ADVERTISEMENT

Random / Weird News Stories

As a longtime heavy drinker of coffee, I am always encouraged some when I see these reports . .

Another Study Suggests Coffee Is Really Great for Your Heart.

Still unsure if Arabica beans are nature’s way of saying humans are supposed to live forever? Well, in addition to maybe preventing liver disease, cancer, and erectile dysfunction, scientists say there’s exciting new proof coffee might make your heart healthier. In findings presented to the American Heart Association yesterday, University of Colorado researchers say they essentially stumbled upon this great news by digging through an important, very-long-running data set on American eating patterns and cardiovascular health.

The plan was to find dietary habits that help mitigate the risk of heart disease — and, according to Time, “one stood out after the analysis.” Per their findings, drinking coffee daily was linked to less heart failure, less stroke, and less coronary heart disease. Subjects who consumed an eight-ounce cup every day lowered their risk of each by 8 percent, 7 percent, and 5 percent, respectively. Moreover, the reduction repeated again with every new cup — all the way up to six.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/11/n...?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=s1
Coffee is one of those things I really want to like, but I can't. It smells so good, but I cannot for the life of me acquire a taste for it. I've tried it black, with cream, sugar, without sugar, all sorts of flavorings, hot, cold - you name it. It just doesn't work for me no matter how it's prepared, and it makes me sad.

Reactions: nctransplant
giphy.gif

I don't think I've ever heard of a Wal-Mart being evacuated before. WTG NC Gastonia!
FIFY

Police charged one man, 37-year-old Reginald Wayne Hall with second-degree trespassing in the incident. The Lincolnton man was booked into Gaston County Jail under a $1,000 bond. This marks Hall’s fifth time being booked into Gaston County Jail this calendar year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT