ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Funny that you think facts have a bias. Lol.

Allsides says they also had them at center at one point, but now has them leaning left. Maybe try to read what is linked.

I don't think that facts have a bias. I think you should learn to read. The way facts are either presented or purposely NOT presented, and the way facts are distorted into non-facts is what matters.

Like those numbers of illegals in Springfield, Ohio...remember? Don't talk to me about facts, junior.

• Love
Reactions: nctransplant
You're like trying to calculate pi where one just gets caught in an infinity loop. After about the 20th digit, I'm done dealing with your need to respond.
That's right, post a bunch of nonsense and when I call you on it, wave the white flag. Before you go, tell me again about the 42 times Kamala mentioned Trump by name during her 21-minute interview. And then for good measure, call it a "poll."

You're an idiot.

I appreciate that you are using Allsides to check on sources.

Here's another rating group's take on FactCheck.

FactCheck.org​

FactCheck - Fact Checker - Least Biased - Credible
Factual Reporting: Very High - Credible - Reliable

LEAST BIASED​

as I pointed out to junior, In my linked report, Allsides also had them in the middle until recently, when they were moved to left leaning

Question about fact-checking organizations.

If you are fact-checking 2 opposing candidates, should you fact check them equally? Or should you, perhaps, fact check the one that fails fact-checking at a higher rate more often?

Reactions: Heels Noir
That's right, post a bunch of nonsense and when I call you on it, wave the white flag. Before you go, tell me again about the 42 times Kamala mentioned Trump by name during her 21-minute interview. And then for good measure, call it a "poll."

You're an idiot.
just your usual desperate grab at something to help keep you from looking foolish. He fully explained what he was offering, and his terming it a poll was obviously not to be taken literally. Obvious to anyone not trying too hard, that is.

• Love
Reactions: pooponduke

If you are fact-checking 2 opposing candidates, should you fact check them equally? Or should you, perhaps, fact check the one that fails fact-checking at a higher rate more often?
Well, who fact checks the fact-checking organizations?

Many have used Snopes in the past. It was only recently that they updated their "facts" on Charlottesville.

The media used to play this role when they at least attempted to stay neutral and non-partisan. Once it was realized what they were doing behind the curtain, all bets were off.

I should also add that fact checking at different rates only tends to serve the narrative set in advance of checking the candidate you want to credit/discredit. Candidate A could say a 1,000 things, 995 of which are true. Candidate B could say a 1,000 things, 995 of which are false. If A gets checked on those five false things, they appear to be 100% lying. If B gets checked on those five true things, they appear to be 100% truthful. But, that's hardly the case in either instance.

And, who gets to decide truth? The laptop was Russian election interference! Until it wasn't. Let's not act like the "fact checkers" are somehow these noble do gooders who are just there to help us all out. They get funded by something/someone.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I should also add that fact checking at different rates only tends to serve the narrative set in advance of checking the candidate you want to credit/discredit. Candidate A could say a 1,000 things, 995 of which are true. Candidate B could say a 1,000 things, 995 of which are false. If A gets checked on those five false things, they appear to be 100% lying. If B gets checked on those five true things, they appear to be 100% truthful. But, that's hardly the case in either instance.

And, who gets to decide truth? The laptop was Russian election interference! Until it wasn't. Let's not act like the "fact checkers" are somehow these noble do gooders who are just there to help us all out. They get funded by something/someone.
That kind of thing doesn't matter to liberals. Remember if they are doing it to you it's because they are doing it 100x over.

What a great move by Harris to take Liz Cheney to Michigan. Their Muslim population has got to be loving that...
I wondered about this as well. Liz Cheney is spoken of in one demographic, those that hate Trump. And that's only because she also hates him, but that doesn't make her popular or able to influence anyone. She can't even get re-elected in her own state. And it's not like she brings anything else to the table. I just don't see her moving any needle for anyone. I'm hoping this is a sign of Harris' internal polling and the campaign being in bit of a meltdown mode of doing anything and everything. Hail Mary type stuff.

That kind of thing doesn't matter to liberals. Remember if they are doing it to you it's because they are doing it 100x over.
People act like fact checkers matter and have been around for hundreds of years. We used to count on journalists and reporters actually asking questions and challenging people when they lied or told falsehoods. There was at least some semblance of effort. The existence of "fact checkers" and even having them within their organizations is really an indictment of the press/media. Now, well, now, you spend more time trying to confirm something or debunk something than actually discussing what something means.

If one fails the fact check more, you logically have to question the fact-checking as much as the presenting of the fact itself. I would think common sense dictates that you look at both and then decide for yourself which seems more plausible and accurate, if you are that much relying on the fact-checkers.

I mostly just use Allsides for getting an idea of media bias and they seem to be reliable in that regard, so I don't look elsewhere because in the long run, I don't trust them or anything as much as my own judgement. Instead of going to a fact checker, try to dig it out yourself.

Allsides says they also had them at center at one point, but now has them leaning left. Maybe try to read what is linked.

I don't think that facts have a bias. I think you should learn to read. The way facts are either presented or purposely NOT presented, and the way facts are distorted into non-facts is what matters.

Like those numbers of illegals in Springfield, Ohio...remember? Don't talk to me about facts, junior.

Can you point to where the facts hurt you?

I wondered about this as well. Liz Cheney is spoken of in one demographic, those that hate Trump. And that's only because she also hates him, but that doesn't make her popular or able to influence anyone. She can't even get re-elected in her own state. And it's not like she brings anything else to the table. I just don't see her moving any needle for anyone. I'm hoping this is a sign of Harris' internal polling and the campaign being in bit of a meltdown mode of doing anything and everything. Hail Mary type stuff.
Yeah, I'm sure the Muslim community are big fans of Liz and Dick. It's just another example of the poor decision-making by Harris. Tim Walz is a loser. Minnesota is not flipping to Trump. Pennsylvania could have been out of reach if she had chosen Shapiro. He has baggage too though. She can't even say what she'd do differently than Biden. Obama and Clinton haven't exactly helped her much either. Obama berated black men and Clinton admitted the border got away from them and some wouldn't have died if they had controlled the border.

She's doing an event in Houston, if you want to know what the internal polls are indicating.

it's laughable to take a known extreme Trump-hater along to campaign against Trump. The bias is self-defeating. She might as well have gotten Rosie O' Donnell to tag along.

• Haha
People act like fact checkers matter and have been around for hundreds of years. We used to count on journalists and reporters actually asking questions and challenging people when they lied or told falsehoods. There was at least some semblance of effort. The existence of "fact checkers" and even having them within their organizations is really an indictment of the press/media. Now, well, now, you spend more time trying to confirm something or debunk something than actually discussing what something means.
If I'm a conservative I'd never do an interview with the MSM unless it was live. They are in the tank for libs and always will be.

Reactions: bluetoe
Perhaps I missed it as I was out of town for a few days about a week ago, but did anyone talk about the drones that were spotted over Langley AF Base in VA last November for, I wanna say, 17 nights in a row? These were only drones that could have come from us, Russia or China apparently. Russia's a little busy with their drones which means it was China and they had to come off a boat. This may be worse than the balloon across the country.

Perhaps I missed it as I was out of town for a few days about a week ago, but did anyone talk about the drones that were spotted over Langley AF Base in VA last November for, I wanna say, 17 nights in a row? These were only drones that could have come from us, Russia or China apparently. Russia's a little busy with their drones which means it was China and they had to come off a boat. This may be worse than the balloon across the country.
I only got a whiff of this and I want to know more about it. But since you brought it up, I'd say instead of wasting effort demonizing Russia beyond what it richly deserves with the Ukraine deal, we need to be keeping watch on China in a bigger way.

People act like fact checkers matter and have been around for hundreds of years. We used to count on journalists and reporters actually asking questions and challenging people when they lied or told falsehoods.
Trump lies every day about several different subjects. where are the fact checkers? Are they going over employment records at Mc Donald's forty years ago?

• Haha
I only got a whiff of this and I want to know more about it. But since you brought it up, I'd say instead of wasting effort demonizing Russia beyond what it richly deserves with the Ukraine deal, we need to be keeping watch on China in a bigger way.
This is part of the problem Every time they distract us by screaming Russia, Russia, Russia, the CCP and their errand boy, Coach Walz, get a little chub. We've got much bigger issues than Russia and Putin.

Can you explain the revision in the violent crime rate? You libs stood us down on this fact and it turns out we were right as was Trump. You've scurried away from the post I made on that like roaches when the light comes on.

Let's make this really simple for you. Let's assume all of the hateful rhetoric around the trans community finally got to you and you end up dead in December. At first, the police assumed you just ended your life. 3 months later they make the determination that your neighbor simply couldn't take your nonsense any more so they offed you.

A suicide in 2024 is now a murder in 2025.

Get it now?

Let's make this really simple for you. Let's assume all of the hateful rhetoric around the trans community finally got to you and you end up dead in December. At first, the police assumed you just ended your life. 3 months later they make the determination that your neighbor simply couldn't take your nonsense any more so they offed you.

Get it now?
It's not 2025 Junior. You can twist it any way you want, it's just like the over 800K jobs that never happened.

• Haha

Get it now?
The only Trannie here left a few months ago, and then you showed up. Makes a man wonder...

Get it now?
it isn't him that doesn't get that, dummy. It's the ones claiming that the stats were previously accurate that don't seem to get it...or do they?. The ones who knew that they weren't right are the ones who get it.

Get it now?
Speaking of simple:

A. The reference to trans in his user name refers to the concept of living somewhere, like NC, and then moving to another state, like Nebraska, such that he's a transplant. And btw, Nebraska is one of those flyover states that your fact checkers probably doesn't know exists either. I gave you credit for the word play originally, but it lost it's "zing" after the second or third reference.

B. The revisions to which are being referred are not insignificant. We went from crime being way down to it going up. In other words, all those times your glorious leaders and their apologists in the media told us not to believe our own eyes, we were being misled. Just like the 800K jobs that suddenly went poof. And the problem with crime stats is that they don't ever point out the major locations/sources of crime that failed to even participate in the reports originally. Stats are worthless if not considered in context.

But, you still haven't answered the question of why the revisions and why was it wrong to begin with, but after the fact checking of Trump in the debate, it gets revised. Curious timing, one must admit.

Speaking of simple:

A. The reference to trans in his user name refers to the concept of living somewhere, like NC, and then moving to another state, like Nebraska, such that he's a transplant. And btw, Nebraska is one of those flyover states that your fact checkers probably doesn't know exists either. I gave you credit for the word play originally, but it lost it's "zing" after the second or third reference.

B. The revisions to which are being referred are not insignificant. We went from crime being way down to it going up. In other words, all those times your glorious leaders and their apologists in the media told us not to believe our own eyes, we were being misled. Just like the 800K jobs that suddenly went poof. And the problem with crime stats is that they don't ever point out the major locations/sources of crime that failed to even participate in the reports originally. Stats are worthless if not considered in context.

But, you still haven't answered the question of why the revisions and why was it wrong to begin with, but after the fact checking of Trump in the debate, it gets revised. Curious timing, one must admit.
He still won't get it. He's had his ass handed to him all day and he still can't comprehend. Let's say just for fun, that suicides are way up. I wonder why. The pandemic and the liberals shutting everything down? Or maybe the Mom or Dad that work multiple jobs that still can't manage to put food on the table? All under this administration!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT