ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

"They could put up tents, have trained personnel -- and be there to help people who need it," Warren said, according to Kitchener. "It's time to declare a medical emergency."

The left has gone completely off the deep end.
if Elizabeth Warren manages to put herself in position to be elected to anything more significant than animal control officer, those who vote for her should be subjected to a mandatory psychiatric evaluation. In other words, you'd have to be nuts to vote for that knuckleheaded banshee.

Reactions: uncfootball-
First of all you should research who Cassidy Hutchinson is before you call her "wet behind the ears." Second, you think veteran secret service agents don't make the news for using bad judgment?

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...ested-skorea-drunk-assault-police-2022-05-20/

I don't know either Cassidy or the SS agents. But experience has taught me that kids in their 20s largely suck. I'm just saying, it's logical to trust the SS agents over the wet-behind-the-ears, 26 year old.

if Elizabeth Warren manages to put herself in position to be elected to anything more significant than animal control officer, those who vote for her should be subjected to a mandatory psychiatric evaluation. In other words, you'd have to be nuts to vote for that knuckleheaded banshee.

How about Tribal Chief? Go down in history with the likes of Sitting Bull and Geronimo.

Reactions: bluetoe
I don't know either Cassidy or the SS agents. But experience has taught me that kids in their 20s largely suck. I'm just saying, it's logical to trust the SS agents over the wet-behind-the-ears, 26 year old.

denial​

noun
in denial
: refusing to admit the truth or reality of something unpleasant

This is also a lot of the reason why you get pro choice absolutists that don’t want compromise on the timeline for elective abortions. They’re scared that if they give an inch then the pro life nutjobs will try to take a mile and go for shit like this.

Yup. I'd be fine with limiting abortion in the 3rd and 2nd trimester. Even a ban up to about 15-18 weeks or so. But extreme pro choicers would never accept that compromise.

Christ, this is what happens when moderates don't vote.

You don't seriously believe that the court should consider polls before it rules do you? Because if you do, then you're more ignorant about the court than I thought.
No. But eventually majority opinion should and will mean something. So i'm just highlighting that there have been a rash of "unpopular" decisions recently. NY gun control, this prayer thing, Roe v Wade, the Maine school thing. Eventually trust in the court will erode and politicians might do something (pack court or term limits for example).

Last edited:
Lol. Kids (let alone any parents) who are influenced by such are insecure and apparently dealing with their own issues. You can probably identify with that. I cannot. Plus, my kid is a baller and would play even if we was worshipping Satan at midfield.

Cope harder.

Also, if you believe this blurs the lines on separation of church and state, you're a bigger idiot than I realized. And that's saying something because I really had almost zero respect for your intelligence level.
Imagine a hard-core jewish kid is in the team, and coach is coercing everyone to ask that Jesus help them pick up more first downs and create more turnovers.

Public schools are "state", prayer is "church", so yes, this is related to the separation of those two.

No. But eventually majority opinion should and will mean something. So i'm just highlighting that there have been a rash of "unpopular" decisions recently. NY gun control, this prayer thing, Roe v Wade. Eventually trust in the court will erode and politicians might do something (pack court or term limits for example).

Solution: Stop having Congress vote. Congress should write proposed laws and registered voters should referendum everything. However, I don't think Dems would ever support such an option. Because they like to maintain that the majority supports their causes but deep down, they know that to not be true.

Imagine a hard-core jewish kid is in the team, and coach is coercing everyone to ask that Jesus help them pick up more first downs and create more turnovers.

Public schools are "state", prayer is "church", so yes, this is related to the separation of those two.

See, here's the rub - Coach never coerced anyone into anything. You saying it doesn't make it so.

Toughen your Jewish kid up and tell him to be confident with who he is and what he believes. And tell him to practice more and he might see the field. Mazel tov!

It's clear you have never been on a sports team.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
I can speak from experience.. not a coach alive that is not putting the players on the field/court that gives them the best chance to win. Sure you have to discipline players and sit them for missing class or smoking pot but not keeping a guy out for religious reasons. If I'm the coach a guy can wear "I love Satan" thongs under his uniform but if he can run a 4.3 then he is toting the rock 25 times a game.

See, here's the rub - Coach never coerced anyone into anything. You saying it doesn't make it so.
Rub your head some more. Parents complained their children on the team felt compelled to participate, and the school board said he was coercive.

Dad of player under that coach sums up the crux: "Teenagers see coaches as authority figures who determine playing time and influence how well they interact with the rest of their teammates, their friends. When Kennedy met with the entire team on the field immediately following games, with the community watching, it would have been incredibly hard for a teenager, any teenager, to refuse to participate, even if Kennedy’s prayers conflicted with the student’s personal religious beliefs. I feel for any kids, especially religious minorities or nonreligious kids, who participated because they thought it was the only way to be a good teammate, to impress their coach and to be included as part of the team."
Toughen your Jewish kid up and tell him to be confident with who he is and what he believes. And tell him to practice more and he might see the field. Mazel tov!

Coaches can force prayer to mythical beings on kids. But teachers can't talk about sexuality. Got it.

Rub your head some more. Parents complained their children on the team felt compelled to participate, and the school board said he was coercive.

Like I told you before.. these parents have kids that suck and use this as an excuse for not playing.

Dad of player under that coach sums up the crux: "Teenagers see coaches as authority figures who determine playing time and influence how well they interact with the rest of their teammates, their friends. When Kennedy met with the entire team on the field immediately following games, with the community watching, it would have been incredibly hard for a teenager, any teenager, to refuse to participate, even if Kennedy’s prayers conflicted with the student’s personal religious beliefs. I feel for any kids, especially religious minorities or nonreligious kids, who participated because they thought it was the only way to be a good teammate, to impress their coach and to be included as part of the team."

Coaches can force prayer to mythical beings on kids. But teachers can't talk about sexuality. Got it.

If your kid feels the need to pray to a god he doesn't believe in to get playing time, he's insecure and weak and you've done a terrible job parenting.

Or, and hear me out...the dad quoted is full of shit and just mad because his son sucks at football and isn't getting the playing time dad needs to live vicariously through him.

Yes, coaches can pray by themselves on the field. If others want to join - they're not required to - but they are welcome. The kids that don't want to take part can simply grab their shit and leave. See you at practice next week.

If a teacher wants to host a voluntary discussion on her perverse and deviant sexual preference and lifestyle outside of normal school hours, any kid that wants to attend can. And more importantly, any kid that doesn't want to take part, is not having his class time hijacked and prevented from learning real academic instruction in favor of some bizarre, woke ideology.

Or they don’t want to be coerced into something they may not believe in.

Let's make it simple. If I knew my coach was a hardcore democrat and that bothered me to the point that I wanted to quit the team, he would not have to wear a Biden/Harris shirt to get me to quit the team.

and? The Jewish kid is free to ask Jehovah to help him make that game-saving tackle. The coach isn't trying to convert or even coerce anyone, he is simply praying to the entity most worshipped and giving the team the opportunity to join in or not join in. And he is not doing it as a school function. It's just free speech. If it (the prayer) was a school function, I might go down there with a torch and a pitchfork myself.

Public schools are state and prayer is free speech when it isn't a school function. Just because a football game was played, the state doesn't pervade the event. Next you'll be demanding that Muslims in the stands can't roll out the prayer rug. I say the Muslim on the team can roll out his prayer rug while others are praying to a different prophet, and the coach won't bat an eye. Free speech, not school function.

lol, that is so idiotic. First of all, stop exaggerating. The coach is forcing no one.

Did you even once consider that the majority of the kids participating wanted to do so? And that maybe some didn't care but they just didn''t want to be the oddball but felt more part of the team in that moment? So they were fine with bowing their heads for a minute.

You have a few kids feeling pressured and resentful, and you would take away a perfectly harmless action enjoyed or at least appreciated by the majority just so those few knuckleheads don't have to experience one of most innocuous experiences imaginable. What kind of democrat are you? Oh never mind, you're a typical democrat.

lol, that is so idiotic. First of all, stop exaggerating. The coach is forcing no one.

Did you even once consider that the majority of the kids participating wanted to do so? And that maybe some didn't care but they just didn''t want to be the oddball but felt more part of the team in that moment? So they were fine with bowing their heads for a minute.

You have a few kids feeling pressured and resentful, and you would take away a perfectly harmless action enjoyed or at least appreciated by the majority just so those few knuckleheads don't have to experience one of most innocuous experiences imaginable. What kind of democrat are you? Oh never mind, you're a typical democrat.

Lol. @blazers was just posting about how the SCOTUS should review pew research polls before delivering a judgement. “The majority! The majority!” Now he’s going to bat for the minority.

Lol. @blazers was just posting about how the SCOTUS should review pew research polls before delivering a judgement. “The majority! The majority!” Now he’s going to bat for the minority.

Your logic sucks.

Going to bat for the minority is essentially the popular opinion among the majority when it comes to sep of church and state per the poll.

I remember when I was coaching we had this kid that was special needs. He was not athletic and lacked the ability to remember the plays. But during practice he participated in the drills and on game day he was on the sidelines wearing a uniform.. happy as a lark. Actually managed to get him in a couple of games when it was a blowout. Put him at wide receiver and let him run whatever route he wanted. Everyone went out of their way to make this kid feel like he was just as important as the others.. see that is how it works when you are part of a team.

Oh.. so only religion is a valid reason to be upset at the coach?

No, I'm saying that religion is what the topic focuses on. Don't steer away from it with another nonsensical comparison.

There could be disagreement over what constitutes a public school event. I would argue a football coach at a football game employed by the school does fall under that category.

Often times, deeply religious Christians in this country are very coercive. I've known people who were heavily ostracized and trashed for leaving their faith, Church, etc. Religion and faith do not belong in secular work spaces. Nor is it the place of a football coach to encourage prayer at a secular event if not everyone was on board.

Your logic sucks.

Going to bat for the minority is essentially the popular opinion among the majority when it comes to sep of church and state per the poll.

As I already correctly pointed out, there is no infringement of religion on the state in this situation. This is a private citizen exercising his right to pray and not coercing or persuading anyone to take part. If a player feels compelled to take part, that is on him and only him. The fact that the majority of the players and the families of those players appreciate the coach's actions makes them the majority. And it makes you and all the other hysterical liberals fretting over it, a crybaby.

yeah lol I saw him trying to waffle his way out of contradicting himself there after @tarheel0910 challenged him. It was amusing but so typical I didn't bother commenting.

No, I'm saying that religion is what the topic focuses on. Don't steer away from it with another nonsensical comparison.

There could be disagreement over what constitutes a public school event. I would argue a football coach at a football game employed by the school does fall under that category.

Often times, deeply religious Christians in this country are very coercive. I've known people who were heavily ostracized and trashed for leaving their faith, Church, etc. Religion and faith do not belong in secular work spaces. Nor is it the place of a football coach to encourage prayer at a secular event if not everyone was on board.

A coach is fully aware that his number one job is to win games. He realizes his ability to win games is dependent on the talent he puts on the field. The available talent can be determined by how he treats his players.

Ever heard anyone say.. well 3 years now they still havent won a game but his players all graduated with at least a 3.5 gpa.. lets give the coach a raise.

Good thing that didn't happen.

The coach is a citizen of the United States. And as one, he is allowed to pray where and when he wants. If the plays in playbook were called "3 out slot - 73 Holy Ghost" and he was forcing the kids to say and learn those, you might have a point. But that's not what was going on. When the game ends, the school function is over and he has all the right in the world to go to midfield and pray and anyone that wants to join, can. Those that do not, are free to leave.

"I'm not very knowledgeable about the law but I pretend to be on this message board."
-poopslinger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT