ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

Dexter Lawrence to visit this weekend. Maybe still a chance??
Unless he is an idiot, we have a chance. By now, he should know 3 things: when the Wufs face actual teams, they struggle mightily; our team is young, very young, and prepping for much bigger things; the new D staff is as good as any in the ACC and could develop into as good as any in the country.

So if Lawrence is seriously interested in playing very close to home, he should be looking very carefully at UNC.

For half a minute i felt bad that Dexter Lawrence is coming to watch the same weekend that we have two suspensions for fighting. But then I thought about the other programs he has interest in:
Will Grier - done, S Thornton - finally gone, FSU - don't they have several booted this yr? So we're pretty good in comparison.

Unless he is an idiot, we have a chance. By now, he should know 3 things: when the Wufs face actual teams, they struggle mightily; our team is young, very young, and prepping for much bigger things; the new D staff is as good as any in the ACC and could develop into as good as any in the country.

So if Lawrence is seriously interested in playing very close to home, he should be looking very carefully at UNC.
Yeah and we usually play actual FBS teams.

Reactions: Raising Heel
2017 4* OL from Eastern Alamance Jonah Melton committing Monday. 80% for the good guys on the famous crystal ball.

Reactions: mahncpa1
How is it looking with us and Dexter Lawrence?
rvzajnc.gif

IMO ^

I cannot find ANY info on how Dex's visit went.
If he wants the SEC, that is understandable. If he wants MooU, he is stupid and/or eaten up with bad taste. If he has warmed to us, wonderful. He may be the final piece of the puzzle on D.

Either way, our D next year can be great, as in Dooley teams great D.

Who are the other DT that we have a real chance of landing...I have moved on from Big Dex...Need at least 2 more...Even if they redshirt...Also do we have any shot at the 5 star WR I keep hearing about....His name escapes me maybe Nate Craig or something...

Who are the other DT that we have a real chance of landing...I have moved on from Big Dex...Need at least 2 more...Even if they redshirt...Also do we have any shot at the 5 star WR I keep hearing about....His name escapes me maybe Nate Craig or something...
We are back in the running for 4* Shug Frazier from GA. Charlotte's Marlon Dunlop wants to play for UNC, but he is a project who definitely would need to redshirt.

I think we will take 2 DTs, and Kyree Campbell is committed.

On the DL. remember that we have 2 DEs committed and we definitely want to add 4* Andrew Fitzgerald of TX.

The WR is Nate Craig of FL. Some rank him #1 or 2 in the nation at the position. I think he is intrigued at being the tall Go-To WR for us once we play Trubisky and pass more. We have a shot at him, but that is all.

We are back in the running for 4* Shug Frazier from GA. Charlotte's Marlon Dunlop wants to play for UNC, but he is a project who definitely would need to redshirt.

On the DL. remember that we have 2 DEs committed and we definitely want to add 4* Andrew Fitzgerald of TX.

The WR is Nate Craig of FL. Some rank him #1 or 2 in the nation at the position. I think he is intrigued at being the tall Go-To WR for us once we play Trubisky and pass more. We have a shot at him, but that is all.

Thanks Woad...Much like you I still think we are a year away from being really good..Would just love to add 3 DT this class for depth and the future...

No doubt in my mind Dalton is a stud and glad to see him on the field vs Wake...Watched him run down Hinton from behind...The D is real close...

If he wants the SEC, that is understandable. If he wants MooU, he is stupid and/or eaten up with bad taste. If he has warmed to us, wonderful. He may be the final piece of the puzzle on D.

Either way, our D next year can be great, as in Dooley teams great D.
saw a pic of him at the game standing with Surratt. I hope Surratt was in his ear.

Sulaiman Kamara ??? we are still listed as warm.

Thanks Woad...Much like you I still think we are a year away from being really good..Would just love to add 3 DT this class for depth and the future...

No doubt in my mind Dalton is a stud and glad to see him on the field vs Wake...Watched him run down Hinton from behind...The D is real close...
Keep in mind that Dalton played some DR last week. It is ppssible he may be made a DT or a combo DE/DT, playing where we need him most per our talent and the foe. Also, of the 2 DE commits, the project DeFranco is tall and only about 230 now. If he has the frame, he could be built into a tall 300 pound DT.

Besides those possible moves, we have coming BACK next year at DT: Jones, Clarke, Powell, Dinkins, Crawford. If they are all healthy, Campbell may have to redshirt, even if we don't sign another DT rated higher than him.

Keep in mind that Dalton played some DR last week. It is ppssible he may be made a DT or a combo DE/DT, playing where we need him most per our talent and the foe. Also, of the 2 DE commits, the project DeFranco is tall and only about 230 now. If he has the frame, he could be built into a tall 300 pound DT.

Besides those possible moves, we have coming BACK next year at DT: Jones, Clarke, Powell, Dinkins, Crawford. If they are all healthy, Campbell may have to redshirt, even if we don't sign another DT rated higher than him.
Pretty sure Dalton is gonna end up exclusively as a DT.

Pretty sure Dalton is gonna end up exclusively as a DT.
If that is the case, then there is almost 0 sense in signing more than 2 DTs in this class.

Which gets us back to the importance of adding Fitzgerald to the class. If Dalton is moving to DT fully, then signing Fitzgerald is more important for us than signing Lawrence.

Lawrence is a beast compared to Dalton. Need to get Dexter to UNC
They're both beasts dude. Dalton will be elite once he learns the DT position.

@WoadBlue I just don't think we're in play for Fitzgerald. Other than the QB Elliot, you know as well as I that we can't recruit Texas (Schoettmer excluded but he was a preferred walk-on)

They're both beasts dude. Dalton will be elite once he learns the DT position.

@WoadBlue I just don't think we're in play for Fitzgerald. Other than the QB Elliot, you know as well as I that we can't recruit Texas (Schoettmer excluded but he was a preferred walk-on)
He has always looked outside TX and the southwest. And now Oregon has lost some luster. Our D is looking very good and readying for greatness, and Chizik is charismatic.

I think we have a shot.

Christian Colon has de-committed from Ped State. Possible destinations listed were UK , UCLA and Miami. I am sorry but none of those make any sense.

Christian Colon has de-committed from Ped State. Possible destinations listed were UK , UCLA and Miami. I am sorry but none of those make any sense.
Miami and UCLA both have large Spanish speaking communities near campus. UK has Calipari.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT