ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC games Week 1

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Now that the New Math people in sports programming have given us Week 0, we are ready for Week 1.

All game times are Eastern.

Thursday night, GT is at Clemson on the ACCN. It should prove a slaughter as GT does not have the tools to run the offense Collins runs.

Friday night, Utah St is at Wake on the ACCN. The old is new with the blue Aggies as Gary Anderson returns for a second stint. This is a big season opener for Wake because the Aggies were 11-2 last year.

On Saturday, ECU is at Moo. Noon kickoff on the ACCN.

Dook plays Bama in the Chick-Fil-A and should serve as a nice practice dummy. The game is on ABC at 3:30.

At 4 on the ACCN, we can see if VT is imploding. The Hokies travel to BC.

If you are a fan of either things orange or Jerry Falwell, you can search ESPN+ for Syracuse at Liberty at 6.

FSU gets to show its progress against Boise St. The game, played in Jacksonville, is on ESPN at 7.

At 7:30 on the ACCN, we have an important Coastal battle. UVA, picked by some to win the division this year, travels to last year's Coastal champ Pitt.

On Monday night, ND faces the cards in Louisville. The game is on ESPN at 8. Petrino left the UofL in much worse shape than Fedora left UNC.

Reactions: Archer2
Now that the New Math people in sports programming have given us Week 0, we are ready for Week 1.

All game times are Eastern.

Thursday night, GT is at Clemson on the ACCN. It should prove a slaughter as GT does not have the tools to run the offense Collins runs.

Friday night, Utah St is at Wake on the ACCN. The old is new with the blue Aggies as Gary Anderson returns for a second stint. This is a big season opener for Wake because the Aggies were 11-2 last year.

On Saturday, ECU is at Moo. Noon kickoff on the ACCN.

Dook plays Bama in the Chick-Fil-A and should serve as a nice practice dummy. The game is on ABC at 3:30.

At 4 on the ACCN, we can see if VT is imploding. The Hokies travel to BC.

If you are a fan of either things orange or Jerry Falwell, you can search ESPN+ for Syracuse at Liberty at 6.

FSU gets to show its progress against Boise St. The game, played in Jacksonville, is on ESPN at 7.

At 7:30 on the ACCN, we have an important Coastal battle. UVA, picked by some to win the division this year, travels to last year's Coastal champ Pitt.

On Monday night, ND faces the cards in Louisville. The game is on ESPN at 8. Petrino left the UofL in much worse shape than Fedora left UNC.

I would love for ECU to beat state in Raleigh...

I would love for ECU to beat state in Raleigh...
That would make Houston an instant success. Beating us last year was beating a team playing dead. But Moo is coming off 5 consecutive winning seasons, the last 2 with 9 Wins.

If ECU wins, I expect a couple of Pack Priders to come up with creative ways to explain how John Swofford is responsible.

Reactions: Archer2
Is Taggart's seat hot yet with the FSU big donors? That collapse at home to a non-P5 team after failing to make a bowl cannot inspire confidence. Boise St gained 600 yards total offense. Over the last quarter and a half, the FSU offense looked brain dead as well as lethargic.

Fuente also may be placed on a hot seat after losing to BC. VT's D still sucks, and VT got nothing from its RBs.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Wow, I didn't see the VA Tech score until now. There is no excuse for them to lose to BC.

I never liked FSU, but I do feel bad for Taggert. Based on multiple reports, he inherited a toxic situation after Jimbo left for Texas A&M. He had a potential game-changer QB recruit in Sam Howell, but he eventually left (thankfully) for UNC. So now he's stuck with Blackmon, who I've never been that high on. It's a tough situation for him to be in right now.

Go Cardinals tonight. I like Satterfield, and hope he does well except not better than us or against us of course.
I think he'll get Louisville back on track, but not this year. Petrino left a demoralized, undisciplined team that lacks depth and proven star talent.

This Louisville team looks nothing like the basket case that was last year's team. This team can be dangerous to everybody but Clemson.

Satterfield is the real deal.

I'm fine if ND loses every time they play an ACC team*. Those golden-domed bitches need to either join us completely or get the hell out.

*except for moo (and dook)

Amen to both. Not sure why they don’t join. I mean it’s an easier path to the playoffs. They can still play usc every year.

Amen to both. Not sure why they don’t join. I mean it’s an easier path to the playoffs. They can still play usc every year.
They will go full member eventually. Most of their football people (not the fans slobbering about the tradition of never playing for a football conference championship) know that the program would be served well by competing for league titles. But those football people have to overcome the rich boosters who want to remain out in the cold.

ND football used to be defined most by refusing to play in bowls. They ended that tradition just 3 years after winning a National Championship without going to a bowl, because they knew the change was needed and long overdue. By the time they played Texas in the Cotton Bowl that first time, virtually no ND fans were still threatening to boycott. And then playing in bowls immediately became an extremely important part of ND football tradition.

Playing a full ACC schedule will work the same way.

I listened to willie taggart talk the other day he doesn’t seem to be the most intelligent coach I’ve ever heard. He sounds like someone but I cannot think of who right now maybe later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT