ADVERTISEMENT

Radar Offer Board--Updated 4/27/20

Another angle on the ankle break. Close in on Curry's face...

Springer headed to Michigan for OV this weekend. Probably headed to UNC OV during Late Night With Roy. Wow! Heard a rumor but will hold off saying anything right now. Need to dig some more.

Springer headed to Michigan for OV this weekend. Probably headed to UNC OV during Late Night With Roy. Wow! Heard a rumor but will hold off saying anything right now. Need to dig some more.

That's odd. Per 247, he doesn't even have an offer from Michigan. Why would he burn one of his official visits on a school that hasn't offered?

So Todd was on campus I read, was Caleb Love here recently?

Caleb's unofficial was cancelled a few weeks ago because the planned visit was during a "dead period" which is prohibited under the NCAA rules.

Good news is that his OV is the weekend of September 20th. Good chance (my opinion) he commits to the Heels soon after that visit. He posted the following on his Instagram account yesterday.

9407986.png

Caleb's unofficial was cancelled a few weeks ago because the planned visit was during a "dead period" which is prohibited under the NCAA rules.

Good news is that his OV is the weekend of September 20th. Good chance (my opinion) he commits to the Heels soon after that visit. He posted the following on his Instagram account yesterday.

9407986.png
I put a call in to Spielberg. But he said he'd only do it if he was committing to UNC. So we need to find that out.

9407986.png

So, this means - as with many kids - he already knows where he’s going. He’s not employing an editing freelancer to cut a commitment video of himself without clear direction of the final product (school).

But, given that he cancelled his trip to Carolina (no matter the circumstances) how does a tentatively rescheduled trip three weeks from now make you confident that he’s a Heel?

Not coming at you, just curious as to your thought process.

So, this means - as with many kids - he already knows where he’s going. He’s not employing an editing freelancer to cut a commitment video of himself without clear direction of the final product (school).

But, given that he cancelled his trip to Carolina (no matter the circumstances) how does a tentatively rescheduled trip three weeks from now make you confident that he’s a Heel?

Not coming at you, just curious as to your thought process.

The trip was cancelled because it the would have been during the "dead" period and it would have been an NCAA violation. Apparently, no one picked that up until a few days before the visit. Caleb was at the CP3 camp in Winston Salem and it would have been convenience for him to make the trip over to Chapel Hill after the CP3 camp. It was agreed by Roy and the Caleb camp that another visit would be made in August and September.

He has been a UNC fan since he was 6 years old running around the house with a UNC shirt on rooting for UNC to win the the national title in 2009. He is a big fan of Ty Lawson and MJ. His instagram account to covered with MJ pictures.

Of course, this is no guarantee he will commit to the Heels, but most national insiders have him as a heavy lean to the Heels. I think that will happen.

Aso, two other point guards (Cade Cunningham and RJ Davis) are headed to UNC for OV's soon after Love's OV. I think Cade is headed to Oklahoma State, but RJ Davis may commit to the Heels. Caleb needs to jump on the ship first.

Last edited:
The trip was cancelled because it the would have been during the "dead" period and it would have been an NCAA violation. Apparently, no one picked that up until a few days before the visit. Caleb was at the CP3 camp in Winston Salem and it would have been convenience for him to make the trip over to Chapel Hill after the CP3 camp. It was agreed by Roy and the Caleb camp that another visit would be made in August and September.

He has been a UNC fan since he was 6 years old running around the house with a UNC shirt on rooting for UNC to win the the national title in 2009. He is a big fan of Ty Lawson and MJ. His instagram account to covered with MJ pictures.

Of course, this is no guarantee he will commit to the Heels, but most national insiders have him as a heavy lean to the Heels. I think that will happen.

Aso, two other point guards (Cade Cunningham and RJ Davis) are headed to UNC for OV's soon after Love's OV. I think Cade is headed to Oklahoma State, but RJ Davis may commit to the Heels. Caleb needs to jump on the ship first.
I'd be delighted to have both Caleb and RJ. I see no reason to think we'll get Cade.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Springer just cancelled his OV scheduled for Late Night With Roy and said he would concentrate on the other schools on his list.

May not be a popular opinion but I was never a fan. Don't like his game for our system.
That didn't bother me, but I did wonder if he might be too arrogant and cocky. Some is good, too much could be a problem. But I still hoped he'd come here.

crystal ball explodes again .. springer was a lock for UNC but we were slow to offer ….oh well .. Next …..

We really need a difference maker at SG in this class. We lose BRob and Keeling and Platek will be a senior. A guy that can score from the perimeter is critical for this class.

If we miss on Love we might be in some trouble. Zaire abs Brown are spring announcements and if duke pushes on Zaire it’s hard to count K and Them out for anyone. Only worry I have is getting an elite pg

If we miss on Love we might be in some trouble. Zaire abs Brown are spring announcements and if duke pushes on Zaire it’s hard to count K and Them out for anyone. Only worry I have is getting an elite pg
Well, let's hope we don't miss on Love --- Caleb is hopefully our next PG1 (and should be Roy's prioroty-1 there).

Reactions: gauchoheel
With two other guys following Caleb as to timeline of visits, he better come away with a smile and a thank you Roy after his visit.
I agree we probably do not get Cade, love to have him, but may not be, so yea, I'd also take an RJ.
There are a few more talented kids out there. Never can tell before November or next spring.

Do Zaire and Springer play the same positions? If so, maybe Zaire is about to pop so Springer wasn't interested anymore.

May not be a popular opinion but I was never a fan. Don't like his game for our system.

I’m with you. I’ve been in the Bryce Thompson camp for a few months now, but it seemed that Springer was more likely than him so I limited my preference.

It’s all Thompson now. He’s the best scorer in the class for my money. Call me crazy, but the kid has some Kobe in his midrange game.

Hopefully Coach Rob can seal the deal.

Last edited:
crystal ball explodes again .. springer was a lock for UNC but we were slow to offer ….oh well .. Next …..
Only 5 predictions for Springer. Looked promising because they all pointed to UNC - but still too few predictions. Moreover, Springer didn't have an offer from Michigan at the time those predictions were made. A bit of egg on the faces of a couple of the better known predictors (Meyer, Slater) though.

If Springer wasn't wowed by the Michigan visit, does he turn his attention back to us, or is he done with us?

I’m with you. I’ve been in the Brice Thompson camp for a few months now, but it seemed that Springer was more likely than him so I limited my preference.

It’s all Thompson now. He’s the best scorer in the class for my money. Call me crazy, but the kid has some Kobe in his midrange game.

Hopefully Coach Rob can seal the deal.
Thompson is another with not too many predictions yet (7) but none are to UNC. The good news is that no other team has a clear lead, so it may be possible to butt in line.

Are we in a strong lead with any of the guys we’re pursuing right now? Seems like maybe Love?

That was obviously a huge misconception.
Apparently. For those of us without inside knowledge, 5 predictions to UNC looks darn good. Not as good as 10 or more predictions - which is when I start feeling really good - but still seems like a good indicator. But this time it seems to have been a bum steer.

Interestingly enough, the predictions for Springer are now up to 6 and we still lead, 4-2 over Tennessee. Tennessee, not Michigan. The bad news is that the newest picks are for Tennessee. I always weight the most recent picks higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT