ADVERTISEMENT

Religion of Peace.....

GACMAN

Hall of Famer
Oct 19, 2004
just brutally murdered 12 people in France.....over frickin cartoons!!!!

Condemnation of this act is coming in from all across the Globe by Muslim Leaders.....NOT!

When are people going to realize that this is NOT a religion of peace!

Funny how media called for releasing the movie about n korea in defiance of their terrorist act but noone to my knowledge is willing to show the cartoon. I think every single media outlet should publish it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by GACMAN:
just brutally murdered 12 people in France.....over frickin cartoons!!!!

Condemnation of this act is coming in from all across the Globe by Muslim Leaders.....NOT!

When are people going to realize that this is NOT a religion of peace!
It's NOT the "religion" that is the problem. The religion, like all religions, encourages forgiveness, peace and human kindness. Where it gets messed-up, like all religions, is when PEOPLE try to abide by them and fail. Religions are man-made.

Originally posted by lovetheHeels!:

You need to learn how to look harder.
you need to see through to the nuts and bolts of condemnation. There isn't any condemnation that substantially amounts to a committment to eliminate or at least ostracize what is ostensibly going to be characterized, as is the routine, as non-representative of Islam. That's because there is no Muslim element that is non-representative of it. This is as much culture vs. culture as anything else, and I'll bet the farm that there are far more Muslims secretly (and not so secretly) feeling satisfaction that the fun-makers got some comeuppance than there are Muslims pissed off that some followers chose a convenient interpretation in order to justify said comeuppance.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
I don't consider these sorts of things much different than a fundamentalist Christian killing an abortion clinic doctor.
Yeah, but which one is (much) more frequent ?

Originally posted by bluetoe:

you need to see through to the nuts and bolts of condemnation. There isn't any condemnation that substantially amounts to a committment to eliminate or at least ostracize what is ostensibly going to be characterized, as is the routine, as non-representative of Islam. That's because there is no Muslim element that is non-representative of it. This is as much culture vs. culture as anything else, and I'll bet the farm that there are far more Muslims secretly (and not so secretly) feeling satisfaction that the fun-makers got some comeuppance than there are Muslims pissed off that some followers chose a convenient interpretation in order to justify said comeuppance.
I can see just fine thanks.

This " I'll bet the farm that there are far more Muslims secretly (and not so secretly) feeling satisfaction that the fun-makers got some comeuppance than there are Muslims pissed off that some followers chose a convenient interpretation in order to justify said comeuppance" makes you unable to see any of this "condemnation that substantially amounts to a committment to eliminate or at least ostracize what is ostensibly going to be characterized, as is the routine, as non-representative of Islam."

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
I don't consider these sorts of things much different than a fundamentalist Christian killing an abortion clinic doctor.
I don't know whether violence committed by Christian extremists is more frequent, or how to quantify or qualify such a thing. I know which kind makes more news in the media, though.

It's definitely in the best interest of those who run the show to keep people as scared of each other as possible. A great way to alleviate that is turn your TV off. Or, at least top watching "The News." The News is basically chosen propaganda that has a very distinct agenda. It doesn't have to be scripted in secret or in any sort of clandestine way. It's just in the better interest of those who run things, and profit from peoples' attitudes and actions, to keep them overtly suspect of each other. We all have internal radars and self-preservation instincts that work just fine. Obsessing over the behaviors of people thousands, or even hundreds, of miles away is ideal distraction and pays the bills. Regardless, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Taoism, and every other Ism has the same basic message and theme. You're right to be afraid of certain individuals, but not an entire religion!

There's a lot of difference in a lone gunman killing an abortion doctor and 9/11 etc.

and you need to learn how to stop being so frickin gullible!!!! You go on and keep believing the talking heads and they will go on and continue to kill people in the name of their religion of peace!!!

WOW.....so let me get this straight.....some dude makes a cartoon about Mohammad and him and 11 of his co workers get killed by 3 Muslim's because of it....some dude kills hundreds if not thousands of BABIES that are still in their momma's bellies and get's killed by a Christian because of it.......no different????? Really....tells me a lot!!!

So, how many people do Muslims have to kill before its no longer the same thing to you? 20? 50? 100? 1000? 10,000???

Originally posted by strummingram:
It's definitely in the best interest of those who run the show to keep people as scared of each other as possible. A great way to alleviate that is turn your TV off. Or, at least top watching "The News." The News is basically chosen propaganda that has a very distinct agenda. It doesn't have to be scripted in secret or in any sort of clandestine way. It's just in the better interest of those who run things, and profit from peoples' attitudes and actions, to keep them overtly suspect of each other. We all have internal radars and self-preservation instincts that work just fine. Obsessing over the behaviors of people thousands, or even hundreds, of miles away is ideal distraction and pays the bills. Regardless, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Taoism, and every other Ism has the same basic message and theme. You're right to be afraid of certain individuals, but not an entire religion!
The little aluminum wing-nut on that green and white beenie cap you wear all the time must be in hyper-drive, approaching ludicrous speed.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Nuk'EM Heels:
So, how many people do Muslims have to kill before its no longer the same thing to you? 20? 50? 100? 1000? 10,000???
How many Muslims do you want to kill before everything is okay with you?

WOW.....so let me get this straight.....some dude makes a cartoon about Mohammad and him and 11 of his co workers get killed by 3 Muslim's because of it....some dude kills hundreds if not thousands of BABIES that are still in their momma's bellies and get's killed by a Christian because of it.......no different????? Really....tells me a lot!!!
Both people are playing God in the name of God. In that sense it is pretty similar. There have been times throughout Christian history where crazy extremist have killed a lot of people. Right now the extreme Muslims are doing the same stupid crap. There is no excuse for it. I just don't agree that we should wipe them all off the face of the earth. I think most of you kind of think that way.

Originally posted by coryfly:

Both people are playing God in the name of God. In that sense it is pretty similar.
Thank you, Cory. Maybe that wasn't the best example for me to have used. But you got the gist of it.

GAC, are you suggesting the murder of abortion doctors is justified? If so, that tells me a lot as well.

Both people are playing God in the name of God. In that sense it is pretty similar.
Thank you, Cory. Maybe that wasn't the best example for me to have used. But you got the gist of it.

GAC, are you suggesting the murder of abortion doctors is justified? If so, that tells me a lot as well.
You are the one that brought up Abortion doctors.......if I am going to kill someone....I would kill the Abortion doc before I killed a cartoon writer, no matter what his cartoons were about...absolutley!!!!!!

Both people are playing God in the name of God. In that sense it is pretty similar. There have been times throughout Christian history where crazy extremist have killed a lot of people. Right now the extreme Muslims are doing the same stupid crap. There is no excuse for it. I just don't agree that we should wipe them all off the face of the earth. I think most of you kind of think that way.
I swear....really..bringing up Christians from the Crusade days to compare/validate to what is happening today! Kind of like it's my fault that a white guy owned slaves back in the 1800's....with Christians like you who needs enemies!!!

I do NOT want all Muslims killed or wiped off this earth....what I want is for Muslims to take a stand against this bull shit that is going on all in the name of Mohammad! If fellow Christians are going around killing people..and I get the chance, I am gonna blast their ass to hell and back! For you guys that have your head in the sand or up some hole in your body....we have a problem in this world right now....and it is called Al Queda, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, etc...do you see the common theme here! Remember it hit our soil a few years back to the tune of 3,000 people. It is a legit problem and it needs to be solved....and for the "let's hold hands and talk it out" crowd...that ain't going to work! Guys like Strum would rather ignore the problem and then when it hits close to home....he will be the first one crying and moaning about how our government is not taking care of us......it is or it isn't...can't have it both ways!!!

I swear....really..bringing up Christians from the Crusade days to compare/validate to what is happening today! Kind of like it's my fault that a white guy owned slaves back in the 1800's....with Christians like you who needs enemies!!!

I do NOT want all Muslims killed or wiped off this earth....what I want is for Muslims to take a stand against this bull shit that is going on all in the name of Mohammad! If fellow Christians are going around killing people..and I get the chance, I am gonna blast their ass to hell and back! For you guys that have your head in the sand or up some hole in your body....we have a problem in this world right now....and it is called Al Queda, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, etc...do you see the common theme here! Remember it hit our soil a few years back to the tune of 3,000 people. It is a legit problem and it needs to be solved....and for the "let's hold hands and talk it out" crowd...that ain't going to work! Guys like Strum would rather ignore the problem and then when it hits close to home....he will be the first one crying and moaning about how our government is not taking care of us......it is or it isn't...can't have it both ways!!!
I gotta give Michael Medved, Savage, Dennis Prager, etc. some well-deserved credit! Those guys can keep their audience captivated!

My favorite part of GACMAN's post is this: " If fellow Christians are going around killing people..and I get the chance, I am gonna blast their ass to hell and back" Now, tell me again just how you're justifying that you're any better than these savages you're afraid of, and how you belong to a peaceful religion? To openly vow to "blast their ass to hell and back" is about as savage and unhinged as your alleged "problem" that you insist exists. This has nothing at all to do with religion. Not a thing. Apparently there are a lot of humans, of all of these fun religious social clubs, that need to learn to CALM THE F*CK DOWN.

By the way, I'm not ignoring the problem. I simply don't see it as a problem. I know that if you leave them alone, they will leave you alone. The people that own and run this place have no interest in doing that. That place i ripe with natural reources, and those people do not participate in this consumption-based debt-ridden society that we know and love. And, it's in folks' in charge best interest to make the "Radical Muslims" appear to be the most unglued, savage humans in history to keep the people over here afraid of them. And, man, is it ever working!

You are the one that brought up Abortion doctors.......if I am going to kill someone....I would kill the Abortion doc before I killed a cartoon writer, no matter what his cartoons were about...absolutley!!!!!!
The question wasn't about choosing between the two, but I'm not surprised you took it in that direction.

My favorite part of GACMAN's post is this: " If fellow Christians are going around killing people..and I get the chance, I am gonna blast their ass to hell and back" Now, tell me again just how you're justifying that you're any better than these savages you're afraid of, and how you belong to a peaceful religion? To openly vow to "blast their ass to hell and back" is about as savage and unhinged as your alleged "problem" that you insist exists.
laugh.r191677.gif

You hit the nail on the head, Strum.

I know that if you leave them alone, they will leave you alone.
Yep.

It is like you make up arguments you want the other person to be making and then argue against that. I wasn't trying to validate anything. There is really nothing on my end to validate as I think what those people did was as terrible as you do. I suppose I could be validating that extremist are crazy. If you want to argue otherwise go ahead. I was just pointing out how they were similar. I am right. You are the one who is justifying killing people. Let us not forget that. Talking about Christians like me, eh?

Christians like me prefer not to condemn an entire religion. I would prefer to reach them, though it is certainly not an easy task. We certainly aren't going to reach the crazy ones. So let's take them out. I have no issues with that and that is what we trying to do for the most part. Take out the ones who want to kill innocent people. Take out ISIS, al Queda, and the rest of them. However, most of you on here don't differentiate. I'm not sure if you aren't capable or just unwilling. You would know that better than me I suppose.

You guys want to use these deaths and others like them to guilt trip people into feeling bad for not hating entire groups of people the way you do. Screw that.

This post was edited on 1/7 10:12 PM by coryfly

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

I don't know whether violence committed by Christian extremists is more frequent, or how to quantify or qualify such a thing. I know which kind makes more news in the media, though.
Let me help set your strawman on fire:
6 TOTAL incidents in the US resulting in death of clinic employees, 5 between 1993 and 1998- ONE SINCE THEN, IN THE LAST 17 YEARS.

So yeah, they are EXACTLY the same as the constant Islamic terror and intimidation raging thru the middle east and Europe.

Originally posted by Heels Noir:

My favorite part of GACMAN's post is this: " If fellow Christians are going around killing people..and I get the chance, I am gonna blast their ass to hell and back" Now, tell me again just how you're justifying that you're any better than these savages you're afraid of, and how you belong to a peaceful religion? To openly vow to "blast their ass to hell and back" is about as savage and unhinged as your alleged "problem" that you insist exists.
laugh.r191677.gif

You hit the nail on the head, Strum.

I know that if you leave them alone, they will leave you alone.
Yep.
Wow, the non-functioning brains are strong up in here.

Tell that to the Yazidis, or the Copts, or to the Christians slaughtered in Egypt and Yemen, or the kidnapped girls in Nigeria or the _________ ( you can fill in the rest of the blanks if you can pry your heads out of the sand)

You guys sure know a lot of things that aren't true.

and you need to learn how to stop being so frickin gullible!!!! You go on and keep believing the talking heads and they will go on and continue to kill people in the name of their religion of peace!!!
and you need to learn to comprehend the English language. I am only commenting on one part of your post which is why I only quoted that part. All I said was that there is plenty of condemnation from Muslims all over the globe about this you just have to take a minute to search. Google is your friend. My statement had nothing to do with what I thought about the attack.

Originally posted by DeanFor President:

6 TOTAL incidents in the US resulting in death of clinic employees, 5 between 1993 and 1998- ONE SINCE THEN, IN THE LAST 17 YEARS.

So yeah, they are EXACTLY the same as the constant Islamic terror and intimidation raging thru the middle east and Europe.
Oh good grief. I used the abortion doctor killings as a relatable example, not a catch-all for Christian violence. Nor is that violence limited to the United States. Don't be so literal.

and you need to learn to comprehend the English language. I am only commenting on one part of your post which is why I only quoted that part. All I said was that there is plenty of condemnation from Muslims all over the globe about this you just have to take a minute to search. Google is your friend. My statement had nothing to do with what I thought about the attack.
You probably could have saved some bandwidth and yourself from catching a lot of grief had you just linked one of the many articles you say are out there condemning the attack. You'll probably respond by saying, "you do your own research" or something like that. But I'm just saying, if all those articles are so easily found, you would have posted one. I'm certain of it.

Oh good grief. I used the abortion doctor killings as a relatable example, not a catch-all for Christian violence. Nor is that violence limited to the United States. Don't be so literal.
puh- lease. You said YOU viewed them as no different. Then you said you didn't know which was more frequent, or how to quantify it. I helped you see through your self inflicted fog. You just don't like the view.

puh- lease. You said YOU viewed them as no different. Then you said you didn't know which was more frequent, or how to quantify it. I helped you see through your self inflicted fog. You just don't like the view.
I was referring to the similarity of the perpetrators' rationale, not the number of incidents or the number of casualties. If I were trying to build a case for the volume of incidents, I might have used examples like the genocide in the Central African Republic.

You can lose the condescension, by the way. I'm entirely capable of having a reasoned and civil discussion without the caustic tone.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
I root for the home team even if I don't always like the style they play.
If this were a soccer match, or some kind of sporting event, that would be a valid and fairly safe approach. It's nowhere near that simple an the consequences are also not the same. And, "not always liking their style of play" is what is causing the biggest threat to the rest of the home team fans! Unfortunately, too many people view it in this way. It's kind of the same simple and naive way people view religion, too! Their predisposition to Tribalism is the real culprit, I think. The overall Tribe is getting bigger and the different Tribes are getting fewer. Root for the human race, not just the ones on the same plot of land as you. It's a very hard thing to do, I know. Believe it or not, there are ones on your plot of land (that look like you, talk like you and even like the same sports teams) that could do you just as much harm as those you've been told are on the opposing team.

You probably could have saved some bandwidth and yourself from catching a lot of grief had you just linked one of the many articles you say are out there condemning the attack. You'll probably respond by saying, "you do your own research" or something like that. But I'm just saying, if all those articles are so easily found, you would have posted one. I'm certain of it.
Here ya go:

Muslim leaders condemn Paris attacks

Where did I catch a lot of grief? I missed that since I only see one post directed at mine prior to this one. All the grief should be directed towards those that make false statements because they are too lazy or unwilling to do any sort of research before going on a stupid rant. Your aim is misdirected.

Perhaps next time you can direct your advise at the correct target by saying something like this:
You could have saved some bandwidth and yourself from catching grief had you just spent a few seconds researching your points before posting false statements and looking stupid.

ah nuk they will not simply because they are afraid, really afraid and they have every reason to be so

Look at the world and see that these Islamo Nazis kill ANYONE ,fellow Muslims included, that do not abide their 14th century view of Islam

BTW the dead policeman who was murdered by one of the POS yesterday as he lay helpless on the Paris street was a Muslim.

There was a muslim comedian (yea really) and a cleric on bob lemon cnn this morning. They both paid lip service to the religion of peace and condemned the killings yadda yadda, but then at the end (cause lemon hurriedly got out of the interview) they both said the cartoons equal yelling fire in a theatre and should not be covered by freedom of speech! Wow.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Some of these people will continue to say that Islam is peaceful right up until the moment the blade touches their neck.

The look of astonishment on their soon- to- be- lifeless faces will be priceless.

None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT