ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Growing concern over Biden's ability to continue his bid for reelection amongst prominent Dims.

"During an almost two-hour call Jeffries held to discern how ranking members feel before lawmakers return to Congress, the number of Democrats calling for the president to rescind his bid for the nomination surpassed the number of those clamoring for him to stay.

Sources said Reps. Mark Takano of California, ranking member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee; Adam Smith of Washington, ranking member of the Armed Services Committee; Jim Himes of Connecticut, ranking member of the Intelligence Committee; Joe Morelle of New York, ranking member of the House Administration Committee; Susan Wild of Pennsylvania, ranking member of the Ethics Committee; and Jerry Nadler of New York, ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, were among those who opposed Biden as the nominee."

Reactions: bluetoe
excellent, I see your point and I agree completely. Why worry about actual war when you can surrender from within as we are currently doing, and basically just hand over the keys to the enemy? As some of us have pointed out, Putin must be laughing his ass off at our stupidity, spending our resources to support military resistance to Russian hegemony in a far away place, while simultaneously making ourselves everybody's bitch with a more insidious sort of self-destruction.
Spoken like a middle-aged housewife.

Ma'am, you're delusional.
^^^^ says I'm a housewife and thinks that I'M the one that's delusional.

when_someone_is_delusional.gif

images

this thread has almost died, pun intended. Are some of those fingers currently more occupied with handwringing than keystroking? All I've see are a few weak libjabs that fall short of the mark and that only make the jabber look foolish.

What a difference. Trump only gained support from his trials and tribulations, but Biden's supporters reminds one of those rats on the sinking ship. To be sure, they aren't afraid that they might be ridiculed for defending the indefensible are they? Or is it that they don't want to be laughed at for the karma that they are experiencing?

Let's offer an olive branch. Come on back in you Bidenistas, we won't give you a hard time that much.

Over 600 times for Trump, but after seeing all of this, how many times for Joe?

Sure, there's no bias in the media.

Where are all the MSM hypocrites who were calling for the 25th to remove Trump? Crickets. BTW, Trump took the cognitive test and passed with flying colors. Joe won’t even take it. Yet many of you will still vote for him if he makes it to November. Sheer insanity.

I’ve seen several times unfortunately that these people who suffer cognitive loss are usually in denial about it. When they have lucid times then there’s no reason for them to think there’s a problem and When they have their “episodes” they don’t remember. My mom will straight up deny everything when you tell her about things she said or did when she has her bad days. She refuses to see a doctor or even acknowledge there’s a problem. I’ve felt for a while biden wasn’t fit to run again. Now I can’t help but think he’s not fit to even finish his term.

Last edited:
Reactions: gteeitup
I’ve seen several times unfortunately that these people who suffer cognitive loss are usually in denial about it. When they have lucid times then there’s no reason for them to think there’s a problem and When they have their “episodes” they don’t remember. My mom will straight up deny everything when you tell her about things she said or did when she has her bad days. She refuses to see a doctor or even acknowledge there’s a problem. I’ve felt for a while biden wasn’t fit to run again. Now I can’t help but think he’s not fit to even finish his term.
This is so spot on. Another example of this phenomenon to which you refer (although nowhere near as serious or as much of an issue) is people who snore. I've literally seen multiple couples fight over this issue and it wouldn't get conceded until someone took video with their phone to prove to the other person that they were sawing some big logs. Of course, I don't have any personal experience with this issue . . .

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
I can't stop laughing at the state of the leftist side right now. They are in EXACTLY the kind of divide over Joe Biden that they took such delight in seeing republicans the same way over Trump. Actually, republicans are less divided, and when it's time to pull the lever they'll be even less so.

The latest...Stephanopoulos interviewed Biden and then based on that told some rando that he didn't think Biden was gonna make it another four.

oof!

This just gets better and better.

Hyd.gif

They are in EXACTLY the kind of divide over Joe Biden that they took such delight in seeing republicans the same way over Trump.
F no, you can't bosides the Left's response to Biden and the Right's response to Trump.

Majority of ex-gop has shown ZERO spine, and the members of congress get entirely ejected from the Party if they're remotely critical of Trump or his stances, they get labeled RINO and are voted out.

GOP elections have gone poorly in 2020 and 2022, ex-appointees open discuss Trump's incompetence, critics are banished, the GOP is a broken, can hardly keeper a speaker in seat, yet still the Right-side is entirely backing kissing Trump's ass.

^You can laugh at the hysteria, the slow-roll of responses from politicians trying to CYA has been especially funny. Everyone on the left has said "WTF" since 2020 over the fact that someone better hasn't come thru the DNC, and now it is coming to a head (partly due to polling IMO), but still there is no comparison of Left's response vs Right's to their horrible candidates.

Last edited:
Actually, republicans are less divided, and when it's time to pull the lever they'll be even less so.
I know you used this as a general phrase to represent the act of voting, but the RNC and Trump really must have a ground game in place to both take advantage of alternatives to this form of voting and to monitor the antics of the opposition. He's been bitching for the last four years, there's no way they should get surprised with any shenanigans this time around. They may not be able to stop it in full, but they can at least limit the damage and/or prevent it versus the piss poor attempts at lawsuits after the horse was out of the barn in 2020.

• Wow
Reactions: blazers
^You can laugh at the hysteria, the slow-roll of responses from politicians trying to CYA has been especially funny. Everyone on the left has said "WTF" since 2020 over the fact that someone better hasn't come thru the DNC, and now it is coming to a head, but still there is no comparison of Left's response vs Right's to their horrible candidates.
But you are comparing fruit to vegetables. The situations are not the same. The R's have a candidate that has some horrible issues on a personal level, but good policies. The D's have a candidate that has some horrible issues on a personal level and horrible policies.

The fact is that Joe has been this way for a lengthy time. It has been hidden from everyone by those in the know and those that are supposed to tell us about it. It's been one big, fat, continuing lie. The worst part is, we don't even really know who is president for most of any given day currently, let alone the next four years. Trump may be an asshole, but he's the asshole in charge.

I think we can all agree at this point that there isn't a chance in hell that Biden wins this election. The question is whether the Democrats truly believe their tired lines that this election is the most important in history and that "democracy is on the ballot". If they do, they obviously have to replace Biden. If it's just their usual blowing smoke - they let Biden take the beating this year so they don't torch the political careers of Newsom/Whitmer if they were to lose to Trump and still have them to run in 2028.

When's the optimal time to replace him? ASAP would give them at least a little bit of time to build a case for the new nominee, but it also gives Trump's team time to create ads and talking points discrediting the nominee. In October would prevent much negative campaigning against the new nominee, but wouldn't give them any time to actually build the case for the new person and would likely come off as very shady to the average voter. Will be interesting to see when they pull the rip cord - or if they choose to just wave the white flag and plan for 2028.

I think we can all agree at this point that there isn't a chance in hell that Biden wins this election. The question is whether the Democrats truly believe their tired lines that this election is the most important in history and that "democracy is on the ballot". If they do, they obviously have to replace Biden. If it's just their usual blowing smoke - they let Biden take the beating this year so they don't torch the political careers of Newsom/Whitmer if they were to lose to Trump and still have them to run in 2028.

When's the optimal time to replace him? ASAP would give them at least a little bit of time to build a case for the new nominee, but it also gives Trump's team time to create ads and talking points discrediting the nominee. In October would prevent much negative campaigning against the new nominee, but wouldn't give them any time to actually build the case for the new person and would likely come off as very shady to the average voter. Will be interesting to see when they pull the rip cord - or if they choose to just wave the white flag and plan for 2028.

They don't really believe what they're feeding their NPCs.

I can't agree. I would certainly agree that things are heavily trending in favor of Trump. But, it is a long time until they are finished counting the votes and many things could happen. Don't start counting chickens yet as there is too much at stake and the last thing anyone can expect is for it to be a "fair" fight.

I know you used this as a general phrase to represent the act of voting, but the RNC and Trump really must have a ground game in place to both take advantage of alternatives to this form of voting and to monitor the antics of the opposition. He's been bitching for the last four years, there's no way they should get surprised with any shenanigans this time around. They may not be able to stop it in full, but they can at least limit the damage and/or prevent it versus the piss poor attempts at lawsuits after the horse was out of the barn in 2020.
@blazers what aspect are you "wow"ing about?

It is going to move slowly, these politicians have to meet, re-meet, re-strategize, double-check the polls, meet again, but out a rumor, then finally make a statement. Crazier things have happened, but you gotta think he'll step down.

Waiting til the maga veep is chosen seems wise...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT