ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

Crest High also is a team we need to recruit more both oline and dline and linebackers are off the charts

Don't get your hopes up. Not saying it won't happen, but just expect a Dook commit and be pleasantly surprised if he chooses the right shade of blue. No insider info here, we just cannot recruit Scotland Co., of late.
didn't another poster say the scotland co coach a few years ago was a big gamecock fan?

We are trending for 6'6" 330 lb OL Yassir Durant a 2*. This one seems a bit curious and I am assuming we have lost Pete Leota.

Joyner was a little light at the time (at a listed 200 pounds) to stop a 208 pound back straight on. He is now up to 220 as a senior and he is a major target for some well known football schools.

He has not visited an out of state school yet..but LSU, Auburn, and FSU are all trying to get him on campus and have him listed as a target.

Joyner named UNC, LSU, and FSU in his top picks and one recruiting pundit had the Heels leading.
.....Crest had 4 players on d that were better than Joyner...that's just the truth...that team was stacked...Dexter Lawrence maybe the best D lineman in the country..simply a wrecking machine

Hard to compare someone to Dexter Lawrence...5 star DT's don't come along every day. and the kid is huge for a high school guy that still has room to develop.

It would be a huge tell tale for UNC to pull down an in-state 5 star like Dexter over programs like Florida and Alabama who have him as a top target and are working him hard.

Most of the chatter for each is SEC. Lawrence is said to be a long time Florida fan, and Bama nay be his 2nd favorite. We may be #4 behind Clemson. Most of the talk about Joyner is that he is headed to LSU, but FSU and UNC have a chance.

UF will be lucky to win 7 games this year ... lots of kids dont play for the team they grew up cheering for on sat's

.....Crest had 4 players on d that were better than Joyner...that's just the truth...that team was stacked...Dexter Lawrence maybe the best D lineman in the country..simply a wrecking machine
Who are the 4 Crest players? Are they rising seniors?

Who are the 4 Crest players? Are they rising seniors?

My guess is that his Crest kids would be Tre Harbison ( 3 star RB committed to Virginia), Kollin Byres (2 star OT), Chris Willis (2 star DE) and somebody...

These are 2016 recruits....

Now...for 2017...Crest has one of the best in the state in Justin Foster (OLB)....He will be a hot commodity...at least a four star recruit.

The kid, as a junior, was a man at 6'3 and 225.....if he grows a bunch, he might make a DE.

Now...for 2017...Crest has one of the best in the state in Justin Foster (OLB)....He will be a hot commodity...at least a four star recruit.

The kid, as a junior, was a man at 6'3 and 225.....if he grows a bunch, he might make a DE.
I forgot Foster plays for Crest , unfortunately he is a lean for Clemson or Tenn with us running third. What is it about hideous orange??

He's was the best player on the field when Crest played Havelock. He was only a sophomore to boot. Clemson is all over him, they were the first to offer, Tennessee is beating down his door. He just got offered by Stanford and Oklahoma. This kid makes the grades that will not be an issue. Crest is a Florida Gator pipeline. Brandon Spikes, Raheem Ledbetter, Jonathan Bullard to name a few. I hope Fedora can keep this local kids in State (not at State).

That bumps us up to #23 on the 247 rankings. This is shaping up to be a pretty good looking class.

alleged wish list on "D" is one or two more DT's , another DE , one more DB and possibly a 4th LB.

It hadn't updated when I checked the rivals ranking, but I'd love to see where we'd jump to if we could snag Lawrence

Reactions: Archer2
Two big in state pick ups today good job hopefully this is a good sign for the future. Need to add Lawrence and Joyner.

It hadn't updated when I checked the rivals ranking, but I'd love to see where we'd jump to if we could snag Lawrence
If we were to add Lawrence, we'd move up to #12 in the team rankings.
If we were to add Lawrence and Joyner, we'd move up to #9.

That's all things being equal, i.e. as if UNC were the only team adding commitments. There are still plenty of big fish on the board, so the Heels' ranking would undoubtedly drop by signing day, but adding those two guys would basically guarantee a top-20 finish based on prior years' results.

Or Jordon Brown. UNC will be #18 once Rivals updates the commitments/rankings.
#23 on 247 , dookies at 21 despite no commitments since June and actually moved up 2 spots. They got a lot of private school guys. They have an OL that is a high 3* low 4* that is 6'8" 267 seems light for his height and will need a ton of time in weight room. We beat out the geezer in derm for both guys yesterday. I cannot say that enough. Hats off to Fedora and staff.

If we were to add Lawrence, we'd move up to #12 in the team rankings.
If we were to add Lawrence and Joyner, we'd move up to #9.

That's all things being equal, i.e. as if UNC were the only team adding commitments. There are still plenty of big fish on the board, so the Heels' ranking would undoubtedly drop by signing day, but adding those two guys would basically guarantee a top-20 finish based on prior years' results.

If we snag one or both of those guys I'm gonna be excited regardless of the rankings.

#23 on 247 , dookies at 21 despite no commitments since June and actually moved up 2 spots. They got a lot of private school guys. They have an OL that is a high 3* low 4* that is 6'8" 267 seems light for his height and will need a ton of time in weight room. We beat out the geezer in derm for both guys yesterday. I cannot say that enough. Hats off to Fedora and staff.
Definitely beat us out for Smith, but Brittain Brown committed in May and took the last RB spot so we weren't in on Brown and haven't been recruiting any 2016 RBs since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT