ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting Carolina’s uni for the gamecocks

South Carolina will likely be wearing this combo for Game 1. Skip to 1:28 in the video below to see the uniforms

looks like a bad UGa knockoff. Carl's Jr has some of the worst Uniforms in the game.

They are identical replicas to the exact uniforms we wore in the 1984 season. If they look like UGA's current uniforms to you, well, we had them first.

Also, I don't really get the comparison. UGA has no shoulder stripes, no slogan like "Gamecocks" on the chest, even their lettering and font are different. UGA just has plain red jerseys with the number on the front. How does this objectively look like UGA to you?

They are identical replicas to the exact uniforms we wore in the 1984 season. If they look like UGA's current uniforms to you, well, we had them first.

Also, I don't really get the comparison. UGA has no shoulder stripes, no slogan like "Gamecocks" on the chest, even their lettering and font are different. UGA just has plain red jerseys with the number on the front. How does this objectively look like UGA to you?
I said they look like a bad knock off. They look worse.

B7A9oT2IcAEHBTk.jpg

photos.medleyphoto.10604903.jpg

Reactions: UNC71-00
I said they look like a bad knock off. They look worse.

B7A9oT2IcAEHBTk.jpg

photos.medleyphoto.10604903.jpg

Why did you use a shitty looking mock up of the Carolina uniforms? Use this one:

EB4rP-_XsAEnCpa

So USC is copying Georgia because the jerseys are..... black? What?

You do know that USC's school colors are BLACK and garnet, yes? UGA's colors are white and red. If anything, they're the ones stealing it because black isn't even a color of theirs. Besides, as I already said, the jerseys look nothing alike anyways, and these new USC uniforms are replicas from the 80's, well before UGA wore black jerseys. So get off it.

Why did you use a shitty looking mock up of the Carolina uniforms? Use this one:

EB4rP-_XsAEnCpa

You do know that USC's school colors are BLACK and garnet, yes? UGA's colors are white and red. If anything, they're the ones stealing it. Black isn't even a school color for christ's sake. Besides, the jerseys look nothing alike anyways, and as I said, these new USC uniforms are replicas from the 80's, well before UGA wore black jerseys. So get off it.
Listen, I am sorry you have shit Uniforms and school colors. At least you have multiple 1st round DL draft picks to fall back on.

Listen, I am sorry you have shit Uniforms and school colors. At least you have multiple 1st round DL draft picks to fall back on.

I'm sorry you don't like the colors black and garnet. My only point is that those are our school colors, not UGA's. And these exact jerseys were around decades before the black UGA jerseys existed, so it's impossible that it's a cheap knock off. Ours were around first.

Our uniforms are considered some of the best in the game by objective observers. There's no need to be upset that we actually have a brand that people like.

Oh yeah, everyone knows about those famed "objective observers". Those guys are so objective, and so reputable!

IMO, argyle looks great on UNC basketball jerseys. They really stand out there, and work because basketball is an indoor sport that is relatively clean. But on football jerseys? Hideous. I get it's your school brand, but football is a game of grit, grime, and dirt. Wearing argyle, a symbol of posh, elite, royal leisure, just looks out of place on a football field. The fact that your colors are baby blue and white makes the argyle look even more out of place. It's just not intimidating at all. You look like you're there to look fancy and walk down a runway, not bury a running back in the dirt. I'm sorry, they just look out of place to me.

USCjr's logo looks like Foghorn Leghorn botched an abortion. Not sure where you numbnuts get off criticizing one of the most recognizable brands in college athletics.
I think you've hit on something here with the brand observation. It really explains why lil carolina fans are so irritable. They have no brand outside of south carolina. When someone says Carolina people think UNC. When someone says USC people think southern California. The only thing they are left with is gamecocks. No one knows who the gamecocks are. They don't even have a unique color scheme.

That leaves actual accomplishments. Their football and basketball history is average at best. They have some good baseball history, but the average fan doesn't pay much attention to college baseball. So what exactly does that leave? They are in the SEC? Hey look at us, we're a historically average SEC football team who is ranked a couple of times a decade. That's a pretty pathetic brand.

They don't even have a unique color scheme.

Uhhhh name another team whose school colors are black and garnet. That isn't unique enough for you?

I can name you a ton of white and blue teams though.

And yeah, I'm sure your 2-9 dumper fire really has a much better football reputation than USC right now. Lol. Still waiting on any team from lil Carolina to beat the real Carolina this millenium. None of you (ECU, UNC, NCSU) have done it since the 90's, and you sit here and talk about which Carolina has a better reputation. Obviously none of you can beat Clemson, and none of you can beat us either. Tells me all I need to know about who is on top.

Uhhhh name another team whose school colors are black and garnet. That isn't unique enough for you?

I can name you a ton of white and blue teams though.
Garnet isn't a special color. Black isn't a special color. There is literally a color called Carolina blue. There isn't another college with our color. But, I'll let you have that one and we can make your brand "We are the Garnet and Red school." That's a great brand.

Garnet isn't a special color. Black isn't a special color. There is literally a color called Carolina blue. There isn't another college with our color. But, I'll let you have that one and we can make your brand "We are the Garnet and Red school." That's a great brand.

Carolina blue? Looks like regular baby blue to me. Ooooh, scary. I believe in new york, they call the exact same color "yankee blue", which is the color the Tennessee Titans wear.

Yes, you can slap your name on a very common color and act like it's special to you. It's not. It's just sky blue. Lots of teams wear blue and white. No teams wear garnet and black except for USC.

Carolina blue? Looks like regular baby blue to me. Ooooh, scary. I believe in new york, they call the exact same color "yankee blue", which is the color the Tennessee Titans wear.

Yes, you can slap your name on a very common color and act like it's special to you. It's not. It's just sky blue. Lots of teams wear blue and white. No teams wear garnet and black except for USC.
Do your homework.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_blue

Yeah, I know you trademarked it and whatever. Doesn't change what I said.

It's still just sky blue. Cyan. Yankee blue. Whatever you want to call it. It's not special, sorry.
Not surprisingly you don't understand how colors work. Each color is assigned a CMYK, color space and a hex code. Not one single college team uses that color. Garnet is used by a shit ton of teams, FSU's unis being the best of all of them. Even more schools use black. Your school colors aren't special.

Why are you even in this thread talking shit? It was bad enough you came in guns blazing in the game thread, now you want to bring your self righteousness into other threads? Just go back to the lil carolina board and talk shit over there.

Reactions: TarHeelMark

EB4rP-_XsAEnCpa

You do know that USC's school colors are BLACK and garnet, yes? UGA's colors are white and red. If anything, they're the ones stealing it because black isn't even a color of theirs. Besides, as I already said, the jerseys look nothing alike anyways, and these new USC uniforms are replicas from the 80's, well before UGA wore black jerseys. So get off it.
Black is an official UGA color. White may not be official.

Reactions: tarheel0910

In NY, anybody who says 'Yankee Blue' is referring to the NY Yankees.

Do you mean Columbia Blue? The color for Columbia is a variant of pre-Victorian Scottish blue - the color you see as war paint in the film Braveheart. The large number of early settlers in NC who were from Scotland probably is the reason that shades of light blue/sky blue were popular in the colony and then later the state.

Reactions: Raising Heel

It’s like you enjoy being wrong. Willfully, woefully wrong. The Tennessee Titans use the same blue color as the franchise did when they were the Houston Oilers. It’s Columbia blue, like @WoadBlue said. Bud Adams picked it out himself and they created a whole “Love Ya Blue” campaign around it in the 1970s.

Nor is Carolina blue common color. When viewers turn on their TV and see it, they know immediately they’re watching Carolina sports. When they turn on a USCjr game, they’re like, “Who?” Your athletics program has a lack of identity that borders on tragic.

Last edited:
Why are you even in this thread talking shit? It was bad enough you came in guns blazing in the game thread, now you want to bring your self righteousness into other threads?

There you heels go again with your straw men. Acting like I'm the hostile one. All I did in my first post was inform you all of what USC is going to be wearing. No smack, no jabs at you. You all were the ones to respond with your snarky comments about how it somehow was ripping off UGA and that our school has no uniqueness and our logo and colors suck.

Don't push this on me trying to derail a thread. I am not the one who started shit here.

different thread, same problem

Maybe if you all just let my harmless post sit, informing you all of what the Gamecocks were wearing, and not start talking smack to me about how my school has crappy uniforms and crappy colors, you wouldn't have started this problem on another thread. I'm not to blame for this one.

There you heels go again with your straw men. Acting like I'm the hostile one. All I did in my first post was inform you all of what USC is going to be wearing. No smack, no jabs at you. You all were the ones to respond with your snarky comments about how it somehow was ripping off UGA and that our school has no uniqueness and our logo and colors suck.

Don't push this on me trying to derail a thread. I am not the one who started shit here.
This is a UNC board. We can talk shit all we want. It's your job as a visiting poster to not be an ass no matter how many people take shots at you. Just because you started shit in another thread doesn't mean it doesn't carry over to this thread. I wouldn't go to another board and talk shit, because I have some common sense. You clearly don't understand how things work, so please leave and come back when you learn how shit works. TIA

Reactions: Raising Heel
This is a UNC board. We can talk shit all we want. It's your job as a visiting poster to not be an ass no matter how many people take shots at you. Just because you started shit in another thread doesn't mean it doesn't carry over to this thread. I wouldn't go to another board and talk shit, because I have some common sense. You clearly don't understand how things work, so please leave and come back when you learn how shit works. TIA

Is that how this works? I am on Gamecock boards, and the rule there is unless a poster from another fan base is taking shots at you, you don't really have the right to gang up and relentlessly take shots at them just because they're a fan from a different team.

I come in peace here. I was just informing you all of what the Gamecocks were wearing. You didn't have to get all chippy with me, but you decided to. Not my fault you started it.

Maybe if you all just let my harmless post sit, informing you all of what the Gamecocks were wearing, and not start talking smack to me about how my school has crappy uniforms and crappy colors, you wouldn't have started this problem on another thread. I'm not to blame for this one.

Maybe if your school didn’t have crappy uniforms and crappy colors we wouldn’t have to talk smack about them.

Is that how this works? I am on Gamecock boards, and the rule there is unless a poster from another fan base is taking shots at you, you don't really have the right to gang up and relentlessly take shots at them just because they're a fan from a different team.

I come in peace here. I was just informing you all of what the Gamecocks were wearing. You didn't have to get all chippy with me, but you decided to. Not my fault you started it.
You came on this board taking shots. Just because you took them in a different thread doesn't mean it doesn't carry over. If you would have came in peace in the other thread people wouldn't be coming at you. Instead you wanted to come to our board tell us how stupid we are to think we might win and how your NFL caliber defense is going to destroy us. Just leave already. Nobody wants you here because you are acting like an asshole on another team's board.

You came on this board taking shots. Just because you took them in a different thread doesn't mean it doesn't carry over. If you would have came in peace in the other thread people wouldn't be coming at you. Instead you wanted to come to our board tell us how stupid we are to think we might win and how your NFL caliber defense is going to destroy us. Just leave already. Nobody wants you here because you are acting like an asshole on another team's board.

So you all have the automatic right to talk smack to me and it's my fault for derailing the thread, just because I talked smack on a completely different thread one time? That makes absolutely no sense.

We were talking smack in a different thread. That doesn't mean any smack you guys throw at me in other threads is my fault. I demonstrated in this thread that i was merely trying to just pass along friendly information, and you all decided to talk smack at me anyways. That shit is not my fault.

So you all have the automatic right to talk smack to me and it's my fault for derailing the thread, just because I talked smack on a completely different thread one time? That makes absolutely no sense.

We were talking smack in a different thread. That doesn't mean any smack you guys throw at me in other threads is my fault. I demonstrated in this thread that i was merely trying to just pass along friendly information, and you all decided to talk smack at me anyways. That shit is not my fault.
First impressions matter. You came to this board and earned the asshole label because of the way you posted. You don't get a do over just because you post in a different thread. Especially if you continue to act like an asshole in the first thread. If it's so miserable here just leave. At this point you are just coming off as a troll and every time you respond, it continues to give people a bad impression of you.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT