ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

image0.jpg

Except there was no grift. Not a scintilla of evidence that they did anything other than send messages and requests to which the guy willingly said Yes. There is nothing to suggest that WinRed did anything nefarious or had any information that they were dealing with someone who had such issues.

This is someone who was let down by his kids. Plain and simple. I understand how it could happen, but just because WinRed was the ultimate beneficiary, it doesn't make them the problem. But, playing on emotion is all you've got and you guys do it well.
ActBlue is a thing, but the WinRed side is way more guilty numbers-wise. Is that because they are targeting old people inordinately?

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
This is Michigan Republican Fred Upton who served three decades in the U.S. House of Representatives. He recently endorsed Kamala Harris and has already cast his ballot for her in the 2024 election. Glad to have Rep. Upton on the winning team!

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210224104819-01-rep-fred-upton-restricted.jpg

Tulsi said, "what up?"
Thanks for posting this. It bring up a great question - who are some of the folks that voted for Biden but our now supporting Trump?

There are hundreds to thousands of popular/public people (mostly mayors, governors, congress from federal and state-level, lots of military generals and ex-cabinet appointees) who have publicly switched from voting Trump/Repub in the past to now voting for Harris. And I personally know many not popular people who voted Trump 2016, then ditched him.

So who, other than Tulsi (might get a gig from her endorsement) and RFK (though he gets a gig out of it)?

And how many former Biden officials are coming out against Biden the way Trump's former officials have come out against him (even endorsing his opponent?)

Last edited:
In trump's defense, his fundraising scams are usually not uncovered until well after the fact.

Oh no not the J6 committee... Is that the same group that destroyed all of their "evidence"?

On topic, Repub Mayor of Okla City, flipping to Harris:

"During this time period of my adult life that I am describing — across four presidential elections — I viewed policy as the differentiator between candidates. Issues like a strong national defense, limited and competent government, fiscal responsibility, personal freedom, and a free-market capitalist economy all weighed heavily on my vote. It is only in 2016, 2020 and 2024 that I have been forced to recognize that there are criteria inherently more important, criteria that I took for granted. These criteria could be thought of as the three Cs: CHARACTER, COMPETENCE and COMMITMENT to our form of government."

link

Reactions: Heels Noir
Tulsi said, "what up?"
I'll recognize her:

This is Tulsi Gabbard, the former Democratic Representative from Hawaii who sought the nomination of her party during the 2020 presidential election. After becoming the first of 30 nominees to drop out of the race, she became bitter and found a new home among the MAGA crowd, endorsing Donald Trump ever since. Good riddance and welcome to the losing team!

19gabbard-out-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

This is Michigan Republican Fred Upton who served three decades in the U.S. House of Representatives. He recently endorsed Kamala Harris and has already cast his ballot for her in the 2024 election. Glad to have Rep. Upton on the winning team!

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210224104819-01-rep-fred-upton-restricted.jpg
Wait, a guy who retired after 36 years in Congress that voted to impeach Trump would endorse the non-Trump candidate? Call me shocked.

• Love
You do know the reason Ukraine aid was included right? That's what the GOP originally wanted, then they had an issue with their own original stance when their pro-putin members started barking.
Wow. I had no idea you were so high placed and were a part of these actual discussions. Careful about what you reveal to us though, they might come after your security clearance.

Wait, a guy who retired after 36 years in Congress that voted to impeach Trump would endorse the non-Trump candidate? Call me shocked.
Ah, so you're willing to do a little bit of research on a former politician who's endorsing the Democratic candidate but you refuse to read a very brief, two-page house bill regarding the devastation of Hurricane Helene before spouting off?

Your credibility is in the basement.

ActBlue is a thing, but the WinRed side is way more guilty numbers-wise. Is that because they are targeting old people inordinately?
So, are you admitting that you are an ageist?

"Old people" isn't the same thing as ill or mentally challenged people. I would expect two first names peewee to make such a juvenilely based comment, but not you. You've generally expressed posts based upon actual life experience, even if some of it is still based in hopes and wishes versus actual reality.

When asked whether the former president or his wife, Laura, would endorse a candidate or make public how they will vote, Bush's office said "no." "President Bush retired from presidential politics years ago,"
Also not endorsing Trump- Mike Pence, Dan Quayle... so there are no living Pres or Veeps endorsing Trump.

Ah, so you're willing to do a little bit of research on a former politician who's endorsing the Democratic candidate but you refuse to read a very brief, two-page house bill regarding the devastation of Hurricane Helene before spouting off?

Your credibility is in the basement.
You posted about some guy that I'd never heard of, let alone knew anything about, so I had to see if he was even real. Lie to yourself all you want, but his endorsement isn't changing a single vote.

As to reading things, that's funny coming from you. I read The New Republic article and their spin to smear the R's. That was enough. I don't need to decipher the subtleties and intricacies of local NC politics by reading bill language when there is undoubtedly more than meets the eye here. That you can't or refuse to see it in bill language means next to nothing. Based upon your repeated inability to read things and comprehend what's in them, why would I rely on your claim and invest the time?

Finally, thanks for the complement. You stating that I or anyone else has a credibility issue means my job with you is done.

Inflation hurts even more when you've gave your money to Trump's legal defense fund so he could pay kraken-level attorneys.
Inflation? What inflation? All I've heard and read is that inflation is down. Wait, are you suggesting that these words don't tell the actual story when we've been told that?

• Haha
I don't need to decipher the subtleties and intricacies of local NC politics by reading bill language when there is undoubtedly more than meets the eye here.
The bill was really short. It was targeted at specific counties. And it has an end-date (when this ballot-counting period for this specific election ends).

Inflation? What inflation? All I've heard and read is that inflation is down. Wait, are you suggesting that these words don't tell the actual story when we've been told that?
The entire globe had inflation, US actually fared better than other big countries in this regard. Since this is news to you then you haven't been reading posts... or anything outside of your bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT