ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Sheep Eating GIF

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
I'll recognize her:

This is Tulsi Gabbard, the former Democratic Representative from Hawaii who sought the nomination of her party during the 2020 presidential election. After becoming the first of 30 nominees to drop out of the race, she became bitter and found a new home among the MAGA crowd, endorsing Donald Trump ever since. Good riddance and welcome to the losing team!

19gabbard-out-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg
Tulsi looked at the 2020 lineup with Biden, Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, Mayor Pete, Amy . . . and realized her best shot was to aim for VP. She was hugely instrumental in knocking out Kamala. She was a Bernie supporter in 2016, and she never attacked Biden.

Easy to think that someone who had a strong environmental record before the Green New Deal came along, who supported Universal Health care, who had a military background, was intelligent, well-spoken and telegenic, would be in the running for VP if either Biden or Bernie won the nomination.

Imagine if Tulsi had been tapped for VP instead of Harris - and everything else played out the same way. She'd be the Presidential candidate right now.

Hmmm.

I know this is a question for @blazers, but I'm not shy about butting in. No official reason has been given. Theories suggest it's because Republicans generally suppress as many voters as possible and/or this is another rigged 2020 in the making.

The bottom line is this: If anything, this will affect the number of Republican voters more than anything else and definitely increases the chances of Harris-Walz and other Democratic candidates across the board of winning the state. Way to go, NC General Assembly. Keep up the good work!!
True about butting in when not asked. Regardless, thanks for trying. I don't need theories from D's or others in the media. Normally when this sort of situation arises, there are all kinds of quotes on tv and in the press as to why it was considered "bad" or at least a reason for a position. That usually happens whether it's legit or not. Otherwise, they just look stupidly partisan. And maybe that's the case, but seems like someone would have gone on record as to their reasons.

So you think what he said shows brainwashing?

Wow. You do need to get out.

Just out of curiosity, what are your top news sources (other than this thread)?

I ask because my news sources seem to be doing a better job of informing me. I'd be happy to point you toward better sources, if you are interested.
He has a job, he can't watch the view in the mornings.

There are plenty of non-establishment politicians who AREN'T morally corrupt fascist dictators. Sorry your idol / candidate sucks so badly that people are having to vote against their personal policy preferences.
It's just mass "TDS."

All of his former staff, previous business associates he shafted, women he assaulted, 58% of the population simply has TDS.

here's the kind of thing we'll be treated to with a Harris presidency.

Biden/Harris sleight of hand

I only perused this so feel free to correct me, but if I understand, the notoriously misnamed Inflation Reduction Act has controlled the prices on some drugs via Medicare, but the costs didn't go away but were being passed on to Part D insurers, causing premiums to potentially increase in a sort of whack-a-mole situation. Knock it down here and it pops back up there, kind of thing. So since this was going to make itself known just before the election, and since the BH didn't want it to become known, they paid off the insurance companies to the tune of billions of dollars.

But not to worry, it's just another uptick in the debt.

The upshot is that not only is the original cost of those drugs not being effectively reduced, it will now carry interest charges to boot....all because they wanted to sneak another covered-up bungle past us.

I only perused this so feel free to correct me, but if I understand, the notoriously misnamed Inflation Reduction Act has controlled the prices on some drugs via Medicare, but the costs didn't go away but were being passed on to Part D insurers, causing premiums to potentially increase in a sort of whack-a-mole situation. Knock it down here and it pops back up there, kind of thing. So since this was going to make itself known just before the election, and since the BH didn't want it to become known, they paid off the insurance companies to the tune of billions of dollars.

The upshot is that not only is the original cost of those drugs not being effectively reduced, it will now carry interest charges to boot....all because they wanted to sneak another covered-up bungle past us.
I'm sure you are misinterpreting. The answer is surely it's all Trump's fault.

Reactions: bluetoe
lol. I’m old enough to remember when this was a forgone conclusion. But then again, when you have tens of thousands of migrants arriving daily, I guess better safe than sorry.

funny that you have to make it a law to try to prevent 'what can't happen' from happening.

Saw this a few weeks ago but our band of WDFH will never see it because The View, Rachel Maddow and the like will never report on it.

Just more conspiracy theories proven true.
Wait, hold the phone.

We are learning that the local officials may possibly not tell the entire story or the rest of the story in their statements?

That would give new possibilities to things happening/not happening in western NC, Ohio, etc.

Hmmmm. Where's Clark and Lois when you need them?

True about butting in when not asked. Regardless, thanks for trying.
Between the moment I started writing that post until the moment I finished and hit "Send," you asked me the same question, so I wasn't butting in after all. And I answered your question as well as anyone outside of the House Republicans in Raleigh can.

In the meantime, I'll go with "stupidly partisan" as the answer to why they voted the way they did.

Between the moment I started writing that post until the moment I finished and hit "Send," you asked me the same question, so I wasn't butting in after all. And I answered your question as well as anyone outside of the House Republicans in Raleigh can.

In the meantime, I'll go with "stupidly partisan" as the answer to why they voted the way they did.
But history's a bitch my man. Thanks for nothing.

lol. I’m old enough to remember when this was a forgone conclusion. But then again, when you have tens of thousands of migrants arriving daily, I guess better safe than sorry.

I'll vote for it even though I'm not foolish enough to think it really matters.

What is that suppose to mean?

You know @strummingram . He rarely makes sense with his poasts. I don't know what he's trying to say in his recent poasts either. Best thing you can do is just gloss over them. Scroll on by. They're repetitive, predictable and mundane at this point.

Oh,wait...your poast wasn't directed towards Strum. My B. But it doesn't make anything I wrote less true.

Imagine if Tulsi had been tapped for VP instead of Harris
Never would have happened. Her skin color disqualified her. Although who knows, maybe they'd be trying to sell Tulsi as Black now too. I'm sure she'd at least be able to come up with a better answer to the question "Who's the best rapper alive?" than Kamala's "Tupac" .

Last edited:
thanks, Kamala.
Our libs won't understand it until something happens to a family member of theirs. My youngest daughter went to Lincoln Monday, on her way home she stopped at Walmart in York. Seven hispanic guys followed her around the store, no matter where she went. She called me and I told her to not go outside without going to the front desk. They left once she went and got management.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT