ADVERTISEMENT

Poast your favorite tweets here

Hey Eddie. Is a Takamine a good enough guitar? Thanks.
Good enough for what? They're a reputable import company that has been around for years. Garth Brooks played them! I think Glen Frey did. A lot of people have. Seems like they were innovative with pickup systems in acoustic guitars for large, live performances.

Good enough for what? They're a reputable import company that has been around for years. Garth Brooks played them! I think Glen Frey did. A lot of people have. Seems like they were innovative with pickup systems in acoustic guitars for large, live performances.
Thanks Eddie. I’m looking to purchase an acoustic for my nephew. He’s starting his own band. Someone recommended that brand. Seems expensive but maybe worth it huh.

Last edited:
Thanks Eddie. I’m looking to purchase an acoustic for my nephew. He’s starting his own band. Someone recommended that brand. Seems expensive but maybe worth it huh.
I don't deal with new instruments at all. I never have, really. I was always into the older stuff- the used, old, vintage, worn-in guitars. When I got my first real electric guitar, I had to beg my mom to let me buy the old one I saw in a pawn shop and not a new one from the music store in Rocky Mount. I did NOT want a new guitar! It was my money I had saved, but she didn't trust pawn shops. The pawn shop had the cool, old guitars. My cousin had given me an old album - Rolling Stones: Got Live If You Want It! and it had Brian Jones playing a 1960's Gibson Firebird. I didn't even know what it was, just that it was a Gibson, it was "old", and Jones was playing it, and the pawn shop had one that looked like it and it was $220. It was beat-up, too! This was like 1981. I had $253 saved. I give my dad props. He said "It's his money. Let him buy what he wants."

GotLive.jpg

It looked very much like this:

fire1.JPG

I digress...

Takamine is reputable. They've always been pretty popular with acoustic players, especially if you wanted one for live performance. Ovation and Takamine were the best options when I was playing out, professionally, in bands. Nowadays, I guess they all have pickup systems that are comparable. But, Takamine has survived over 50 years. Here's a good link from Reverb.com:

Reactions: toophly1124
he’ll be a guest speaker at the rnc convention and come on right after the lawyer couple that pulled guns on the blm protesters.

lol - "pulled guns on BLM protesters".

How about, "they were playing with guns at their private residence when BLM agitators - who weren't supposed to be there - showed up?" That's probably how I would say the same thing you just said.

lol - "pulled guns on BLM protesters".

How about, "they were playing with guns at their private residence when BLM agitators - who weren't supposed to be there - showed up?" That's probably how I would say the same thing you just said.

So they were already in their yard playing with guns when the agitators showed up? Okay fair enough. I thought they came out with their guns after the protestors showed up. That certainly paints a different pic.

So they were already in their yard playing with guns when the agitators showed up? Okay fair enough. I thought they came out with their guns after the protestors showed up. That certainly paints a different pic.
I'm not sure I understand the difference that it makes whether they were already out with their weapons or came out with them once they perceived a threat from people who invaded and were trespassing in their private neighborhood. One of the most legitimate uses of a weapon is self-defense, so where exactly was their crime?

As the arrested victim points out, the actual lawbreakers...the people who broke into the neighborhood...haven't suffered any sort of official incrimination. Isn't this all perfectly ass-backwards?

No. I’m not saying that. I don’t know if they were or weren’t. But that doesn’t make any difference to me. If I’m in my yard, do whatever I want to do, I can’t be threatening anyone, certainly not trespassers.

I'm not sure I understand the difference that it makes whether they were already out with their weapons or came out with them once they perceived a threat from people who invaded and were trespassing in their private neighborhood. One of the most legitimate uses of a weapon is self-defense, so where exactly was their crime?

As the arrested victim points out, the actual lawbreakers...the people who broke into the neighborhood...haven't suffered any sort of official incrimination. Isn't this all perfectly ass-backwards?

Right?!! If the couple lives in an apt on a public street and “protesters” came by and you started brandishing firearms, maybe. But even then, you could make the argument you were just getting in what you consider “position to defend yourself”. And that should fly when you point out the scars of situations across the country that have turned violent.

This is 100% a witch hunt. I hope they end up suing somebody for a lot.

Right?!! If the couple lives in an apt on a public street and “protesters” came by and you started brandishing firearms, maybe. But even then, you could make the argument you were just getting in what you consider “position to defend yourself”. And that should fly when you point out the scars of situations across the country that have turned violent.

This is 100% a witch hunt. I hope they end up suing somebody for a lot.
I hope the DA gets her balls handed to her...on her way out to find another job.

I haven’t accused them of a crime. I said they pulled guns on the protesters. If that’s inaccurate then I take it back. They were in their yard with guns as protestors went by their house. Is that accurate? The point is that they were invited to speak at the rnc. I find that funny. But I agree they did nothing wrong.

No. I’m not saying that. I don’t know if they were or weren’t. But that doesn’t make any difference to me. If I’m in my yard, do whatever I want to do, I can’t be threatening anyone, certainly not trespassers.

There’s no hill for me to die on here. I don’t care either. They did nothing wrong. It was portrayed they threatened protestors with guns. But really what I saw showed me nothing wrong except maybe bad fashion choices.

Watched this game from our dorm's common space, I was a freshman in college very early into my first semester. One kid's brother was FDNY and died on 9/11 and it was super emotional. This is the most united our country has been in probably 50 years.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Watched this game from our dorm's common space, I was a freshman in college very early into my first semester. One kid's brother was FDNY and died on 9/11 and it was super emotional. This is the most united our country has been in probably 50 years.
The ESPN documentary on that pitch is pretty good. Hell of a pitch by Bush too.

Reactions: dadika13
The ESPN documentary on that pitch is pretty good. Hell of a pitch by Bush too.

Yup, hell of a pitch. Apparently he was a good baseball player in HS and H.W. was captain of Yale's baseball team so it was a good situation to have a former athlete for the pitch.

I also remember the night we killed Bin Laden when spontaneous chants of "USA" broke out during baseball games across the country. Stuff like that gives you chills.

Reactions: tarheel0910
We were so very fortunate to have Dubya as our President when 9/11 happened. He was brilliant in his response. His whole first term was defined by it and was a tremendous success.
Is this a joke? How many American and Iraqi lives were lost because we pointed guns at Iraq for no reason (no WMD) instead of focusing on Afganistan (where Al queda and bin laden were known to be hiding)?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT