ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama vs Carolina sweet 16 game thread on Thursday 28 March 2024 in LA

You recruit a PG like EC to be a PG.

And then don’t play him the last 16 mins?
Fking criminal. Will anybody have the balls to ask Hubert about his idiotic sub patterns? Let’s give paxson and wojcik more minutes than they got in about 5 cumulative blowout games this year.

If I was ex and Trimble I’d be so pissed - and questioning wtf is going on. This is how you lose guys. You freaking moron hubs.

Reactions: JDisaheelfan
I would pack my shit and tell Hubert to go f himself if I was EC. 5* point guard on the bench the whole last half of the game.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
All this Hubert needs to be fired bs is stupid on steroids! Yeah we missed a dunk at the end and that Withers shot, well that was horrible, but besides that it was a fantastic game that we just happen to lose. Nothing more nothing less yet you bunch of asshole want Hubert fired? SMH. Damn!
Never said fire him but he needs to answer his substitution pattern questions that was horrible

I'm guessing (but definitely not agreeing) that EC and Trimble on the floor allowed Nelson to camp in the lane and eliminate drives and Bacot so Hubert took em out and forgot about them.

I'm also guessing that Withers got put in late to stop Nelson and rebound, which he did initially, resulting in going from down 5 to up 2.

Bacot's missed dunk, Withers 3, and Withers soft ass foul resulting in an and-1 were too much to overcome.

Stop me if you've heard this before but, length and athleticism really hurt us.

Maybe we should get some length and athleticism.

Last edited:
A dunk a missed wide open layup and RJ having a rough game shooting so there is plenty of blame going around , Sears did not hurt the team but Griffin and Nelson and they were covered by Davis and Mando so again there are many that had a tough night…

Reactions: Heelicious
Wit was in the game because he was our best matchup on Nelson
Pax was in the game because it gave us our best spacing on O and he did very well on D

But… EC should have played more for sure

But… RJ has to hit 1 three pointer & Bacot can’t have back to back mistakes & Withers good gracious son WHY

We are up 3’with the ball right? At that point, I don’t care. No shots outside the paint. None. Layups dunks or free throws. It’s not that hard. And bring in ec if it takes that to get into peoples heads. How tf do we get to withers jacking a 3 in that scenario? He may as well have been playing for Alabama last 2 minutes.

Nelson lit Bacot up in the second half- plain and simple. EC and Trimble picking splinters late- ridiculous.

We are up 3 with the ball right? At that point, I don’t care. No shots outside the paint. None. Layups dunks or free throws. It’s not that hard. And bring in ec if it takes that to get into peoples heads. How tf do we get to withers jacking a 3 in that scenario? He may as well have been playing for Alabama last 2

Question of the night
Because hubcap is a fng idiot as a HC .. I can't remember when I've seen a worst coached game. I wonder if Brad Brownell would like to hit the transfer portal. Wouldn't surprise me to see EC hit the portal after this shit show. This one is 100% on the UNC coaching staff and as a fan I'm embarrassed for such a shitty coaching performance.

Because hubcap is a fng idiot as a HC .. I can't remember when I've seen a worst coached game. I wonder if Brad Brownell would like to hit the transfer portal. Wouldn't surprise me to see EC hit the portal after this shit show. This one is 100% on the UNC coaching staff and as a fan I'm embarrassed for such a shitty coaching performance.
*and on RJ Davis shooting 4-20 and 0-9 from 3.

Don’t say that about EC you will get called out

Hubert’s game plan was beyond pathetic. Alabama repeatedly got the shots and matchups they wanted and we had to settle for three pointers by EC, Trimble, Woj and Withers. How about we actually hire a head coach that isn’t still trying to figure things out. Hubert’s 53 - he is who he is at this point.

Ouch finished with 8
Still - all year I felt like all our perimeter guys shot best when ec passed to them or at least moved the ball. Way too much rj iso ball and him having to dribble and try to create open shots. He can - but those are way harder than catch and shoot open shots - for rj or anyone.

Reactions: thompsjj and RP12
I know all the attention will be on Hubert. Some will be on RJ.

But Bama had a 6’11” ultra skilled big who can put the ball on the floor that we had no answer for. Granted he went 2-2 from 3 and shoots 27% so some bad luck.

But if UNC wants to truly get back to having championship teams… it needs to get some 6’8” long dudes who are better than Withers.

He sucks as a big game coach. You think he had a good game plan tonight????
No I thought he had a great game plan! Encouraging EC to shoot early instilled a lot of confidence in him and, most importantly, it help relaxed the team tremendously. Additionally, not having EC in the game was another good decision by Hubert; EC would’ve been left on an island and it would’ve been pretty! The missed dunk and Withers 3 attemp is what made the diff at the end, not Coach Hubert Davis.

We lost! Move on’n

Still - all year I felt like all our perimeter guys shot best when ec passed to them or at least moved the ball. Way too much rj iso ball and him having to dribble and try to create open shots. He can - but those are way harder than catch and shoot open shots - for rj or anyone.
Yeah was just referring to notashelbyfan had him under 7.5 points

No I thought he had a great game plan! Encouraging EC to shoot early instilled a lot of confidence in him and, most importantly, it help relaxed the team tremendously. Additionally, not having EC in the game was another good decision by Hubert; EC would’ve been left on an island and it would’ve been pretty! The missed dunk and Withers 3 attemp is what made the diff at the end, not Coach Hubert Davis.

We lost! Move on’n
Davis didn’t help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT