ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

I think distance is a factor here, but who knows hope the visit is amazing.
He's also going to visit Oregon, so if distance is a factor, it may well be a positive. As he is a not guy who early on named Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, OU, LSU, and Arkansas as his most likely destinations or favorites, I would bet that he is ready to go outside the Southwest and Plains.

crystal ball predictions showing up for Robert Washington to UNC, I thought we had backed off on him?

crystal ball predictions showing up for Robert Washington to UNC, I thought we had backed off on him?
Maybe he reached out and indicated renewed interest. I know he was supposed to visit campus at least once this summer.

We definitely are in the Top 5 for VA DT Sulaiman Kamara, It seems we do much better with the VA DTs than the NC DTs. If we land Kamara, losing Lawrence won't hurt. If somehow we land both and keep Campbell, we will a national title caliber set of DTs.

Reactions: Archer2
Pete Leota has committed to SoCar. I was hoping to see him in Carolina Blue. Recruiting has been really quiet lately.

Pete Leota has committed to SoCar. I was hoping to see him in Carolina Blue. Recruiting has been really quiet lately.

Start of HighSchool football...Might get 1 or 2 commits during the season but it will heat back up in Dec...

Don't think I'm breaking any rules to share re: Leota......staff had long moved on.

Also, I agree @WoadBlue that Coe is heading to Auburn. Really, really irks me that we aren't going to land a guy that good who lives less than 90 minutes from CH :( but oh well

With most thinking we are a long shot with Lawrence what about Kamara seems like he would be a good pick up. Any idea where we may stand with him.

With most thinking we are a long shot with Lawrence what about Kamara seems like he would be a good pick up. Any idea where we may stand with him.
I think I read we are in his top 3. We seem to be out of it for Gilbert now also.

OK. What recruits committed to SoCar that we were interested in? Pete Leota is the only name off the top of my head but there is bound to be others.

OK. What recruits committed to SoCar that we were interested in? Pete Leota is the only name off the top of my head but there is bound to be others.
The staff moved on from him long before he committed, but we'll see. The SCar recruits are jumping ship like it's the Titanic (can't blame them)

The staff moved on from him long before he committed, but we'll see. The SCar recruits are jumping ship like it's the Titanic (can't blame them)
Brando McIlwain a QB is their top recruit. We definitely aren't in the market for a QB. What was the story on Leota?

Brando McIlwain a QB is their top recruit. We definitely aren't in the market for a QB. What was the story on Leota?
I don't know. His recruitment was really strange. But basically the staff left a spot open for him (i.e. they were done at OL but thought highly enough of him to open an unanticipated extra spot for him if he wanted it) and he just kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting. And the staff just moved on.

I don't know. His recruitment was really strange. But basically the staff left a spot open for him (i.e. they were done at OL but thought highly enough of him to open an unanticipated extra spot for him if he wanted it) and he just kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting. And the staff just moved on.
oh the old "shit or get off the pot".

Truth is stranger than fiction department , SoCar just got a commitment from a high 3* SDE Darius Whitfield. Maybe he hasn't been on the internet today. 86% of predictions had been for Bama and he is from Mobile. SMFH.

247 discussing how we're getting some momentum with defensive recruits as a result of our improved defense under Chizik. Love to turn the tables and steal one from Miami for a change. Need more DL's.

So we got another DB. What are our priorities now? I understand DT and DE definitely but what else?

Just went to 247 and I know many on here loathe them but they just posted an article that says at least 1 more DL , at least 1 more DB , an offensive playmaker (either WR or A-back) and then to fill needs rather than best available players.

Just went to 247 and I know many on here loathe them but they just posted an article that says at least 1 more DL , at least 1 more DB , an offensive playmaker (either WR or A-back) and then to fill needs rather than best available players.
Too many players. DL (x1 or x2), and 1-2 best available IMO. We're not taking 25; we're at 18 currently. Probably will be 20.

a) I'm referring to a much larger sample size

b) Are you saying that while he was a Miami commit, the crystal ball was showing him 100% to UNC?
He flipped from Miami and the crystal ball was 100% on the flip. I don't know how long ago he committed to Miami but there was no crystal ball history on that. Is it it a gimmick? Maybe and what's wrong with gimmicks? Highly inaccurate? Depends on what you call "highly". A lot of these kids keep it close to the vest and are very fickle anyway. I suspect they may tell one person a team is the favorite right after a visit and then change favorites after the next visit. Example: Antonio Williams is committed to Wisconsin and now there are new picks for Ohio State. Will he stick with Wisky? I personally don't think so but it is my opinion just like the crystal ball picks are opinions and from a wide variety of pickers many of which are homers for the team they are predicting for. I certainly am not going to take the time to do so but I think you will find their accuracy isn't too bad. I personally find it highly entertaining and insightful.

He flipped from Miami and the crystal ball was 100% on the flip.
Sorry, I'm still not clear what you mean. My understanding is he was committed to Miami until he announced for UNC yesterday. There wasn't any time for a CB prediction, unless you're saying that the CB was predicting him to UNC while he was still a Miami commit.

I certainly am not going to take the time to do so but I think you will find their accuracy isn't too bad. I personally find it highly entertaining and insightful.
I've tracked a few notable recruits, the ones with a decent amount of uncertainty where they'd land. The predictions throughout their recruitment were pretty inaccurate. You can actually look at a guy like Shy Tuttle and see his predictions flip across the board days before his announcement, when it become clear that info about his intentions leaked from his camp. Entertaining? I'll give you that. It creates good suspense.

Sorry, I'm still not clear what you mean. My understanding is he was committed to Miami until he announced for UNC yesterday. There wasn't any time for a CB prediction, unless you're saying that the CB was predicting him to UNC while he was still a Miami commit.

I've tracked a few notable recruits, the ones with a decent amount of uncertainty where they'd land. The predictions throughout their recruitment were pretty inaccurate. You can actually look at a guy like Shy Tuttle and see his predictions flip across the board days before his announcement, when it become clear that info about his intentions leaked from his camp. Entertaining? I'll give you that. It creates good suspense.
Tuttle (by the way out for rest of season with a broken fibula and torn ankle ligament) was trending Tenn. long before his actual commitment and it had been a two team race for some time. Some will always have more inside info than others and I guess the 2 guys who picked the flip to UNC for Pierre did. I think about 3 or so are predicting Antonio Williams to flip to OSU and I would assume they have some kind of inside info. I also think some flip their picks when someone seems to have inside info so they just follow.

So we could be back to 85 next year if everything goes good in the off season...Also how many guys are EEs...Been a long time since UNC has been at 85....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT