ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I didn't say they can't be criticized. I said these dumbass politicians should tell people to respect the court's opinion instead of trying to ruin the court just because they don't like the ruling. You're trying to change the argument.

ETA: The court going against popular will is nothing new. What's new is these morons in charge are going after them because they didn't get their way.
You say "ruining", "not attack" and "respect the court".

I haven't heard a single word from any politicians mouth regarding Roe, the Maine school, the NY carry, the fball coach. Whether they say "respect the decision" or whether they echo their constituents concerns isn't going to change any voter's mind on how they feel about the decisions. Are you swayed by your Fav senator's words? I doubt it.

If the court goes against popular will often enough, then the politicians need to respectfully represent their tax-payers and look critically at this problem. Americans, media, etc have the right/freedom to be critical. The court is going to erode due to popular opinion as long as their is freedom of press and free speech regardless of what pols do. Again it took decades to get here...

We wouldn't be having some of these discussions if McConnell hadn't done what he did to Garland. It sucks that SCOTUS is politicized, but it is.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Not that it matters, strum, but absolutely nothing happened inside the Beast. It has already been discussed here that Trump was traveling in the presidential Escapade instead. What also doesn't really matter is who is telling the truth and who is lying in this grabbing-the-wheel saga. Like I said earlier, it's not like the committee is going to use her testimony in hopes of getting Trump a traffic ticket for reckless driving. It was more anecdotal than anything.
Escapade? You mean Escalade, right? I thought the Beast WAS an Escalade. I don't really care. He threw a fit in some vehicle and was taken back to the White House.

If all of that information is anecdotal... why bring it up at all? It's second-hand, it's hearsay, and it might be an inroad to make the rest of her "good" testimony become more suspect.

If they can pin something on him to bring him down... awesome. I'd be thrilled to find out that the shit-heel mutherfvcker finally gets his comeuppance. I'll believe when I see it.

Escapade? You mean Escalade, right? I thought the Beast WAS an Escalade. I don't really care. He threw a fit in some vehicle and was taken back to the White House.

If all of that information is anecdotal... why bring it up at all? It's second-hand, it's hearsay, and it might be an inroad to make the rest of her "good" testimony become more suspect.

If they can pin something on him to bring him down... awesome. I'd be thrilled to find out that the shit-heel mutherfvcker finally gets his comeuppance. I'll believe when I see it.
Yes, Escalade. :p Thanks for the correction.

And whichever vehicle they were in doesn’t matter beyond silencing the doubters who spoke out yesterday trying to discredit the witness, arguing there was no way the President could reach through the seats and grab the wheel inside the Beast due to all of the communication equipment.

It’s easy today to play armchair quarterback and ask the question why would she share the story in her testimony if it wasn’t critical, but you have to remember she was being questioned and simply offering up what she knew and was told firsthand.

I’m sure she was as stunned as anyone by the agents’ denials.

Yes, Escalade. :p Thanks for the correction.

And whichever vehicle they were in doesn’t matter beyond silencing the doubters who spoke out yesterday trying to discredit the witness, arguing there was no way the President could reach through the seats and grab the wheel inside the Beast due to all of the communication equipment.

It’s easy today to play armchair quarterback and ask the question why she would share the story in her testimony if it wasn’t critical, but you have to remember she was being questioned and simply offering up what she knew and was told firsthand.

I’m sure she was as stunned as anyone by the agents’ denials.

So did the secret service make up the story or did Cassidy make up the story or did Trump actually try to grab the wheel and drive the SUV from the backseat?

So did the secret service make up the story or did Cassidy make up the story or did Trump actually try to grab the wheel and drive the SUV from the backseat?
Stop being so obtuse. I have made my thoughts clear. If you need to, go back and read my posts.

Imagine being from the shithole of Columbia, SC and attempting to roast some other locale. Lulz.
imagine being from sw va and the only relevant thing you have is maybe the internet, at times, and a message board. lulz

eta: did you get that?…if not, move to the right off that cliff or to the nearest howard johnson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heels Noir
I'll take that bet.

Those two special agents, Bobby Engle and Tony Ornato, were both "MAGAfied" Trump lackeys, according to other SS agents on the presidential detail. I think what happened immediately after the incident occurred is they confided in fellow White House insider Cassidy Hutchinson, never imagining their story would go public. Now that it has, they want to retract it to save face knowing it's basically their word against hers.
So now you are calling the agents hired to protect the president liars?
LMAO

Reactions: uncfootball-
You want the truth? The truth is if Tramp had not lied about the election results to you guys, there would be no hearing or 2nd impeachment. That’s the truth. He counted on you to be stupid enough to believe him and he was right.

Last edited:
imagine being from sw va and the only relevant thing you have is maybe the internet, at times, and a message board. lulz

eta: did you get that?…if not, move to the right off that cliff or to the nearest howard johnson.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
You want the truth? The truth is if Tramp had not lied about the election results to you guys, there would be no hearing or 2nd impeachment. That’s the truth. He counted on you to be stupid enough to believe him and he was right.
^^^^ the truth is, you're too stupid to think that perhaps we just didn't care whether he was lying or not. All the same difference to me, because your precious Corn Pop man bad. REAL bad. Anyone who defends putting that senile country-farking old shell of a man in office has no business telling anyone else how stupid they are.

Never stopped you before though, so I can't say I'm surprised. The absurdity of defending Biden while harping on a man who has been out of office two years indicates a problem much more profound than simple TDS.

I'll admit that I'll defend Trump to the end because he has been so unreasonably persecuted by numbskulls, that the truth is not even a discernible thing anymore when the other side is involved in supposedly trying to reveal it. And because Corn Pop man bad. Fvck Brandon, the Corn Pop man. The stupidity prize goes to the man who believes all the media and political bullshit that's been spewed over the last six years against Trump. That would be you, Goober.

The squirrel found a nut. Perfectly said and absolutely true.

• Haha
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
we just didn't care whether he was lying or not.

I'll admit that I'll defend Trump to the end because he has been so unreasonably persecuted by numbskulls,
Trump is always the victim. He will always have buttlicks like you to defend and support him for eternity. He can lie, cheat, steal, grift, and more, and you'll always have his back.

^^^^ the truth is, you're too stupid to think that perhaps we just didn't care whether he was lying or not. All the same difference to me, because your precious Corn Pop man bad. REAL bad. Anyone who defends putting that senile country-farking old shell of a man in office has no business telling anyone else how stupid they are.

Never stopped you before though, so I can't say I'm surprised. The absurdity of defending Biden while harping on a man who has been out of office two years indicates a problem much more profound than simple TDS.

I'll admit that I'll defend Trump to the end because he has been so unreasonably persecuted by numbskulls, that the truth is not even a discernible thing anymore when the other side is involved in supposedly trying to reveal it. And because Corn Pop man bad. Fvck Brandon, the Corn Pop man. The stupidity prize goes to the man who believes all the media and political bullshit that's been spewed over the last six years against Trump. That would be you, Goober.
Sorry but your post have become so long winded and irrelevant to take the time to read.

If the scotus keeps going against popular will, they're going to be more and more ripe for criticism and any probs from criticism.

If the court goes against popular will often enough, then the politicians need to respectfully represent their tax-payers and look critically at this problem. Americans, media, etc have the right/freedom to be critical. The court is going to erode due to popular opinion as long as their is freedom of press and free speech regardless of what pols do. Again it took decades to get here...

We wouldn't be having some of these discussions if McConnell hadn't done what he did to Garland. It sucks that SCOTUS is politicized, but it is.
The SCOTUS' job isn't to cater to popular opinion. They need to determine the legality of issues - even if 95% of the country is in favor of something, if it's unconstitutional, they need to rule that way. Then the legislative branch can write laws/amendments/etc. to make the popular opinion law.

I do agree that it sucks that the SCOTUS has become politicized, because it seems like they don't even realize their role. It seems hard to believe that if they were all neutral parties, that the same ones would coincidentally always seem to find a case in favor of the same party. But if it has to be politicized, I'm glad the side that is in the majority is the side that it is - would be ripe for a clusterfvck of bad decisions if it was reversed.

Don't think anybody would call Biden a good president but there is no doubt he is preferred over Trump.

Because...you like higher gas prices, high inflation and less border security and a president with dementia.
Trump could have easily won if his mouth didn't keep shooting holes in his boat. No one likes the current situation, but Trump did lose the election.

If he'd admit he lost, point out that things are worse, he could easily be re-elected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT