ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I doubt anyone here is surprised that you ask 'what's the diff?' Somebody must have asked that on Facebook I guess. Here's the same clue you were given previously but in thorough fashion. The original attempt was coined the border bill, although only a fraction (something like 1/4-1/3) was earmarked for the security of OUR border. Did Trump have a hand in upsetting that sneaky little applecart? Yes, thankfully he did, because he had the balls to do so.

BTW, in case it still hasn't dawned on you, the major diff was the integrity of it.
But the prevailing excuse i've seen for maga rejecting the bill was that it was tied to ukraine-israel/gaza spending. Then months later the same money is allocated anyway. So maga thwarted border action (which Lankford penned, which GOP had been asking for) for an odd reason given they agreed to the same outgoing money 2 months later in stand-alone fashion.

I wonder if any of them has thought about the fact that with all the lib yammering over gun control and right wing nut jobs, the two assassination attempts were carried out against Trump by dem nut jobs. Hmmmm.
How were they dem ? Both had political moves all over the map. Is Dick Cheney suddenly a dem because he's anti-trump?

But the prevailing excuse i've seen for maga rejecting the bill was that it was tied to ukraine-israel/gaza spending. Then months later the same money is allocated anyway. So maga thwarted border action (which Lankford penned, which GOP had been asking for) for an odd reason given they agreed to the same outgoing money 2 months later in stand-alone fashion.
is this really what you want to spend your time doing? Rehashing what has thoroughly been gone over and not that long ago? Is that you're M.O.? You just endlessly repeat your repeats in the hopes that all opposed will eventually just give up? Hell you ignored me saying what your post above started off with IN THE POST YOU JUST REPLIED TO.

I guess this is the only tactic that you think might work for you. So here's your deal. Go back to the previous discussion we had and read and re-read it endlessly, if that's what you want to spend your time on. I'll be happy just pointing out how nitwitted that is.

Reactions: Archer2
because it's been amply substantiated that they were.
Did JD VAnce "make up any story" tell you that? He voted Trump 2016. Was anti-trump 2020 but the guy wanted a Haley/Vivek ticket 2024.
"You cannot quit. Why. You must stay on the ballot to the end. You must fight. You must continue giving speeches and push all the way to election day no matter the election results. Do not give in. Join Nikki and keep working. Never give up,” he wrote to Ramaswamy."

Again, is Dick Cheney a dem?

is this really what you want to spend your time doing? Rehashing what has thoroughly been gone over and not that long ago? Is that you're M.O.? You just endlessly repeat your repeats in the hopes that all opposed will eventually just give up? Hell you ignored me saying what your post above started off with IN THE POST YOU JUST REPLIED TO.

I guess this is the only tactic that you think might work for you. So here's your deal. Go back to the previous discussion we had and read and re-read it endlessly, if that's what you want to spend your time on. I'll be happy just pointing out how nitwitted that is.
No. The items in border bill related to the border were very much what repubs had been asking for, lankford himself, L Graham... McConnell, numerous conservaties viewed it as a huge concession. The reasons poop and others keep giving for the rejection is simply that funds were tied to war money.

Again you are ignoring details
"The original attempt was coined the border bill, although only a fraction (something like 1/4-1/3) was earmarked for the security of OUR border. " -- Regardless of "earmarking", repubs ASKED for the precise border-oriented parts of the bill. SAME amt of spending ultimately was approved 2 months later individually. So they balked at the "border bill" due to war spending, but later approved the war spending (same amounts).

Finally, again, to simplify for you, the earmarking is no excuse if those same amts were approved standalone 2 months later.

So a registered republican who lived in a house with 2 registered republican parents, with a Trump sign in their yard, was really a Democrat? Lol ok. Did you see that on Newsmax or 4chan?
seriously dude? His parents were repubs and he was registered repub and there was a repub sign in the yard? Well, why didn't you say so? The sign in the yard cracks the case, no doubt about it. You seem to have misplaced the fact that he donated to a dem cause when Biden was inaugurated. And who gives a shit how his parents were registered, He wasn't them. And guess what. I'm registered democrat. That's right, and I'm about as dem as you are a right-winger. How you register doesn't mean much, it's what you do. And what did he do? Oh yeah, he shot up a Trump rally. Not just at Trump, but into the republican Trump rally. Duh huh.

And then there's this guy....dem. "Routh, who has a lengthy criminal record from North Carolina, frequently posted about politics and exclusively donated to Democratic candidates and causes dating back to 2019."

Don't be such a stooge.

All bills should be stand-alone.

That's the dem playbook.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Did JD VAnce "make up any story" tell you that? He voted Trump 2016. Was anti-trump 2020 but the guy wanted a Haley/Vivek ticket 2024.
"You cannot quit. Why. You must stay on the ballot to the end. You must fight. You must continue giving speeches and push all the way to election day no matter the election results. Do not give in. Join Nikki and keep working. Never give up,” he wrote to Ramaswamy."

Again, is Dick Cheney a dem?
Dick is a war monger.

seriously dude? His parents were repubs and he was registered repub and there was a repub sign in the yard? Well, why didn't you say so? The sign in the yard cracks the case, no doubt about it. You seem to have misplaced the fact that he donated to a dem cause when Biden was inaugurated. And who gives a shit how his parents were registered, He wasn't them. And guess what. I'm registered democrat. That's right, and I'm about as dem as you are a right-winger. How you register doesn't mean much, it's what you do. And what did he do? Oh yeah, he shot up a Trump rally. Not just at Trump, but into the republican Trump rally. Duh huh.

And then there's this guy....dem. "Routh, who has a lengthy criminal record from North Carolina, frequently posted about politics and exclusively donated to Democratic candidates and causes dating back to 2019."

Don't be such a stooge.

Wait, you are talking about the same republican who also researched and plotted to also shoot others including Biden and Harris?

That guy?

Reactions: blazers
No. The items in border bill related to the border were very much what repubs had been asking for, lankford himself, L Graham... McConnell, numerous conservaties viewed it as a huge concession. The reasons poop and others keep giving for the rejection is simply that funds were tied to war money.

Again you are ignoring details
"The original attempt was coined the border bill, although only a fraction (something like 1/4-1/3) was earmarked for the security of OUR border. " -- Regardless of "earmarking", repubs ASKED for the precise border-oriented parts of the bill. SAME amt of spending ultimately was approved 2 months later individually. So they balked at the "border bill" due to war spending, but later approved the war spending (same amounts).

Finally, again, to simplify for you, the earmarking is no excuse if those same amts were approved standalone 2 months later.
goooo...baaaack...aaaand...rereeaadd... whaaaat...haaaaas...alreadddy...beeeeen...pointed out.

The bill was co-authored by repubs but it was a dem thrust to sneak in the goodies for Ukraine and Israel under the guise of it being a bill about OUR border. The republicans cooperated and signed off because it was them that wanted a bill period. The dems took advantage. Who gives a shit that it was subsequently DONE LEGITIMATELY, that first bill was a POS.

Wait, you are talking about the same republican who also researched and plotted to also shoot others including Biden and Harris?

That guy?
what guy? That dem guy? The one that didn't just plot but actually did shoot up a republican rally? The one who donated to a dem cause? That dem guy? The one referred to here CNN no doubt, in this article that makes no mention of any other plotting? "Both of Crooks’ parents worked as social workers, according to state license records. His father is registered to vote as a Libertarian and his mother is registered as a Democrat, state voter records show."

goooo...baaaack...aaaand...rereeaadd... whaaaat...haaaaas...alreadddy...beeeeen...pointed out.

The bill was co-authored by repubs but it was a dem thrust to sneak in the goodies for Ukraine and Israel under the guise of it being a bill about OUR border. The republicans cooperated and signed off because it was them that wanted a bill period. The dems took advantage. Who gives a shit that it was subsequently DONE LEGITIMATELY, that first bill was a POS.
So they reject the first bill due to having ukraine/israel goodies.
Then 2 months later they they vote for the exact ukraine/israel goodies...

But the excuse wasn't simply the joint nature of the bill, the excuse was they DID NOT WANT the ukraine/israel goodies. Obviously they was BS since 2 months later they did.

But the excuse wasn't simply the joint nature of the bill, the excuse was they DID NOT WANT the ukraine/israel goodies. Obviously they was BS since 2 months later they did.
The immigration part of the bill would have handcuffed future presidents. The bill sucked. I'm with @gunslingerdick on this one, shut the whole border down. Does it not bother you libs that women are being raped and killed by illegals? Or all the gangs that are coming in?

Wow Blue the last few days you have sounded like one stupid SOB. You really need to up your game. You are embarrassing yourself. Has the new guy really got under you people's skin that much or is something else going on? Other people can come in and make you people look a lot dumber than he has. Is that what you want?

The immigration part of the bill would have handcuffed future presidents. The bill sucked. I'm with @gunslingerdick on this one, shut the whole border down. Does it not bother you libs that women are being raped and killed by illegals? Or all the gangs that are coming in?
Well, that's the thing. The part of the bill that addressed OUR border sucked bigly. But no one wanted to discuss that, just the very general name that it was called a Border Bill. But it never was, whether it was good or bad is irrelevant. It was someone else's Border Bill. They passed the same amount of funding for those purposes later? So what? All that does is put people on record of how they voted on those issues rather than hiding and claiming they didn't really vote in favor of all that funding, it was just due to OUR border.

More importantly, @blazers, since your vaunted Border Bill was really three bills in one, you want to claim that it's a big deal that 2/3 of that Border Bill got passed later. And since the portion of it that actually addressed our border, the remaining 1/3 (being kind there) that wasn't passed and funded later, what's the status of that legislation??? Surely, since it was a "good" thing and helped solve our border issues, surely some brilliant D or even one of those R's you mention who wanted it so desperately for our border that they reintroduced just that legislation and it's raced through committee and ready for voting? Right? I mean, let's solve the border. The Harris/Biden admin told us time and again that they couldn't do it without Congress? Where's the beef?

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
BTW, I can't believe no one cares that our former president and possible future president had a second assassination attempt within 60 days. What if it was the World's Smartest Woman?

Well, that's the thing. The part of the bill that addressed OUR border sucked bigly. But no one wanted to discuss that, just the very general name that it was called a Border Bill. But it never was, whether it was good or bad is irrelevant. It was someone else's Border Bill. They passed the same amount of funding for those purposes later? So what? All that does is put people on record of how they voted on those issues rather than hiding and claiming they didn't really vote in favor of all that funding, it was just due to OUR border.

More importantly, @blazers, since your vaunted Border Bill was really three bills in one, you want to claim that it's a big deal that 2/3 of that Border Bill got passed later. And since the portion of it that actually addressed our border, the remaining 1/3 (being kind there) that wasn't passed and funded later, what's the status of that legislation??? Surely, since it was a "good" thing and helped solve our border issues, surely some brilliant D or even one of those R's you mention who wanted it so desperately for our border that they reintroduced just that legislation and it's raced through committee and ready for voting? Right? I mean, let's solve the border. The Harris/Biden admin told us time and again that they couldn't do it without Congress? Where's the beef?
OK, sometimes people can talk to you so I'm going to give this a try, do you think it would have passed if Trump had not stopped the MAGA from voting for it?

BTW, I can't believe no one cares that our former president and possible future president had a second assassination attempt within 60 days. What if it was the World's Smartest Woman?
I think its time both him and Harris stop having outdoor rallies and Trump needs to play golf on a military reservation where he would be more secure but that would mean he would miss out on charging the taxpayers an arm and a leg to house the SS.

they rejected the first bill due to its being touted as our border security bill when in fact it was a bill that mostly funded Ukraine's and Israel's respective struggles and treated OUR border problems like an afterthought.. You know this. You also know that it matters not to the point at hand that Ukraine and Israel then got funded in a separate bill dedicated to that goal.. But go ahead and lather rinse repeat until the cows come home with your but but but bullshit.

I have happily allowed that Trump stepped up and called bullshit on dem attempts to polish that deceptively misleading turd and then claim that republicans didn't want border security after all when it was ongoing republican demands for border security that made the dems look up and realize that the election was looming. How much longer will you keep trying trying and failing to make the quashing of the original bill appear to be some kind of Trump political power play instead of Trump having the nuts to call out the dems with their typical political gamesmanship? Who cares, you're just pissing up a tree.

@prlyles said...

"Wow Blue the last few days you have sounded like one stupid SOB. You really need to up your game. You are embarrassing yourself. Has the new guy really got under you people's skin that much or is something else going on? Other people can come in and make you people look a lot dumber than he has. Is that what you want?"

lol, it's obvious to everyone but you who it is that looks like their skin has been gotten under. Hint; between me and you, it ain't me.

You aren't getting any smarter. Empty claim after empty claim, and not a shred of substantiation behind any of your pointless little spitballs. When you can demonstrate that I'm actually embarrassing myself, I'll address it respectfully. But as long as your posts continue to be such mindlessly shallow attempts to hit last, I'll just keep letting you publicly try to get your panties out of your crack.

they rejected the first bill due to its being touted as our border security bill when in fact it was a bill that mostly funded Ukraine's and Israel's respective struggles and treated OUR border problems like an afterthought.. You know this. You also know that it matters not to the point at hand that Ukraine and Israel then got funded in a separate bill dedicated to that goal.. But go ahead and lather rinse repeat until the cows come home with your but but but bullshit.

I have happily allowed that Trump stepped up and called bullshit on dem attempts to polish that deceptively misleading turd and then claim that republicans didn't want border security after all when it was ongoing republican demands for border security that made the dems look up and realize that the election was looming. How much longer will you keep trying trying and failing to make the quashing of the original bill appear to be some kind of Trump political power play instead of Trump having the nuts to call out the dems with their typical political gamesmanship? Who cares, you're just pissing up a tree.
Swing and a miss.

"Where's the beef?"

the beef is being rectally extrapolated by him, to no avail. No matter how much he's shown that the objection to the bill was the nature of the bill itself, he will not give up trying to paint it as a Trump power play that sacrificed our border security for his political gain. We ain't having that wayward crock of crap.

The best thing about it is that it did help Trump and the good guys politically, but only by revealing the true nature of the bill and dem tactics in using the border problem that they created as a political football.

Swing and a miss.
lol, it's obvious to everyone but you who it is that looks like their skin has been gotten under. Hint; between me and you, it ain't me.

You aren't getting any smarter. Empty claim after empty claim, and not a shred of substantiation behind any of your pointless little spitballs. When you can demonstrate that I'm actually embarrassing myself, I'll address it respectfully. But as long as your posts continue to be such mindlessly shallow attempts to hit last, I'll just keep letting you publicly try to get your panties out of your crack.

Well @Heels Noir is on record wanting a third attempt. Does that count?
villain-chillin-like-a-villain.gif

You think the bill sucked, but it contained what the GOP had been asking for.
And it would have passed had Trump not told them not to because it would show that he didn't know what he was talking about when he brings up the border. This is going to hurt the GOP down ballot chances but he doesn't care, Trump is for Trump, period.

It's a blessing in disguise. A solid bill that Trump singlehandedly shot down. And now it's part of the sum of reasons he'll lose in November. So in the end, the bill didn't pass but we don't have to look at Trump in the White House the next four years. That's not a bad tradeoff.

Well, that's the thing. The part of the bill that addressed OUR border sucked bigly. But no one wanted to discuss that, just the very general name that it was called a Border Bill
Sen Lankford, McConnell and others were very happy with it from Oct til Jan when Trump killed it. It was a massive compromise on the Dem's side.

McConnell deployed his usual tactics to get the border bill passed through the Senate: He tapped a credible intermediary, Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.), to extract significant concessions from Democrats, and he got the White House to engage in the talks. The resulting bill picked up key endorsements, including from the National Border Patrol Council, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board. McConnell hailed the deal as “a quality product”.

And since the portion of it that actually addressed our border, the remaining 1/3 (being kind there) that wasn't passed and funded later, what's the status of that legislation??? Surely, since it was a "good" thing and helped solve our border issues, surely some brilliant D or even one of those R's you mention who wanted it so desperately for our border that they reintroduced just that legislation and it's raced through committee and ready for voting?
Cuz Trump would have killed it, just like the first round. That's my point.

I guess we're done. Cuz what I know is that serious conservatives like Lankford, Mitch McConnell and others called the border part a quality product, and then two months later the dissenters agreed to the same war expenditures.

How about we start with the laws on the books already and see how it goes from there. This administration has flooded the country with illegals. Biden did away with all the EO's Trump had in place. If you don't think this was done on purpose you're lying to yourself.

Sen Lankford, McConnell and others were very happy with it from Oct til Jan when Trump killed it. It was a massive compromise on the Dem's side.

McConnell deployed his usual tactics to get the border bill passed through the Senate: He tapped a credible intermediary, Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.), to extract significant concessions from Democrats, and he got the White House to engage in the talks. The resulting bill picked up key endorsements, including from the National Border Patrol Council, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board. McConnell hailed the deal as “a quality product”.

Cuz Trump would have killed it, just like the first round. That's my point.
Langford is on record saying the WH nor Harris participated in negotiating the bill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT