ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Zion Williamson

As OAD's go, we likely need EJ Montgomery more than Zion. Either will strengthen our team, and we'll definitely be fine without both of them.

Zion will go to
Clemson. I’ve heard his blood father doesn’t like UNC and that he is really really close with his family. I’ve also heard his step father may be getting an assistant job at Clemson and is pushing him to go there so he can be the man.

Zion will go to
Clemson. I’ve heard his blood father doesn’t like UNC and that he is really really close with his family. I’ve also heard his step father may be getting an assistant job at Clemson and is pushing him to go there so he can be the man.

What I have been told all along is that Clemson has always been the team to beat for the kid and I really have not seen anything concrete to change that other than rumors and rumors of rumors. I have heard that some really want to believe we have a great shot at the kid and justify it by his relationship with Naz but that is IMO their wanting it to happen so much they make a case for it but I just don't think it is reality, not according to what I have consistently heard out of the upstate of South Carolina.

In the end, I honestly do not think this kid is a critical get for us, he would be a nice get for us but for our real areas of need I don't see him as important a get as Naz or White. Frankly, I think we would be better over all with Cam back for a final season than we would be having Zion for only a frosh season. I am not down on Zion at all, the kid is huge talented but the question is how does he fit what we have and have on the way for next season, Cam fits great, not so sure of how well Zion would fit.

I will be checking with my source in the next several days ..... will let all know as soon as l confirm.

Happy New Year to all Tar Heels, incl Z!!!
Just wait and see!

If your source says anything otherwise I wouldn’t believe any other info they may provide you in the future because Zion will be a tiger

Some Twitter accounts are saying Zion committed to Kentucky and will publicly announce it soon. No idea if the Twitter accounts are at all reputable.

Some Twitter accounts are saying Zion committed to Kentucky and will publicly announce it soon. No idea if the Twitter accounts are at all reputable.
I found some Twitter accounts that say he is committed to us; so I don't think we should take those as legit on both instances.

I wouldn't be surprised if he committed to Timbuktu U. My brain says UK while my heart says UNC. IOW, I don't have a freakin' clue. And I'm not wasting a minute of time worrying about it. Like Dean said, "We'll win with you or without you".

Zion is a hefty but relatively short guy who operates best in the paint, where taller guys with equal or better athleticism will kick his behind in any of the top D1 leagues, including the ACC. I have seen his promo videos, and he is great in the paint and in transition against shorter and less athletic competition, but he has not convinced me that he has a reliable mid-range jump shot.

He would add to the UNC roster, but he is not absolutely needed. I continue to prefer EJ Montgomery over Zion.

I seriously doubt UNC ever offers EJ and I’ve heard he is way overrated and only performs good against smaller players. When he matches up against guys his own size he struggles mightily.

He will go wherever he goes and it won't make a whole lot of difference one way or another in the big picture. These friggin' drama driven social media attention sluts are a waste of time following .. and once again this is just my humble opinion

Reactions: HeelzLover
There is a guy on tos and he left his name and fb page. He claims to have talked to zion and his dad and said Zions dad would like him to go to Clemson but that he feels like z will pick UNC. Said that zions dad spoke very nicely about Roy while not so nicely about k and cal. The guy seems legit again left his name and fb page so I believe him. He said he is 90% z will come to UNC. Guys name is Kendall Thurman and he said you could look him up and check him out he isn't lieing folks.

It’s going to be Clemson fellas.... don’t get your hopes up. Clint Jackson just posted on twittter it’s uk or Clemson

It will not be UNC
Dude I don't know where he is going and to be completely honest I don't care if he chooses us fine if not fine all I did was refer to a person who I checked out and seems to be telling the truth about his encounter. No need to go around emphatically making statements. To quote another poster UNC will win with him, or UNC will win without him.

Reactions: jah420
All I’ll say is I’ve been reading this and various other UNC message boards and when it comes to recruiting misses like Zion I’m anxious to see what the new excuses of why Roy can’t land guys like him will be. The NCAA clout can no longer be used.

All I’ll say is I’ve been reading this and various other UNC message boards and when it comes to recruiting misses like Zion I’m anxious to see what the new excuses of why Roy can’t land guys like him will be. The NCAA clout can no longer be used.

Carolina will already have one of the top recruiting classes in the country coming to Chapel Hill next year, so what are you talking about?

Personally, I could care less whether Zion comes to Carolina or not because he's a one and done talent, and will not be the difference in whether we win a title or not...If he chooses Clemson, he could play multiple positions next year since they will lose their backcourt to graduation, and he will be allowed to be a ball hawg which may be what he and his familly wants in order to better showcase his talents for the next level?

I like what Carolina will return next year along with what recruits we have coming in, and the Tar Heels will be fine with or without Zion....

Have you seen Nas and Coby play? Oh yeah, Roy really missed big time on this class....:rolleyes:

Lol dude the incoming class was first in the nation til recently. Now its i think 5th. So we have several “like him”.

We already landed a guy like him! And we have a top recruiting class. It doesn't really take much intelligence to see that Roy is a great recruiter AND coach since he finds talented, good character players and takes them to the Natty game. It could be blind luck and/or it could be hard to discern due to personal agendas!.

If UNC "misses" on Zion doesn't that mean either slimy, ratty, or whoever coaches Clemson also missed? What would these great basketball minds use as an excuse for their miss? If Zion goes to UNC, then every other coach in D-1 better polish up their spin doctors because they clearly can't land elite recruits!

This type of stupidity, thinking any one recruit changes the perception for an entire program, is one of the worst parts of modern society! Why doesn't it make more sense to take 75 years of history over the whims of a teenager or any one single event?

I hope Zion does pick UNC and I remain hopeful despite the pronouncements of internet experts! The difference for me is that either way I expect UNC to contend for the ACC and NCAA.

BTW: Please attribute this iconic quote to the greatest coach/human being associated with UNC, DES: "We will win with you or without you!" Family must protect its history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT