ADVERTISEMENT

Random / Weird News Stories

Not really all that strange, but happened about half a mile from where I'm sitting.

CipruLwU4AAFIyU.jpg:large

Ok, so none of these are really that unusual, but taken collectively as a single day's entry in the crime log, it's pretty funny.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Two stabbed by girlfriends

Two men were stabbed by their girlfriends during weekend disputes, according to the Greenville Police Department.

Randy Alston O’Neal, 25, of 600 Glendale Drive was stabbed between 9:20 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. at 508 W. 14th St., police said. The extent of his injuries were not available.

Police also said 22-year-old Jackielis Moore of 300 Verdant Drive was stabbed between 11:15 p.m. and 11:26 p.m. on Saturday at 600 Glendale Drive. Moore suffered moderate injuries.

Police department spokeswoman Kristen Hunter said the men were stabbed in the chest during disputes with their girlfriends. Moore and O’Neal are expected to survive, Hunter said.

Charges are pending.

Shots fired at woman

A Greenville man turned himself in on Sunday for firing shots at a woman during a domestic dispute, according to Greenville police.

Bernard Jones, 41, of 1113 W. Third St. was charged with attempted first-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.

Jones allegedly fired several rounds at a woman during a domestic dispute in the area of West Third and Tyson streets. The woman was unharmed, Hunter said.

Since the incident involved a gun, police closed West Third Street as they attempted to serve Jones with the warrant at his home. Jones was not home at the time but officers contacted him, and he turned himself in about 4 p.m. on Sunday.

Jones is in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $1.5 million secured bond.

Man found in field

The Greenville Police Department Violent Criminal Apprehension Team arrested a man facing robbery and kidnapping charges after finding him in a sweet potato field near Pactolus Highway.

James Earl Sutton, 54, was charged with robbery with a firearm or other dangerous weapon and second-degree kidnapping.

Hunter said Sutton was arrested on warrants out of Snow Hill. He is in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $250,000 secured bond.

Reactions: Raising Heel
LMAO. You mentioned Family Guy in the Friday Favorites thread but your recall here is a little scary. Love that show. For the last few months, I've been watching an episode on Netflix before bed almost every night. Minor addiction problem I guess.
my wife finds my Family Guy addiction disturbing also.

My only cell phone since 2005 has been the Razr 1, I love that phone . . recently I had it out making a call at a fairly large family get together and one of my young nieces politely asked me "what museum did I get that phone from . . ?" LOL

AT&T recently notified me I will have to upgrade my phone as they will no longer service it come January1, 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT