ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde article

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
I dislike Pat Forde. he has a long history of poking at the ACC, and far from just ACC football. He also rather clearly seems to dislike UNC more than an other ACC member. Forde is like Dennis Dodd 2.0 in that.

But I recommend Forde's new article. His second paragraph: "America’s basketball bedrock league has become America’s most interesting football league. And maybe its most successful football league, too."

Forde praises the decision to not merely have ND play the full league slate tis year, but to play without divisions, so the two top teams meet in the Championship. He stops short of asserting that the ACC should make that permanent.

On GameDay, David Pollack said that all leagues need to end divisions to maximize scheduling flexibility, to improve picking for playoffs.

Again, the ACC has led the way. Again, Swofford is the guy who knows best, for all of college sports.

The group clearly wants a larger number of OOC games between P5s. For years, I've said that UNC's ideal OOC slate would be 1 Name Brand P5 (Bama, Florida, LSU, Texas, OU, Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, SC, etc); 1 non-Name Brand P5 (Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Vandy, Ole Miss, Arkansas, SoCar, TCU, Baylor, UCLA, KU etc); 1 G5 that is typically competitive (UCF, USF, Cincy, Memphis, Houston, SMU, BYU, Marshall, FL Atlantic, etc.); 1 game vs. either a 1AA or a typicaly weaker G5 (Rice, UTEP, UTSA, Lou-Monroe, Texas St, South AL, etc.).

I think what is coming is that if you have not beaten at least 1 P5 OOC, you will not get into playoffs or NYD 6.

Yeah, I think the ACC has handled the Wuflu as well as any other league. TBT, I had doubts the season would play out. I doubt we’ll be able to do that in basketball. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT