ADVERTISEMENT

Question in regards to Hurricane

Sep 11, 2007
UCF fan here. There is a few members on our premium board saying cancel the UNC / UCF game now, a hurricane is coming. Historically speaking, when and if have you cancelled a game due to weather? BTW, I remain on the optimistic side because I think it will turn and not directly affect Chapel Hill but also because Chapel Hill is like 150 miles from the coastline and hurricanes disintegrated over land. Your feelings?

Last edited:
All 3 local schools UNC, Duke, and NC State played home games two years ago in 2016 during a very bad storm I forget the name. But at the same time Florida and I believe Miami had canceled games because of that same storm. That may give you some in sight. Really I think the 3 games should have been called off that day. That storm was no joke and I live 100 miles in land. UNC was playing VA Tech and NC State was playing Notre Dame. Forgot who Duke played but they were definitely at home that day. All 3 games were played that day

Reactions: UCF87 and jackfs
We have had some storms over the years that have flooded out even as far inland as Raleigh in the past. So don't think that the storms aren't capable of wreaking havoc in Chapel Hill.

Reactions: jackfs
All 3 local schools UNC, Duke, and NC State played home games two years ago in 2016 during a very bad storm I forget the name. But at the same time Florida and I believe Miami had canceled games because of that same storm. That may give you some in sight. Really I think the 3 games should have been called off that day. That storm was no joke and I live 100 miles in land. UNC was playing VA Tech and NC State was playing Notre Dame. Forgot who Duke played but they were definitely at home that day. All 3 games were played that day
Hurricane Matthew caused major problems before, during, and after the game. No question that game should not have been played that day. Hurricanes in NC are not to be taken lightly even pretty far inland. Floyd and Fran were devastating for many parts of NC.

UCF fan here. There is a few members on our premium board saying cancel the UNC / UCF game now, a hurricane is coming. Historically speaking, when and if have you cancelled a game due to weather? BTW, I remain on the optimistic side because I think it will turn and not directly affect Chapel Hill but also because Chapel Hill is like 150 miles from the coastline and hurricanes disintegrated over land. Your feelings?
You want to play that game even if the eye passes over Chapel Hill at halftime. You are guaranteed a fat W against a P5 team on the road.

Last time we played in a hurricane our dumb ass coach tried to throw it all over the yard like he was playing in a dome.

Last time we played in a hurricane our dumb ass coach tried to throw it all over the yard like he was playing in a dome.
After one of those pass plays, with the receivers all slipping around and the wind whipping the ball, the camera zoomed in on Trubisky's face, and it looked to me like he was disgusted with more than the fact that he could not make it work in those conditions.

To make Fedora's case - what else could we do that day? Hood was not close to 100%, and I think Logan was a bit gimpy that day. And we weren't going to run Trubisky as if he were a wishbone QB.

The problem was institutional: Fedora had neglected RB recruiting and developing because of his obsession with, first, running the QB, Marquise, more than any RB and second with placating Trubisky to keep him from transferring.

In doing the first, Fedora made Trubisky's starter days more difficult and Trubisky's succession nigh impossible.

Someone on that team had ran the football before in high school elementary school middle school somebody could have run the ball surely somebody

Hurricane Hugo came as far inland as Gastonia(20 minutes west of Charlotte) and reaked holy hell! so yes Chapel Hill could definitely feel the brunt of a hurricane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT