ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Not without having to cross state lines. Bunches of states you can't get one performed unless the host's life is threatened.

Raped: too bad
Condom leaked and you're single & poor with no baby-daddy: too bad
Infant has genetic problem which will lead to major deformation: too bad

Of course most of the states already have horrible baby, maternal and child wellness metrics, like high infant mortality.

I'm sure those states will start pumping money into the foster-case system to shore that too.

Yes, for the 1% of abortions that are the product of a rape or incest, they will have to drive out of certain states. But many of that 1% already live in states where abortions will remain legal and the rest probably live in states that will have rape or incest as an exception. So way to go standing up for the 6 people that do not fall into the mentioned exceptions.

And aren't most forms of contraception 90%-99% effective? If you want to be sexually active and not prepared to have a child, then use one. Use two. Hell, most of you people put on 3 masks.

Tell me about it. Frankly, all liberal causes get under my skin and it's not just because they're liberal causes. Liberals just have a certain...je ne sais quoi that makes me loathe them and be more against their causes than I would be otherwise. And it's obviously not all liberals. Just the ones that are hysterical about causes. For example, I don't mind a liberal that just votes for liberals and liberal causes. I can't hate on them. I mean, I certainly don't like their choices but that's life. It's liberals that are loud and vocal about causes. It's the ones that protest. It's the ones that organize. Those are the loathsome liberals. I detest them so much that even in the rare occurrence I agree with them on a particular issue, the way they go about it pushes me farther from the cause and I almost change my own opinion because of how detestable they are.
Ya, they suck. It definitely makes it difficult to be in agreement with them on anything.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Mostly because it can't live or breathe outside of its mother.

This also kinda vaguely resembles a baby... is this a baby too?

s-l500.jpg

So when a woman is pregnant doesn't have any complications, doesnt have an abortion what do you think will happen? She will give birth to a cabbage patch kid? Give birth to a maple tree?

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Yes, for the 1% of abortions that are the product of a rape or incest, they will have to drive out of certain states. But many of that 1% already live in states where abortions will remain legal and the rest probably live in states that will have rape or incest as an exception. So way to go standing up for the 6 people that do not fall into the mentioned exceptions.

And aren't most forms of contraception 90%-99% effective? If you want to be sexually active and not prepared to have a child, then use one. Use two. Hell, most of you people put on 3 masks.
You want more kids with spina bifida, down syndrome, etc forced into your state?

You want more poor fatherless babies in your state? Your solution to many things lately is "stable families", but the typical abortion patient is young, poor and single.

Those states are either going to have more poor, fatherless kids, or more medical emergencies due to coat-hangers plus a few more babies tossed into trashcans.

Those supporting abortion are some quality folks.

" “You are damn right: It's about damn time we step into our power,” declared Henson. “It is about time we talk about the fact that guns have more rights than a woman. It's a sad day in America. … A weapon that can take lives has more power than a woman who can give life, if she chooses to.” "

here's some mindlessness for you. The special gift of life, an unborn baby, seems to be a precious little bundle of cells...when that suits the purpose. On some other day though, that annoying bundle of cells has got to go to the trash pile, like something you swept from under the sofa. Women are supposed to have that power, to decide just how worthwhile or worthless is the life growing inside them. It's these women that are worthless and they display the reason that the power to choose shouldn't rest solely with them.

But don't forget this part. Damn those life-taking guns that sometimes end life. What they demand is the right to end life themselves so they can be like the guns that they hate because...those guns take lives. The stupidity is incredible, and that's not hyperbole. It actually is incredible that people are that stupid, and that the stupidity garners a rousing round of applause from the equally mindless audience.

Reactions: uncfootball-
You want more kids with spina bifida, down syndrome, etc forced into your state?

You want more poor fatherless babies in your state? Your solution to many things lately is "stable families", but the typical abortion patient is young, poor and single.

Those states are either going to have more poor, fatherless kids, or more medical emergencies due to coat-hangers plus a few more babies tossed into trashcans.

So you have just changed the discussion. The poast that I quoted was discussing the super rare instances of rape or when contraception failed. But you have moved the goal posts now. But I'm game.

Every community has NPOs that are designed to take care of the people in their community - WITHOUT USING TAX DOLLARS. Why don't we leverage that more? The Roe/Wade reversal is an opportunity for hundreds or even thousands of organization to take up the slack. And by allowing nonprofit organizations to do so, we will see very clearly what services are wanted and needed in each individual community. NPOs employ millions of Americans and the creation of more NPOs could potentially employ millions more. It's a win-win. But I get it...there's less virtue signaling in this option and more actual hands on work, which isn't a hallmark of those that are on that side.

" “You are damn right: It's about damn time we step into our power,” declared Henson. “It is about time we talk about the fact that guns have more rights than a woman. It's a sad day in America. … A weapon that can take lives has more power than a woman who can give life, if she chooses to.” "

here's some mindlessness for you. The special gift of life, an unborn baby, seems to be a precious little bundle of cells...when that suits the purpose. On some other day though, that annoying bundle of cells has got to go to the trash pile, like something you swept from under the sofa. Women are supposed to have that power, to decide just how worthwhile or worthless is the life growing inside them. It's these women that are worthless and they display the reason that the power to choose shouldn't rest solely with them.

But don't forget this part. Damn those life-taking guns that sometimes end life. What they demand is the right to end life themselves so they can be like the guns that they hate because...those guns take lives. The stupidity is incredible, and that's not hyperbole. It actually is incredible that people are that stupid, and that the stupidity garners a rousing round of applause from the equally mindless audience.

The part that blows my mind is the whole debate is over something that could be prevented with birth control in 99% of the cases. If you eliminate the 99% by getting the P.O.S's to take birth control then lets have a conversation on how to handle the 1%.

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
if it's a growing organism inside a woman's body, then yes.
Kinda like a tumor?
So when a woman is pregnant doesn't have any complications, doesnt have an abortion what do you think will happen? She will give birth to a cabbage patch kid? Give birth to a maple tree?
Once the fetus is around 39 weeks developed, it will be birthed and and will start living and breathing as a child. And if its mother wanted to abort it - odds are slim that it's going to be any productive member of society.

The part that blows my mind is the whole debate is over something that could be prevented with birth control in 99% of the cases. If you eliminate the 99% by getting the P.O.S's to take birth control then lets have a conversation on how to handle the 1%.
I do agree that birth control should be used if someone is having sex and doesn't want a baby. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. I imagine the vast majority of the people wanting an abortion either had birth control fail, were raped, or found something that was either potentially damaging to the mother or producing an unviable fetus. While I agree that if anyone out there is saying "ahh fvck birth control, I'll just go get an abortion if I end up getting pregnant" is a moron, I don't think that's a very large portion of what's going on here.

So you have just changed the discussion. The poast that I quoted was discussing the super rare instances of rape or when contraception failed. But you have moved the goal posts now. But I'm game.

Every community has NPOs that are designed to take care of the people in their community - WITHOUT USING TAX DOLLARS. Why don't we leverage that more? The Roe/Wade reversal is an opportunity for hundreds or even thousands of organization to take up the slack. And by allowing nonprofit organizations to do so, we will see very clearly what services are wanted and needed in each individual community. NPOs employ millions of Americans and the creation of more NPOs could potentially employ millions more. It's a win-win. But I get it...there's less virtue signaling in this option and more actual hands on work, which isn't a hallmark of those that are on that side.
I have wanted to somehow make it possible to have affordable clinics available to poorer people by loosening the standards for care just a little. That's an outrageous suggestion to the lame of mind, who think poor people should have the same health care available to them that anyone else has. But that overtaxes the system and results in less quality health care for everyone.

Healthcare isn't some natural right to be supplied free to all, except in that no one can deny anyone access to whatever healthcare they can avail themselves of. It's a product or a commodity or a service. It is for sale. If one can understand that only the wealthier can afford to drive a 7 series BMW and that poor people have to settle for a beater Buick, it should also be understandable and acceptable for them to have possibly less quality healthcare but much more attainable healthcare.

But that overtaxes the system and results in less quality health care for everyone.

That is who the left is. That is what they want. Equality to them means "shitty for everybody (except us, the ruling class, of course)". It's blatantly apparent in public education more so than anywhere else but for sure, they're doing the same thing to healthcare. That was BO's main objective.

Kinda like a tumor?

Once the fetus is around 39 weeks developed, it will be birthed and and will start living and breathing as a child. And if its mother wanted to abort it - odds are slim that it's going to be any productive member of society.
in some ways like a tumor in that it grows inside the body, but it isn't a tumor. It's a human being. Are you really that desperate for some analogy that just doesn't exist? A baby is a baby. You can either treat it like an inconvenient annoyance or treat it with the same concern that any other human deserves.

The problem you describe is with the mother, not the child who can't yet defend itself. What we need to work on is rewarding responsible women who take birth control seriously and have more concern for human life. Rewarding women for being low-life and taking the easy way out isn't helping any. On the other hand, I would be all for sterilization. Tell me that wouldn't solve the problem and make me believe it.

That is who the left is. That is what they want. Equality to them means "shitty for everybody (except us, the ruling class, of course)". It's blatantly apparent in public education more so than anywhere else but for sure, they're doing the same thing to healthcare. That was BO's main objective.
Thank you. I almost added exactly the same thought to my post, but I was trying to keep it short.

I imagine the vast majority of the people wanting an abortion either had birth control fail, were raped, or found something that was either potentially damaging to the mother or producing an unviable fetus. While I agree that if anyone out there is saying "ahh fvck birth control, I'll just go get an abortion if I end up getting pregnant" is a moron, I don't think that's a very large portion of what's going on here.
https://lozierinstitute.org/abortion-reporting-florida-2020/

That link shows Florida stats on reasons for abortion. 75% were elective, 25% were economic/social reasons, and only a tenth of a percent were reported as rape. I'm not sure that I agree entirely with your statement on reasons for abortions, but concede it would be a tough thing to prove or disprove, even if all states reported reasons. I believe a good amount of women aren't going to tell you why they are getting an abortion in the first place.

In follow-up to prior line of debate, the Court has come out with another one (note the CNN link so certain posters can/will read it, lol).

I am for the separation of church and state, especially in schools. I oppose anyone who thinks that the schools should be doing what the parents and churches should be doing. But as usual, that has been taken too far. The lefty wing article (CNN) says that the bar between church and state has been lowered; but that is a mischaracterization. The court simply ruled that in the context of praying after a football game, it was just ordinary free speech...and it was. No one was required to pray along with the others, and if a Muslim kid wanted to pray along, I'm sure he would have been welcome to.

If in a public school it was required to start the day with the Lord's Prayer, no dice on that.

A baby is a baby.
Apparently it's not. Since some are calling a 10 week old fetus is a baby.

Rewarding women for being low-life and taking the easy way out isn't helping any. On the other hand, I would be all for sterilization. Tell me that wouldn't solve the problem and make me believe it.
I'm not sure how allowing women to pay for an expensive, painful procedure is really "rewarding" them, but ok. And it sure as hell is helping - it's helping the rest of society that doesn't have to then foot the bill for the baby.

But yes - I also would be completely on board for sterilization in certain circumstances. It's odd to me that you would be fine with deciding a person needs to be sterilized and shouldn't be allowed to bear children... but then force that same person to have a child if they were pregnant prior to sterilization.

That link shows Florida stats on reasons for abortion. 75% were elective, 25% were economic/social reasons, and only a tenth of a percent were reported as rape. I'm not sure that I agree entirely with your statement on reasons for abortions, but concede it would be a tough thing to prove or disprove, even if all states reported reasons. I believe a good amount of women aren't going to tell you why they are getting an abortion in the first place.
Definitely tough/impossible to prove one way or the other. As seems to be indicated by the numbers, rape likely isn't a large portion. I assume health concerns to the mother/fetus are more frequent than rape, but still not that common. But what we don't know from those numbers is how many of the elective and economic abortions were from women who were taking birth control that failed, and how many of them were at least attempting to take birth control and fvcked it up by missing a few days of the pill.

Reactions: Archer2 and UNC '92
Definitely tough/impossible to prove one way or the other. As seems to be indicated by the numbers, rape likely isn't a large portion. I assume health concerns to the mother/fetus are more frequent than rape, but still not that common. But what we don't know from those numbers is how many of the elective and economic abortions were from women who were taking birth control that failed, and how many of them were at least attempting to take birth control and fvcked it up by missing a few days of the pill.
This group says that about 0.5% of abortions are due to rape. Of course, we know that must be false because that number is way too low, considering one white man rapes approximately 42.6 women in his life.

Oh I imagine failed contraception being the reason for getting pregnant is not completely insignificant. It doesn't affect how I view responsibility for the pregnancy. That said, I'm also not in the camp of zero elective abortion tolerance.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I am for the separation of church and state, especially in schools. I oppose anyone who thinks that the schools should be doing what the parents and churches should be doing. But as usual, that has been taken too far. The lefty wing article (CNN) says that the bar between church and state has been lowered; but that is a mischaracterization. The court simply ruled that in the context of praying after a football game, it was just ordinary free speech...and it was. No one was required to pray along with the others, and if a Muslim kid wanted to pray along, I'm sure he would have been welcome to.

If in a public school it was required to start the day with the Lord's Prayer, no dice on that.

Completely agree.

The liberals are screaming that some of his football players feel "obligated or compelled" to stay in good graces with the coach. Well, that's a "them" problem. No one can control what other people think and feel. Furthermore, no one is expected to care what anyone else thinks and feels in that regard. If my kid was not a Christian and started to feel "obligated", I'd tell him to be comfortable in his own skin and do what he feels is right.

The vast majority of the team and the families of the kids on the team support the coach. This was another example of the left going to war over a handful of malcontent kids and their families most likely because they suck at football and weren't getting the playing time that the parents thought their kid deserved. And instead of telling their kid "get better", they went with the lazy way and cried foul on the praying and said their kid doesn't take part in that and that's why they're not playing.

You forgot about gingers. Birthing people should be forced to abort gingers, along with these fetuses that have obvious defects that you mentioned.

Abortions should be mandatory in some cases.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
Apparently it's not. Since some are calling a 10 week old fetus is a baby.

I'm not sure how allowing women to pay for an expensive, painful procedure is really "rewarding" them, but ok. And it sure as hell is helping - it's helping the rest of society that doesn't have to then foot the bill for the baby.

But yes - I also would be completely on board for sterilization in certain circumstances. It's odd to me that you would be fine with deciding a person needs to be sterilized and shouldn't be allowed to bear children... but then force that same person to have a child if they were pregnant prior to sterilization.
you don't understand prevention of pregnancy as compared to annihilation of a pregnancy? The destruction of a living being compared to never having to answer that question again? Not sure I know how to penetrate that level of density, no offense intended.

The woman is obviously rewarded by giving her an out to her pregnancy. She is rewarded for her casual and probably reckless behavior that caused the pregnancy to happen. The burden of having the kid and then raising it ioverwhelms the trouble of having an abortion. These things seem so obvious to me that I can't help but think you are reaching pretty far for an answer. Good luck.

And we are probably on the hook for that abortion, BTW and FWIW.

The arrogance of presuming a regretable outcome for a child as reason to terminate that child is part of a dystopian nightmare that I want no part of, if I can somehow avoid it. I know it's coming but hopefully I'll be on a utopian cloud by then.

Reactions: Archer2
Of course, we know that must be false because that number is way too low, considering one white man rapes approximately 42.6 women in his life......
.....and drinks the equivalent of 3800 cases of beer. As we used to say when I was in the Army, someone must be raping my share of women but I'm drinking his share of beer.

Some interesting stuff in there. Of course florida people be cra-cra, but still.
  • "Thirteen percent of the abortions were on married women" - yikes

• "a quarter reported one prior abortion and 19 percent had undergone more than one previous abortion" - holy shit 19% were going for their third?

• "A quarter were on women with one live birth, and another 37 percent were obtained by women with two or more live births." Over half already had a kid and didn't want another.

• "56 percent were chemical" (abortion pill, basically forcing a miscarriage via hormonal changes in mom)

• 75% in first 6 weeks, 92% before week 10

@Hark_The_Sound_2010 doing so much winning right now.

It's funny that most far right people on here think it has to be black and white. So simple minded.

How about this? Health concerns to mom and/or fetus you can have an abortion. Rape pregnancy, as rare as the numbers above have shown it to be, you can have an abortion. Make birth control free (it basically is already) and if you're prescribed on the pill and you somehow get pregnant, you can have an abortion.

If you're using abortion as a birth control method, then you're screwed and no abortion.

Does this make too much sense?

and @bluetoe 's retarded statement about an abortion being a gift to women is one of the funniest things I've heard on here in a while. I appreciate that you're ignorant enough to laugh at, thanks man.

It's funny that most far right people on here think it has to be black and white. So simple minded.

How about this? Health concerns to mom and/or fetus you can have an abortion. Rape pregnancy, as rare as the numbers above have shown it to be, you can have an abortion. Make birth control free (it basically is already) and if you're prescribed on the pill and you somehow get pregnant, you can have an abortion.

If you're using abortion as a birth control method, then you're screwed and no abortion.

Does this make too much sense?

and @bluetoe 's retarded statement about an abortion being a gift to women is one of the funniest things I've heard on here in a while. I appreciate that you're ignorant enough to laugh at, thanks man.
Abortion is not being used as a form of birth control. You need to read up on how an abortion is performed. No person in their right mind would go through that rather than take a free pill each day. Use some common sense.

How about this? Health concerns to mom and/or fetus you can have an abortion.
Technically being born to a single, poor, young mom in many parts of the US is a health concern, sometimes for the fetus (malnutrition) but more often for the baby for the rest of it's life. And how bout health concerns to the people in the community having to deal with the added burdens of poverty?

The abortion pill can be used up to 10 weeks, it is basically a hormonal change in the mom that forces a miscarriage. Plenty of women naturally miscarriage due to hormonal issues not from ru-486... there isn't a ton of difference.

Is it sin now to not force every woman over 15 to visit a fertility clinic to make sure her hormones are primed for a healthy womb, thus thwarting natural miscarriages?

Abortion is not being used as a form of birth control. You need to read up on how an abortion is performed. No person in their right mind would go through that rather than take a free pill each day. Use some common sense.
Jesus. And you make it freaking impossible to even remotely feel ok about siding with the left on something. I hope you break your hip on your way down your soapbox.

Technically being born to a single, poor, young mom in many parts of the US is a health concern, sometimes for the fetus (malnutrition) but more often for the baby for the rest of it's life. And how bout health concerns to the people in the community having to deal with the added burdens of poverty?

The abortion pill can be used up to 10 weeks, it is basically a hormonal change in the mom that forces a miscarriage. Plenty of women naturally miscarriage due to hormonal issues not from ru-486... there isn't a ton of difference.
See above.

God I hate the left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT