ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Speeches

Unfortunately, that was a change that Hubert made. No postgame senior speeches.

There were some great ones for sure but I get that it's more for fans than for the kids and it's more of an individual thing than a team thing.

There were some great ones for sure but I get that it's more for fans than for the kids and it's more of an individual thing than a team thing.
It is, but even Dean, the consummate "team" advocate, allowed senior speeches

The Seniors had recorded statements and they were played on the Jumbotron in the Dome! They were heartfelt, but short and sweet! Fans gave each a long ovation!

I really do miss the senior speeches, so many of them that brought tears over the years, Marcus, Joel Berry, Hansbourgh are 3 I can NEVER forget.

Has anyone found video of DES era senior speeches? I thought I remembered it being said somewhere that this didn't happen then and I don't see any of them online until Roy's era. I did watch his HOF induction speech yesterday (from 1983) down the rabbit hole. I can't get enough DES content.

Has anyone found video of DES era senior speeches? I thought I remembered it being said somewhere that this didn't happen then and I don't see any of them online until Roy's era. I did watch his HOF induction speech yesterday (from 1983) down the rabbit hole. I can't get enough DES content.
I have never seen any either when Coach Smith was coaching…Always thought it was a Coach Williams thing…

Reactions: RP12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT