurate.

Reactions: tarheel0910
And then there was that time Trump shit on Biden in Japan and was relentlessly chastised for airing America's dirty political laundry. But when Biden shits on Trump and the GOP at the G7, he's just making sure everyone knows the threat that the radical right presents.

The good news for me is I don't care what Trump did in Japan or what Biden did at the G7. I'm happier not giving a crap about what politicians say since it's almost always dumb. As far as hating liberals, I find they are similar to right wing people in one aspect. Which is, I don't care about them and I find them to be all bark, no bite. Life is much more pleasant once you realize you shouldn't care about politicians everyday activities.

The good news for me is I don't care what Trump did in Japan or what Biden did at the G7. I'm happier not giving a crap about what politicians say since it's almost always dumb. As far as hating liberals, I find they are similar to right wing people in one aspect. I don't care about them and I find them to be all bark, no bite.

But while having the views you stated above, you obviously recognize the glaring double standard, right?

Reactions: Grayhead
But while having the views you stated above, you obviously recognize the glaring double standard, right?
Double standard from the media? Sure, but both sides are lucky enough to have their own flip flop outlets. I would say the dems have a strong lead in TV and the repubs lead in radio (although nobody cares about radio anymore). It's a push for the online stuff. Once again though, I don't care about it. I just weed through all of the BS from the media. My goal for 2021 was just to get away from the political stuff as much as possible. 2020 was just horrible for society in general when it came to politics. First time I remember politics actually changing people's personality. I've managed to stay away for the most part and I feel so much better than I did last year. Giving up social media around 5 years ago and giving up on the media/politics have been two of the best decisions of my life.

There was a time not that long ago (in our lifetimes I presume) when being a (classical) liberal was a good thing. Root of the word liberal is same Latin as Libertas or Liberty - meaning freedom based or free thinker.

The term "liberal" has been hi-jacked. So I agree with your sentiment above, but I've replaced the term "liberal", with "leftists". Woke; fact-free; constantly spreading hatred and lies about race/gender/climate hysteria/anti-capitalist - seeing every topic through these "woke" filters.

Double standard from the media? Sure, but both sides are lucky enough to have their own flip flop outlets. I would say the dems have a strong lead in TV and the repubs lead in radio (although nobody cares about radio anymore). It's a push for the online stuff. Once again though, I don't care about it. I just weed through all of the BS from the media. My goal for 2021 was just to get away from the political stuff as much as possible. 2020 was just horrible for society in general when it came to politics. First time I remember politics actually changing people's personality. I've managed to stay away for the most part and I feel so much better than I did last year. Giving up social media around 5 years ago and giving up on the media/politics have been two of the best decisions of my life.

I always say that if we can't agree on a starting point, then there is no reason to have a discussion. The starting point with me here is the undeniable, heavy left wing bias that permeates through all media. From my perspective, it is not a "wash" with online media. All media is ridiculously left except for Fox News and the very few alternate media platforms like OAN and the others that nobody even knows about.

If you cannot concede that 90% of media coverage is heavily slanted to the left, then we'll just drop it. I cannot be convinced otherwise.

There was a time not that long ago (in our lifetimes I presume) when being a (classical) liberal was a good thing. Root of the word liberal is same Latin as Libertas or Liberty - meaning freedom based or free thinker.

The term "liberal" has been hi-jacked. So I agree with your sentiment above, but I've replaced the term "liberal", with "leftists". Woke; fact-free; constantly spreading hatred and lies about race/gender/climate hysteria/anti-capitalist - seeing every topic through these "woke" filters.

That's actually a good suggestion. I'd hate to lump a classic liberal into the woke liberalism of today. I might work on how I use the word liberal. But I might have to come up with something a little more colorful for those detestable, woke, pieces of shit that make up the democratic party these days.

I always say that if we can't agree on a starting point, then there is no reason to have a discussion. The starting point with me here is the undeniable, heavy left wing bias that permeates through all media. From my perspective, it is not a "wash" with online media. All media is ridiculously left except for Fox News and the very few alternate media platforms like OAN and the others that nobody even knows about.

If you cannot concede that 90% of media coverage is heavily slanted to the left, then we'll just drop it. I cannot be convinced otherwise.
I guess that depends on what you consider online media. If you're just talking about the TV channel websites, then I could agree with that. I consider it much more than that though.

You are dead-on accurate about the media slant and their domination of how people get their "news". There are still way more cable outlets that are leftist propaganda (MSNBC, CNN, etc) than - say - right leaning (FOX) and I will admit some shows on there are unwatchable name-calling garbage (like Sean Hannity).

But the left wholly owns TV broadcast media (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX TV, PBS). They own 80-90% of print (and related on-line) newspapers, especially those with relevance and influence: NY Times, Washington Post, Atlanta JC, Houston Chronicle, LA times, etc. and AP / UPI that feeds a lot of what they print.

For news I don't read print (or on-line) papers, don't watch local or national broadcast stations, and haven't for a long time, but there are 10s of millions of people who still get their news by these leftist propaganda orgs. Especially those people over 50 years old.

Even for those under 50 who might be more inclined to get their "news" off of social media, from Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc... that doesn't work for truth or fairness either because you can see recently many obscene cases of Twitter, Google, FB censoring news or points of view that damage their leftist propaganda mode.

Examples:
  • burying / censoring anyone who tried to raise the Hunter Biden laptop scandal and his shady deals with Ukraine, China..
  • that the virus may have (now likely has) come from Wuhan lab...
  • that masks may not be the savior / cure to COVID...
  • that lockdowns may not have been an effective solution for all people of all demographics (age 2-102 regardless of other health status)...
  • that looking into the safeness and side effects of a rapidly developed vaccine, and its potential risk to low-COVID-risk persons (children) is worthwhile....
  • that there may have been some things that seemed fishy on election night, with 6 key swing states all stopping counting at the same time, only in exact large cities required to swing these states to Biden (outside of years of historical trends)....

any mention of these topics or requests to look into the possibilities further gets you censored and / or banned. Or if you even agree with or repost what others have said in this regard. This should be highly disturbing to freedom lovers and civil rights advocates, or just American citizens, regardless of your political leanings.

ETA - and then there is the far-left slant of almost all educational institutions from grade school through college, which almost all kids go through, then have to learn (get mugged by reality) most of the woke PC BS they were taught was wrong.

It's an uphill battle to preserve individual freedom and to get younger people to understand the unique greatness of America and capitalism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
That's actually a good suggestion. I'd hate to lump a classic liberal into the woke liberalism of today. I might work on how I use the word liberal. But I might have to come up with something a little more colorful for those detestable, woke, pieces of shit that make up the democratic party these days.
FWIW - though I probably won't agree with their POV on most topics, and they are historically left-leaning individuals, I'd say Bill Maher and Alan Dershowitz are liberals. They have stood up for freedom of speech regardless of who is saying it, and have gone head-to-head with the leftists on getting rid of the woke, soft, politically correct BS - and now the left hates them.

A lot of comedians fall into this group, too. Seinfeld, Kevin Hart, etc. Say they don't want to do standup comedy any more especially on college campuses, because they are such easily offended triggered snowflake woke zones.

You are dead-on accurate about the media slant and their domination of how people get their "news". There are still way more cable outlets that are leftist propaganda (MSNBC, CNN, etc) than - say - right leaning (FOX) and I will admit some shows on there are unwatchable name-calling garbage (like Sean Hannity).

But the left wholly owns TV broadcast media (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX TV, PBS). They own 80-90% of print (and related on-line) newspapers, especially those with relevance and influence: NY Times, Washington Post, Atlanta JC, Houston Chronicle, LA times, etc. and AP / UPI that feeds a lot of what they print.

For news I don't read print (or on-line) papers, don't watch local or national broadcast stations, and haven't for a long time, but there are 10s of millions of people who still get their news by these leftist propaganda orgs. Especially those people over 50 years old.

Even for those under 50 who might be more inclined to get their "news" off of social media, from Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc... that doesn't work for truth or fairness either because you can see recently many obscene cases of Twitter, Google, FB censoring news or points of view that damage their leftist propaganda mode.

Examples:
  • burying / censoring anyone who tried to raise the Hunter Biden laptop scandal and his shady deals with Ukraine, China..
  • that the virus may have (now likely has) come from Wuhan lab...
  • that masks may not be the savior / cure to COVID...
  • that lockdowns may not have been an effective solution for all people of all demographics (age 2-102 regardless of other health status)...
  • that looking into the safeness and side effects of a rapidly developed vaccine, and its potential risk to low-COVID-risk persons (children) is worthwhile....
  • that there may have been some things that seemed fishy on election night, with 6 key swing states all stopping counting at the same time, only in exact large cities required to swing these states to Biden (outside of years of historical trends)....

any mention of these topics or requests to look into the possibilities further gets you censored and / or banned. Or if you even agree with or repost what others have said in this regard. This should be highly disturbing to freedom lovers and civil rights advocates, or just American citizens, regardless of your political leanings.

ETA - and then there is the far-left slant of almost all educational institutions from grade school through college, which almost all kids go through, then have to learn (get mugged by reality) most of the woke PC BS they were taught was wrong.

It's an uphill battle to preserve individual freedom and to get younger people to understand the unique greatness of America and capitalism.
Would you consider this to be leftist propaganda?

Ad_Fontes_Media_Bias_Chart.jpg

Would you consider this to be leftist propaganda?

And not a dam thing will be done about it. Dem leaders are pussys.

when 'classic' liberals disown extreme liberals and their views instead of supporting them, I might consider a little pigeonholing. But for the time being, it's a continuum and they are all liberals to me if they allow themselves to be considered that way. So fvck a G#$%^&@ liberal.

They were telling a story on a right-leaning morning talk show that I really wanted to hear but was distracted by work. It was about some North Korean young woman who escaped by walking across the freaking Gobi Desert by herself. She came to the U.S. and ended up at Columbia University, and she says the woke atmosphere there is insanity.

A woman who walked across an entire desert by herself to get away from the vice grip of North Korean indoctrination says that Columbia University is the insane one. What more does one need to know about that side of things in this country?

when 'classic' liberals disown extreme liberals and their views instead of supporting them, I might consider a little pigeonholing. But for the time being, it's a continuum and they are all liberals to me if they allow themselves to be considered that way. So fvck a G#$%^&@ liberal.

They were telling a story on a right-leaning morning talk show that I really wanted to hear but was distracted by work. It was about some North Korean young woman who escaped by walking across the freaking Gobi Desert by herself. She came to the U.S. and ended up at Columbia University, and she says the woke atmosphere there is insanity.

A woman who walked across an entire desert by herself to get away from the vice grip of North Korean indoctrination says that Columbia University is the insane one. What more does one need to know about that side of things in this country?

I read the story. Pretty strong statements from someone that knows real oppression rather than the made up American version.

Also, would.

He can add @prlyles to that mix
I don't think I'd do that with @prlyles. He isn't connected to reality enough to easily classify as beligerantly leftist like the other two. Probably throw him in with @strummingram in a miscellaneous file of those with a really-strong-opinion to strong-disconnect-with-reality ratio. Either that or just put him in the 'Village Idiot' file.

I read the story. Pretty strong statements from someone that knows real oppression rather than the made up American version.

Also, would.

60c8951a23393a00188e32e8
thanks, and I hope you don't mind me fleshing out your post a little, so to speak.

I found a number of articles and it's even better than I suspected...better in that it reinforces more strongly what was being suggested on the radio show, not in the state of affairs she comments on....

" "Even North Korea is not this nuts. North Korea is pretty crazy, but not this crazy," she added.

Park said her experience at Columbia made her believe that American students were losing the ability to think critically, something she said she is all too familiar with from her time in North Korea."

https://www.insider.com/north-korea-defector-says-columbia-university-reminded-her-kim-regime-2021-6

It means something to get an opinion from someone who is from on the outside (didn't want to call her an outsider when I'm thinking more along the lines of INsider, har har).

Last edited:

I don't think I'd do that with @prlyles. He isn't connected to reality enough to easily classify as beligerantly leftist like the other two. Probably throw him in with @strummingram in a miscellaneous file of those with a really-strong-opinion to strong-disconnect-with-reality ratio. Either that or just put him in the 'Village Idiot' file.
Well if biden can be POTUS then @prlyles stands a good chance of making @gunslingerdick list of names for libs

who is adfontesmedia?
I don't care enough to look, but this graph is comedy gold.

Just one example: NBC / AP / UPI near the center for bias and near the top for "more news value and reliability". Yep, that seems legit. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute...did Snopes make this graph? 🤣

The left's reaction to a past god-figure of theirs - Jon Stewart - is funny and informative. They are apoplectic over JS discussing "science" as - you know - what science really is...based on observations and facts, and probabilities....
not the "wE BeLiEvE iN sCiEnCe" of the left, aka blind wholesale belief forever in the narrative stated by the US and globalist leaders, (Fauci, WHO, CCP, etc) - and any facts or evidence raising questions about the original narrative must be censored, crushed.

The Globalist leftists including the social media censors say "New verified facts be damned! We must snuff out further investigation or research. Why would they do further investigation? What good possibly could happen? To possibly find that CCP / Wuhan lab was behind the COVID pandemic? To quote Hillary - 'what difference - at this point - does it make?' " So infuriating.

And if DJT or some other non-globalists, non-CCP-friendly persons even raise these legit questions about the preset narrative...

"whoa! We found the Asia-racist witch! (Jon Stewart) He is just like DJT or Ron Johnson. Burn the witch at the stake!"

So pathetic, idiotic, exact opposite of true science. I hate how the word "science" has been stolen and destroyed by the left

Last edited:
Reactions: Grayhead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT