ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (OK game)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. He’s been one of our best rebounding guards.
I literally said that in the post. "best rebounding guard" doesn't make you a good rebounder across all positions. Guards aren't on the floor for their rebounding. Flip brings a lot more defense and rebounding than RJ

You're the one who's hitting the throttle on that. If you can't take a very mild joke without attacking a fellow poster, something is wrong with you.
here's an idea for you. Don't bring politics into a discussion NOT about politics. Don't even insinuate politics. Controversy and a good measure of impropriety avoided. See how simple that is? Duh huh?

You're the one who's hitting the throttle on that. If you can't take a very mild joke without attacking a fellow poster, something is wrong with you.
I hit, huh? I didn't stupidly make a leap into politics in a basketball thread. You're obviously eaten up with it so much you couldn't keep it out of this. Also, we're not fellow anything. I share no kinship with you because I have posted on Radar or anywhere else before. It's weird of you to think we do.

I literally said that in the post. "best rebounding guard" doesn't make you a good rebounder across all positions. Guards aren't on the floor for their rebounding. Flip brings a lot more defense and rebounding than RJ
lol u are cherry picking. You also said if you just look at his scoring only. lol why should anyone do that if he’s a very good rebounder? Just a weird argument in general is my point.

Dude. This wasn't about individual praise or not. It was about a quick team analysis and a few notes Sorry if I don't cover everybody to suit you in a late night post. I don't get paid for this sh**.

And BTW, I know what I see and I know wtf I'm talking about, but hey, if you'd like me to stop doing these, I have a lot on my plate these days, so trust me,,I'll be MORE than happy to oblige.
As for me I wouldn’t say I’d “LIKE you to stop doing these”, I’m more in the “i don’t give a rats ass what an auburn fan does and if you want to leave I’ll hold the door” camp. Roll tide

• Haha
Reactions: uncboy10
Y'all sure do get triggered easily! I simply ignore those who seem to make my experience less fun! I also love to debate many peeps on here even though there are plenty I seldom agree with.

G-7 is one of the best elements on this site. Why would anyone on here even mention having an agenda since everyone who is willing to spend time on here must have an agenda! I would hope the agenda is to support the Heels, but it is clear that some feel the opposite. I argued with G-7 about JB for a good long time but I eventually had to get onboard. This is why I give him some slack this time, even though I disagree with the idea that Hubs should have given EC the keys on Day 1! I think Hubs got the timing correct, but I also agree that EC will be pivotal in how far we go!

OK. You won't have to worry about it anymore.
AMF.
Nobody cares Gary….You talk down on people that disagree with you and you pick players that are your favorites….Fact is you are not a Tar Heel…You like UNC Basketball…With that said close the door on the way out…

I get upset when UNC loses in anything….

I am Tar Heel born and bred and when I die I will be a Tar Heel Dead…

All y’all Bama and Auburn or Ohio State etc football fans piss off…You are not Tar Heel Fans…

• Sad
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Nobody cares Gary….You talk down on people that disagree with you and you pick players that are your favorites….Fact is you are not a Tar Heel…You like UNC Basketball…With that said close the door on the way out…

All y’all Bama and Auburn or Ohio State etc football fans piss off…You are not Tar Heel Fans…
How do you get to speak for everybody? Some care. How 'bout if you don't like what he, or anybody else for that matter, has to say, just move on to the next thread. Don't open his threads if you don't like the content. Problem solved.

How do you get to speak for everybody? Some care. How 'bout if you don't like what he, or anybody else for that matter, has to say, just move on to the next thread. Don't open his threads if you don't like the content. Problem solved.
Not speaking for everyone…Speaking as a Tar Heel…how do you speak for me…I can post on any thread on this board and express my opinion…With that said you know where you can go 2….

Reactions: Ozheelfan
I enjoy Gary's posts. I don't always agree on everything, but, hell, I don't always agree with myself. He may have "favorite players" but don't we all. He does the best he can analyzing what went on. No one should really worry if they differ or if he has a strong opinion.

lol u are cherry picking. You also said if you just look at his scoring only. lol why should anyone do that if he’s a very good rebounder? Just a weird argument in general is my point.
He's not a good rebounder overall; just for his size.. Flip literally gets TRIPLE the rebounds he gets. This isn't complicated but you seemingly aren't reading my posts. Please try to or there's nothing else to say here.

Not speaking for everyone…Speaking as a Tar Heel…how do you speak for me…I can post on any thread on this board and express my opinion…With that said you know where you can go 2….

You said nobody cares, that’s speaking for others. I would bet more people care than don’t. I enjoy his post game analysis also even though I don’t agree with everything he says. I think the personal attacks on his takes say more about the person responding than it does about Gary.

Y'all sure do get triggered easily! I simply ignore those who seem to make my experience less fun! I also love to debate many peeps on here even though there are plenty I seldom agree with.

G-7 is one of the best elements on this site. Why would anyone on here even mention having an agenda since everyone who is willing to spend time on here must have an agenda! I would hope the agenda is to support the Heels, but it is clear that some feel the opposite. I argued with G-7 about JB for a good long time but I eventually had to get onboard. This is why I give him some slack this time, even though I disagree with the idea that Hubs should have given EC the keys on Day 1! I think Hubs got the timing correct, but I also agree that EC will be pivotal in how far we go!
I don't get it. Oversensitivity is the new pandemic. We aren't even going toe to toe here, it's just words on a screen. Like what you like and dislike what you don't agree with, and celebrate the idea that we can all have our own opinions and share them so freely.

When I see someone I'm at odds with, I'll say so and expect a rebuke in return. Where's the problem?

I haven't been here enough to have an opinion on various posters, like Gary. But any info is valuable and I couldn't care less where that comes from or who provides it, or whether I agree with it. I'm just happy somebody puts it up there for consideration. It's what we're here for, isn't it?

As for me I wouldn’t say I’d “LIKE you to stop doing these”, I’m more in the “i don’t give a fuking rats ass what an auburn fan does and if you want to leave I’ll hold the door” camp. Roll tide
Simple then… if you really don’t give a…. Then you don’t have to click on or respond to his posts.
I don’t agree with all that Gary puts in to his stuff threads, and I don’t feel like I’m charging to his defence. But I know that after 20yrs of being on this forum I’m sick of reading the schoolyard crap that gets thrown around.
Disagree, debate, but why not keep it civil?

Last edited:

I care. And I also haven’t seen one original thought or addition to the discussions on this board from you or the others who’re trashing one of the only people who does.

Simple then… if you really don’t give a…. Then you don’t have to click on or respond to his posts.
I don’t agree with all that Gary puts in to his stuff threads, and I don’t feel like I’m charging to his defence. But I know that after 20yrs of being on this forum I’m sick of reading the schoolyard crap that gets thrown around.
Disagree, debate, but why not keep it civil?
Well first of all…it’s a joke. But dude if you’ve really been on this forum for 20 years you would, or should, know that NOONE, absolutely 1000% NOONE throws around more “school yard crap” than Gary. And this is crap from a cotdam auburn fan targeting unc fans and sometimes unc players on a unc board. Lol. So don’t go telling me jack about being civil. If the mf’er can’t take it then he shouldn’t dish it out. Same for his supporters.

Yeah, much like any internet argument I know it’s better to not debate this.

Yes, I’ve been on here for 20+ yrs: 2-3yrs lurking and I signed up around 2004.

Yes, I’ve seen the whole Gary drama over the last 10yrs or so.

Yes, I’ve cringed every time he hit back or failed to take the higher ground when he could have either logically explained his viewpoint or left alone the rabid reactions of others

Yes, I strongly appreciate his post game analysis, agree with a lot, learn a lot from them, and disagree some.

Yes, I wish there were more posters here who could contribute meaningful insight - up till last year we had a former player who provided a ton of great reading… I wish he’d come back.

Yes, I get that you and others don’t like Gary, but your last couple of posts haven’t been civil, jokes or not, and our dearly departed moderator, Mike would have had something to say in years past.

Well first of all…it’s a joke. But dude if you’ve really been on this forum for 20 years you would, or should, know that NOONE, absolutely 1000% NOONE throws around more “school yard crap” than Gary. And this is crap from a cotdam auburn fan targeting unc fans and sometimes unc players on a unc board. Lol. So don’t go telling me jack shit about being civil. If the mf’er can’t take it then he shouldn’t dish it out. Same for his supporters.
take it easy on him @Ozheelfan, he's really on edge. I wouldn't mention 'supporters' in any way..

I've alerted the authorities.

15242138.jpg

sorry, I had to.

Yes, I’ve cringed every time he hit back or failed to take the higher ground when he could have either logically explained his viewpoint or left alone the rabid reactions of others

Yes, I strongly appreciate his post game analysis, agree with a lot, learn a lot from them, and disagree some.

Yes, I wish there were more posters here who could contribute meaningful insight - up till last year we had a former player who provided a ton of great reading… I wish he’d come back.

Yes, I get that you and others don’t like Gary, but your last couple of posts haven’t been civil, jokes or not, and our dearly departed moderator, Mike would have had something to say in years past.
Yeah Oz, I think you and I started about the same time, I started with the old GoHeels site, really enjoyed the discussion there, it was respectful and it was really thought provoking.

Man, this post I am replying to, I would buy you a beer for those words because they are absolutely 100% spot on. I would not disagree with a single word of it!

Fair enough. But he won’t get civility from me. He burned that bridge. Burned it, blew it up, rebuilt it, then burned it again. And I can tell you for a fact he made mikes job miserable on here. RIP

• Love
...and another undefeated goes down.

It's late so I'll make this brief:

- The positive that was pretty consistent was way better 20 defense. We switched less and more importantly, we did so more judiciously, avoiding the fatal up-downs that were so damaging last time out.

- with only a few exceptions, the TEAM footwork was WAY better -- help and active hands followed moving feet. On an individual level, Cormac had his best defensive game as a Heel, which means his ankles must be intact. We did however get some guys gassed with resulting lapses due to some odd sub patterns.

- the down side was foolishess of fouling 3-pt shooters at a time when they were otherwise cold

- Moment: Early second half, they're in 2-on-2 spread break and us with no help in sight. EC does what I've yelled so many times --- stopped the ball in open court, forcing an early lateral pass and then Cormac stoned his guy for several dribbles as the cavalry arrived and we get the rock back with no blood. That's how it's done.

- the active feet and hands fueled the transition game, at least early on

- #10 for OK sure as hell got his money's worth. He set more illegal screens than the 5 fouls he picked up for sure...

- Another key moment: only up 6 late and yet another half-court set breaks down and Ingram banks an 18 ft leaner. Dagger

- speaking of sets breaking down, we are just disjointed when Cadeau is on the bench for any length of time (which he was tonight) and we run out of slick set plays and it falls on RJ for hero-ball. That is just not sustainable.

- Finally, we seem SO close to really clicking at times --- a fumble here, not finishing an Assist there, not rolling to the rack when yer supposed to (um, JWash, c'mon, but hey, ya got it right on the second try). After xmas we need to keep up this defensive effort while getting into a conference rhythm with a hopefully less clunky rotation. There's a lotta ceiling left if we can...

Anyway, great way to guard our second home, and cap off a REALLY tough pre-conf schedule!... :cool:
Count me as another appreciates Gary's write-ups. Really hope you continue them as long as you get enjoyment from doing so.

Fair enough. But he won’t get civility from me. He burned that bridge. Burned it, blew it up, rebuilt it, then burned it again. And I can tell you for a fact he made mikes job miserable on here. RIP
pics of him making Mike's job miserable or it didn't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
Language guys. I hate editing your posts but some of the language is oob for this board.
And please remember;

Attack the post...not the poster.

• Love
Let's lock this one and move on to actually discussing the Heels! IIRC, we have an exciting and skilled team that is on the cusp of gelling at just the right moment! How will they fare as they begin their ACC run? Has Hubs learned enough to manage rotations on O and D? Will we see the best of Ryan and Withers? Will High get Increasing PT? Will EC continue his amazingly steep growth curve? Is RJ ACC POY material? Will JWash get any time at 4 and/or will he become the best change of pace backup in the league? What will we get from Seth? Will Okonkwo develop enough to ge PT? How far can Bacot, RJ, and Ryan lead this team?
Dadgum GDTBATH?!

Well first of all…it’s a joke. But dude if you’ve really been on this forum for 20 years you would, or should, know that NOONE, absolutely 1000% NOONE throws around more “school yard crap” than Gary. And this is crap from a cotdam auburn fan targeting unc fans and sometimes unc players on a unc board. Lol. So don’t go telling me jack about being civil. If the mf’er can’t take it then he shouldn’t dish it out. Same for his supporters.
At very least man up to your own words, when hit by your own nonsense you try to say it was just a joke? Geez, strongly doubt there is a single person here that read you say it was a joke that believed you. Man up to your own words because you come off really bad when you are not truthful.

Ah, but don't get upset, it's just a joke, right?

At very least man up to your own words, when hit by your own nonsense you try to say it was just a joke? Geez, strongly doubt there is a single person here that read you say it was a joke that believed you. Man up to your own words because you come off really bad when you are not truthful.

Ah, but don't get upset, it's just a joke, right?

Okay how’s this for manning up? idgaf how I come across to you or anyone. It was a dig at the biggest d-bag this room has ever seen. Kinda like when people respond to your lengthy diatribes with “Tl;dr”. If you don’t recognize that it’s your prob not mine.

Reactions: calvin1234
Okay how’s this for manning up? idgaf how I come across to you or anyone. It was a dig at the biggest d-bag this room has ever seen. Kinda like when people respond to your lengthy diatribes with “Tl;dr”. If you don’t recognize that it’s your prob not mine.
How does it come off, well since you asked it comes off childish...

Yup, I was right; probably should have locked this one already! I could see that it was about to devolve into "I'm rubber; you're glue."

Meanwhile, back at the UNC Tar Heel beat down! Pretty much checked every box I mentioned, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT